Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2J [HELP] how to link skill to an icon

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, as I wrote in title, I have got a problem.
I create a new skill, adding some lines in the xml skill files on server, and the skill works well, but when I give skill to a character, it appears as a black square, without any image in it.

I tryed to understand how to assign an icon (in the icon.utx file) to that new skill I created, but I don't know how to do it, any suggestion?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my bad english :blush:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
you must add it into skillgrp.dat (icon and data) and skillname-e.dat (name and description)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any way to associate skill and icon without client mods? I'd like to know if i can associate an existing icon to a new skill id, without modding client, so anyone who plays in my server can see that skill. (i hope I've explained correctly my question this time)

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
hmm. i would need to make some test, maybe skill inventory could be modified to show a particula skill icon with a custom name and description. Ill be back when ill test it :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd like to know even how to set new skill name and description (even this working on database and gameserver files, without client mods) if it is possible.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Edit existing skill...
ok... but what if I want to change the icon related to that skill... I don't know where I can find files/tables that I need to modify. This is what I'd like to know ^^

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If there is any possible way to edit skill from Server Files WITHOUT changing anything in client side ... please post it !

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How I can edit source to customize a skill? (I don't mean effects in XML files, but animations, icons, name visualized in game and desription)
If there is any way, please explain it ^^

Upvote 0
Back