Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Holic and/or Cloud Nine

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There was a game on NetGame a while back called Holic. It was very awesome made in Korea by a company called mGame. It looked to be very WoW like and if I'm not mistaken, was actually WoW but edited in MANY fashions. I have the installer for the old game and the current game that replaced it (the sequel Cloud Nine) and It irks me to play it because this game is going nowhere fast because it's always in open BETA and the staff of the English release evidently did not pass a lick of English class. So what I want to do is make a private server of the original game because I joined it a year before they shut it down and I put 75$ into items in the game that helped me a lot. When they shut it down everything I spent my money on was gone and will never come back. What did the company do instead? For every player that reached higher than Lv. 30 they would get 15,000 NCash (NetGame's currency) for a game Called Hero Online. That game sucks and they do not have a way to transfer the funds from that game to any other NetGame... game. I never got to 'beat' Holic and I feel ripped off that the sequel SUCKS compared to the old one. Nothing is in a full sentence of understandable English, most of the quests are broken, they removed all of the good items from the NCash shop, and all of the "rares" in the game are so easy to come by, it's like every time you blink they just give you something to make you happy.

ANYWAY... sorry for the long description... I got a couple of my friends to play it with me for about 6 months and then everything went down. Now we're playing the sequel which will never be complete. If I put up a link to the old game's installer through MegaUpload or a torrent or something (don't worry, the game is completely free), can someone try to dissect it and figure something out for me? I'm no good at coding, but I'll help in every way I can. I'm not trying to make you do all of the work, I just want my old fun game back and if something is done, I don't mind paying via PayPal to whoever fixes it up for me.

The game has many titles consisting of Holic (USA), Holic2 (Korea), Lunatia (Japan), Expedition Holic (Spanish (Yeah, I know, general Spanish.))

Thanks so much for reading through this, I hope someone will reply shortly.

EDIT Many things I wanted to mention I left out because I have the memory of so here goes: a private server would be great for both games because
1: Holic isn't alive anymore and people like me liked it more than the sequel.
2: Both games are translated by Google Translate and haven't been bothered to fix grammar so most of the dialogue makes no sense and if we get the files we need for the servers we can fix up everything because some quests can not be completed with the sh't NetGame gives for their games.
3: Everything's always going for the worse when they make an update. What was it? The latest update you were supposed to know that if you did not log in since January they would give you a special item? The update was last week and they didn't bother to think that everyone from closed beta is still playing the open. NetGame is just stupid.
4: It would be another game for RageZone to have the glory of cracking the game for others to fix like many others on here.

I'm kinda sleepy right now and lost track again, so if any of that made any sense to you, God bless you. Maybe later I'll fix it up/add more reasons for server stuff. It's a free online game, so if anyone wants to teach me packets, that'd be great! I'll do my best to contribute! Thanks!

Well... can "packeting" or whatever you call it be traced? Because if that's the case, I'll go make a new account on my laptop at my neighbor's house and use their unsecured wireless to get THEIR IP banned and not mine. Win... -ish. That is if they can track it.

EDIT AGAIN I found a deep in the NetGame server its self. Why would they keep the file in their server if the game is no more? Hm... I'll look more into it. Thanks goes to FileRadar.net. Now I'm going to get into FlashFXP and look at everything they have...

EDIT OF MARCH 5 No luck. Can't FTP anything from that site. It won't connect. Perhaps an improper port...?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: mGame Old Games

Thank you so much. I've been Googling everything from the game in other languages to the unique .orz files and kept coming here. Strange... but after reading a bit in these forums I think I'll begin to like this place a lot...

EDIT: Or if, in any way, there's a possibility in obtaining the Cloud Nine server info? I know the game wasn't as good as I ranted on about, but after much, much more Googling I still could not come up with anything for old Holic. And I've never made a private server before, but I'm pretty sure you need to be online and take packets or something like that? Possibility of doing that in Holic 1 is non-existent, so I can use Cloud Nine info if that's cool.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So are there any tutorials on doing all of this from scratch: Packets and what not? Sorry to double-post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
its easy to get the ftp the problem would be trying to get the login and password.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess any netgame account would do. You have to log in to download off the download buttons there. But then again I found the link to the Holic 1 download that you can get with no account. Huh. I don't get it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hate to double post but I am just trying to keep the topic alive. Thanks for your patience, RaGEZONE.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I desire Holic a lot more than Cloud Nine...
Cloud Nine was horrid when I tried it, though I loved Holic.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I desire Holic a lot more than Cloud Nine...
Cloud Nine was horrid when I tried it, though I loved Holic.

Exactly. But the sad thing is that they both play a bit differently from each other, so you can't use the same server files. In the case of that Holic won't be able to come back up... [/sadface].

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Exactly. But the sad thing is that they both play a bit differently from each other, so you can't use the same server files. In the case of that Holic won't be able to come back up... [/sadface].
I'm pretty sure they ported the whole thing to a new (shittier imo) engine for Holic 2. The client size increased by like 3GB+ as well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You wouldn't think they would run their servers like WoW, right? Almost the same set up? If so, do you think it would be as easy to make a server like it is for WoW? And to ask one more question, would you know anyone who could tell me all the steps to make a server for a game like this from packets and what-not. This will be my first attempt at anything like this and I'm really interested.

Cloud Nine's new event screwed up so much that people are just quitting left and right and it'd be great to run the game to perhaps solve everything that's just wrong about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i too would love to see some holic online server files because i loved that game. cloud 9 is pretty gay compaired to it although i do like the new race they added

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
well i like both of them coz in holic 2 i just liek the new races but 1 or 2 1 is pretty cool cant wait for resuts

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bumping this again because the other post's been deleted, making this one the only post for Cloud Nine again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah. I know. I forgot to edit that I have a job now and I wouldn't mind shelling out 100-150$.

EDIT: That is if it works.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Aye, I'd love a copy of files for Holic. C9 is pretty lame if you ask me.
I might dig around a bit later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aye, I'd love a copy of files for Holic. C9 is pretty lame if you ask me.
I might dig around a bit later.

I agree. I prefer Holic, myself. But in the possibilities of getting those files, I'd say that you might get a better chance of getting a C9 server. In either case, I still have that link up which goes to a "Client" directory in their FTP. Perhaps there's more? I'm not too great at digging around, I'll admit, but I'll always provide whatever help I can. Perhaps you want the IP the original Holic connected to?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree. I prefer Holic, myself. But in the possibilities of getting those files, I'd say that you might get a better chance of getting a C9 server. In either case, I still have that link up which goes to a "Client" directory in their FTP. Perhaps there's more? I'm not too great at digging around, I'll admit, but I'll always provide whatever help I can. Perhaps you want the IP the original Holic connected to?

Sorry if this is necropost but I was looking for Holic few days ago and found out it's closed. I decided to look for the client and try to make emulator but I'm not too good at reverse engineering and I have no clue how to change where it connects. If you have any technical info about it, I'd like to know. :)

To change where launcher connects, just launch it with the IP as argument
"HolicLauncher_USA 127.0.0.1" for example.

The actual client checks it's IP and port from server.ini in mGame/HolicUSA directory; change them and you're done. // Edit: Modified client wasn't working correctly

I'm having hard time finding out what the server should receive from the server to actually reach the login screen.

// Edit:

Oh well, gave up because of no interest.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, it's amazing that I'm not the only interested person here. Now have you tried getting anything with ResHacker? There could be some information hidden in the files that only ResHacker can get. Other than that, great job on the Client thing. Never knew it before. I finally got to see the old launcher again.

Back