• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help] host ran with dynamic ip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do anyone know how to host ran server with dynamic ip without using hamachi if know wht ip should configure at ran server cfg

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: host ran with dynamic ip

ALL ONLINE game server are not using router because they are using STATIC IP & the connection is only for 1 PC.
they dont share the internet connection.

Get it! Get it!

Are you sure? :)

Yes, one of the main function of the router is to share the internet connection but that's not the only purpose of the router. You mean if i have several STATIC IP Address I can't use a router? I think that is true if you're using a SOHO Router but if you're using INFRASTRUCTURE ROUTER (e.g. Cisco routers) that most of the big companies use (e.g. RAN PHILIPPINES etc..) then I believe it's possible.

One feature of the router that is capable of handling several static IP is "One-to-one NAT."

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Which theory is feasibly correct?

Proposition:
We would notice that Ran Philippines has several servers if we try to connect to them like Kalayaan, Tala, Havoc, Strife so forth & so on.

THEORY A:
If Mr. Jhayzhon's statement is correct, all of these servers are being handled by only ONE COMPUTER including every channels for each server.

THEORY B:
All of the game servers are behind a router, For every SERVER it has several channels, and every channel is being run by a computer.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Which theory is feasibly correct?

Proposition:
We would notice that Ran Philippines has several servers if we try to connect to them like Kalayaan, Tala, Havoc, Strife so forth & so on.

THEORY A:
If Mr. Jhayzhon's statement is correct, all of these servers are being handled by only ONE COMPUTER including every channels for each server.

THEORY B:
All of the game servers are behind a router, For every SERVER it has several channels, and every channel is being run by a computer.

that is not what i mean.
MY THEORY:
every server like Kalayaan, Tala, Havoc, Strife so forth & so on run on each computer with different IP,
all Kalayaan channels runs on Kalayaan dedicated server with a static IP
Different server uses different server but i think they use only 1 server for Login & session then on other dedicated server they run only FIELD & AGENT or FIELD only. They also use different PC for database & different pc for website.

this is my previous post. please kindly read.
@bl4kjak

I think it is not working...
Because when you put LAN ip on you config & set your router to use DMZ or Virtual Server then on the client out side your network(wan side) put the server's WAN ip on its param.cfg. when you connect to the channel it says connection failed or something.

that happened because when you use LAN ip on your server config (ex. 192.168.0.2) the ran server sends LAN ip on the CLIENT (WANSIDE) then the CLIENT use the LAN ip(192.168.0.2) send by the server to connect, now you cant connect because you are now connecting to LAN ip not on the WAN ip of the server.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

official game server not using any router, it only use firewall. A firewall system nor necessary a router.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

So, all of you saying that the only way to connect ranserver is by using hamachi? and nothing else?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

you can make it online by making your server as a router or use it as a dedicated server(you will not share internet).

INFO: you can have internet on your PC without using a router. Router is for sharing internet only.
Search on google if you want to learn more on how to use your PC as a router

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

SORRY.

I couldn't accept ROUTER is for sharing internet "ONLY," it is one of the feature but it's not the ONLY purpose of the router... :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

SORRY.

I couldn't accept ROUTER is for sharing internet "ONLY," it is one of the feature but it's not the ONLY purpose of the router... :)

kindly answer this.
1. Other purpose of router.
2. did you make your server online using a router? can we test it if it is running well?
3. I have manage to go to Selection Screen but failed on opening a MAP. Did you experience this?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

kindly answer this.
1. Other purpose of router.
2. did you make your server online using a router? can we test it if it is running well?
3. I have manage to go to Selection Screen but failed on opening a MAP. Did you experience this?

Answer:

1. One feature of the router that is capable of handling several static IP is "One-to-one NAT." (from my previous post). Check this out: One-to-one NAT
2. Still looking for the answer. Haven't tried answer number one because my SOHO router isn't capable of that.
3. same as answer number 2

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

this is the diagram on one-to-one NAT given by b3rd3vl.
hi_dkny - [Help] host ran with dynamic ip - RaGEZONE Forums

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Explanation

10.1.1.1(130.252.100.17) = Router
10.1.1.3(130.252.100.19) = Server
10.1.1.2(130.252.100.18) = Other Client

If we can bind this 130.252.100.19 on our server we can use it, but i think we cant because the IP of your LAN card is still 10.1.1.3 if you put 130.252.100.19 on your server config there will be an error like "bind ip error' or something.

example: when you enable your webserver & you access it outside you need to put your server WAN ip(130.252.100.17) on the web browser right? if you can use 130.252.100.19 instead of 130.252.100.17 & access you server we can use this.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

this is the diagram on one-to-one NAT given by b3rd3vl.
hi_dkny - [Help] host ran with dynamic ip - RaGEZONE Forums

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Explanation

10.1.1.1(130.252.100.17) = Router
10.1.1.3(130.252.100.19) = Server
10.1.1.2(130.252.100.18) = Other Client

If we can bind this 130.252.100.19 on our server we can use it, but i think we cant because the IP of your LAN card is still 10.1.1.3 if you put 130.252.100.19 on your server config there will be an error like "bind ip error' or something.

example: when you enable your webserver & you access it outside you need to put your server WAN ip(130.252.100.17) on the web browser right? if you can use 130.252.100.19 instead of 130.252.100.17 & access you server we can use this.

Yes that's the purpose of one-to-one NAT , we actually use the WAN IP 130.252.100.19 not the router IP.
EXACTLY you got my point!!!!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes that's the purpose of one-to-one NAT , we actually use the WAN IP 130.252.100.19 not the router IP.
EXACTLY you got my point!!!!

can you bind that ip on the server?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

can you bind that ip on the server?

I believe we still need to use the private address, i have also not tried the theory i've given but the purpose of one-to-one nat and why this is the method that i thought is actually bind the private IP address of the server to a certain PUBLIC IP address. It's just like the private IP address is STATICALLY ROUTED to a certain PUBLIC IP address.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

if you cant bind this IP on the server we cant use this method.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

if you cant bind this IP on the server we cant use this method.

In my own theory (correct me if i'm wrong), if we use one-to-one NAT the public address is bounded to private address. In this case, we still need to put the private address to our server and this private address is bounded to the public address.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

In my own theory (correct me if i'm wrong), if we use one-to-one NAT the public address is bounded to private address. In this case, we still need to put the private address to our server and this private address is bounded to the public address.

when you use LAN ip on your server config (ex. 192.168.0.2) & you connect to the server using WAN ip the ran server sends LAN ip on the CLIENT (WANSIDE) instead of the WAN ip & use the LAN ip(192.168.0.2) send by the server to connect, now you cant connect because you are now connecting to LAN ip not on the WAN ip of the server. if the LAN ip can access by the CLIENT it can connect.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Please read and Understand this.
when you use LAN ip on your server config (ex. 192.168.0.2) & you connect to the server using WAN ip the ran server sends LAN ip on the CLIENT (WANSIDE) instead of the WAN ip & use the LAN ip(192.168.0.2) send by the server to connect, now you cant connect because you are now connecting to LAN ip not on the WAN ip of the server. if the LAN ip can access by the CLIENT it can connect.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Please read and Understand this.

Ok.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

From my undestanding:
RAN server communicates with the client through the binded IP. When we set our LAN IP(192.168.0.1) to our cfg's, the server binds it in login,agent,session and field. When the server transfers us from module to module(login,agent,session,field) the binded ip is then passed to the clients telling them what IP to connect to.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back