Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Holic and/or Cloud Nine

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already understand some parts of the quest.orz file (which isn't compressed with zlib, by the way) but I think it's not the highest priority thing.

I've figured out most(I think) of the main packet structure and it seems to be unencrypted. I have to figure out the first packets still but I can't work on it just now because my computer commited a suicide and I'll need to get the files out of the hard drive.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already understand some parts of the quest.orz file (which isn't compressed with zlib, by the way) but I think it's not the highest priority thing.

I've figured out most(I think) of the main packet structure and it seems to be unencrypted. I have to figure out the first packets still but I can't work on it just now because my computer commited a suicide and I'll need to get the files out of the hard drive.

Oh, that sucks that your computer died. I will mourn for it because I know the pain.

On the note of the compression: If the quest.orz file isn't compressed with zlib, then it's most likely that they may have just used it on things like the icons and music, which sucks because I want the music. Both games have a great soundtrack and I'd like some on my MP3 player. However, I will go into study of Private Server making sometime because I want to be like you someday who just looks at a file and can tell someone how to play in test mode without spending an hour looking into it (or at least it seemed that way.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, that sucks that your computer died. I will mourn for it because I know the pain.

On the note of the compression: If the quest.orz file isn't compressed with zlib, then it's most likely that they may have just used it on things like the icons and music, which sucks because I want the music. Both games have a great soundtrack and I'd like some on my MP3 player. However, I will go into study of Private Server making sometime because I want to be like you someday who just looks at a file and can tell someone how to play in test mode without spending an hour looking into it (or at least it seemed that way.)

The test mode was a lucky find because I wasn't looking for it or anything related at all. :D

Quest.orz is pretty easy at some parts because the quest IDs seem to be there in plain text and it gives some kind of overview on how stuff is stored there. Before the strings are their length in bytes as 4 byte integer and some other stuff is easy to figure out by structuring it all down on notepad and you see the pattern.

Trying to find out the first packets is a big pain in the butt. I feel like I've searched through the exe but I can't seem to figure out what the client actually expects.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They merged the servers today with Columbia. It fails. Now there is a reason for a private server.

Henry, did you ever try to figure out the Cloud Nine packets and see if they worked the same way with Holic? If anything, if you can develop anything for Cloud Nine? Perhaps that test thing again?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so i take it no one has been able to locate holic online server files yet?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, everybody.

HoLic or Mgame release an spanish version but this now was integrated with the poor version of HoLicUSa called CloudNine, cloudnine is a terrible version :S.

Thnkx

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i once created somekind of launcher for a game called "holic" as i did that i found out about the parameters to use to fire the client up

"/holic.netgame.com 0 0 YYYYYYYYYY XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 1000 1"

i belive this was it :3

y= id
x = pw

The game usually got launched through a website.
by using those parameters u were able to bypass that and start it directly.

i jsut never figured out the pw encryption, or maybe it was just a session key after loggin in the website, i have no idea.

this was the old thread i created back then.

maybe it can help somewhat out.

good luck :3 !!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I happen to have a fully-patched US Holic client from the maintenance shortly after they announced the closure. This would be the final client version released for the game internationally. I'll upload it sometime in the next day or two and post a link here. Not terribly surprisingly, the modification code posted on Page 3 doesn't work with the updated client because the addresses have been switched around. If Henry is still around, or someone with enough knowledge in the code used to program the client, it'd be awesome if they could take a look at the patched client and see if the same thing can be done with that.

EDIT: is the link for the fully patched Holic Client.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Still anyone interested in this ....
Holic Japanese version.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi EveryBody, someone knows any kind of server which is launching any version of Holic/CloudNine in any kind of country ?
I just want to play again
Also if anyone knows any possibility to buy the game I have money to negotiate

Still anyone interested in this ....
Holic Japanese version.
I am, but did not work this link

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I think you can play here, but it is only for Korea because it requires identity information or a Korean phone number. I know there are Latin players who have managed to play but they had to do several things. Lunatia (the Japanese version) closed its server. Sorry my bad english.

Back