• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

L2J [HELP] how to link skill to an icon

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, as I wrote in title, I have got a problem.
I create a new skill, adding some lines in the xml skill files on server, and the skill works well, but when I give skill to a character, it appears as a black square, without any image in it.

I tryed to understand how to assign an icon (in the icon.utx file) to that new skill I created, but I don't know how to do it, any suggestion?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my bad english :blush:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
you must add it into skillgrp.dat (icon and data) and skillname-e.dat (name and description)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any way to associate skill and icon without client mods? I'd like to know if i can associate an existing icon to a new skill id, without modding client, so anyone who plays in my server can see that skill. (i hope I've explained correctly my question this time)

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
hmm. i would need to make some test, maybe skill inventory could be modified to show a particula skill icon with a custom name and description. Ill be back when ill test it :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd like to know even how to set new skill name and description (even this working on database and gameserver files, without client mods) if it is possible.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Edit existing skill...
ok... but what if I want to change the icon related to that skill... I don't know where I can find files/tables that I need to modify. This is what I'd like to know ^^

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If there is any possible way to edit skill from Server Files WITHOUT changing anything in client side ... please post it !

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How I can edit source to customize a skill? (I don't mean effects in XML files, but animations, icons, name visualized in game and desription)
If there is any way, please explain it ^^

Upvote 0
Back