• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How to add graphical effects to costumes?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is something which has eluded me. I can't recall seeing anything in the ief files that denotes whether a graphical glow/flame effect is applied. It certainly isn't anything in the standard bins and copying an existing costume into a new line and giving it a new ID# doesn't yield anything.

That leads me to believe that effects are programmed via the preset item ID# but where is this stored? The only bin I haven't looked in is gameeffect. Is anyone able to provide some kind of structure/template to view edit this in 010/structorian?

I'm pretty sure it's not stored within the client exe because changing gems and bins allows you to update to the latest sets (with included effects). Gameeffect is my last port of call in the bins before I start looking at the iefs/gems again.

Any help would be much appreciated if anyone has knowledge of this. Thanks.

Edit: It appears I have a gameeffect 010 template which you previously made Hunin. Don't ask how I got it because I won't tell lol. It was a package of files which looks to have been from when zRohan closed. Can't really make head or tail out of what it shows in the latest gameeffect, it appears the structure has changed however in an older version in use on my test server it seems to be working well.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well decimal % stats are great for sure and it's what I'd like to have done but it's just not possible. The only way I could get a nice stat range was to go with the + stats :(

I think your balancing will work out fine because you already have a lot more control over your outputs.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
One question I have is how balanced is the PVE? The boss kills? Have you maintained a unique roll for the classes outside the pvp areas? or are you working twards every class being nothing but a new skin and different skill animations for the same playstyle?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That for me Hunin?

If so I've only just started and I haven't completed the first run through of the skills yet. I certainly don't want to take established roles away, in fact I'm trying to keep most damage values as close to original as possible while fixing any longstanding UP and OP crap.

Also worth noting is that I'm using PvE values to balance the damages out. PvP damage can be adjusted in other ways if necessary.

I was more surprised than anyone that PvP might not need as much adjusting as I thought.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
That for me Hunin?

If so I've only just started and I haven't completed the first run through of the skills yet. I certainly don't want to take established roles away, in fact I'm trying to keep most damage values as close to original as possible while fixing any longstanding UP and OP crap.

Also worth noting is that I'm using PvE values to balance the damages out. PvP damage can be adjusted in other ways if necessary.

I was more surprised than anyone that PvP might not need as much adjusting as I thought.
That was to everyone working on balance... it's a good question to ask as for most people the idea of balance is that every class is equal... That's not how balance is done in spell based games(games with skills) the games where every class is equal are player skill based games(games like FPS and RTS and such) those games the idea is to give the player skin options so they feel that each class/faction is different when they are really the same thing.

As for pvp balance in rohan what I've noticed in it is that the issue isn't so much the classes AS PLANNED it's the classes with the unintended skill/item mixing and such... Temps weren't ever meant to be how they are... If you look at the other skills temps are given and such they were planned(imo) to be more of a tanking healer... it seems to me they weren't meant to be a DPS class. Vit Dekans are another class that was unintentionally made OP... the isseu there IIRC is really the crafted rings and such... I played during CBT/OBT on iRohan and many of the balance issues in pvp weren't nearly as bad as they are now... I remember a time when Rangers and Dhans were the "OP" classes lol

I feel that the best way to balance Rohan PVP/PvE would be to try to get it as close to what it was during iRohan OBT... remove crafting(or at least acc crafting) would be a big part of it... Then (people will hate me for this) kill temps.. remove blunt from temps fully or replace it with a static DMG boost... Turn them into tanking healers. I would keep the %s on items. I would also nerf FFS a bit

After that I would buff up a few classes like Giants and Scouts

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As of my recoded version of rohan using Unity3D, there are some minor changes in class job, though, the skillset and environment of gear and stats has greatly changed. To be serious, each and every class got a skill redesign, some of them more, some of them less. Depending on former balancement ofc.

As a small listing:

Wizard -> still AOE farmer and support
Warlock -> Complete turnover, heavy single target damage, disable and massive DOT's

Ranger -> A bit more pvp oriented, just a tiny bit
Scout -> Heavy turnover, decent and noticeable AOE && group supporter. More like a support ranger now.

Guardian -> /balanced
Defender -> /balanced ... Though, hero skills add some more power towards strength builds

Priest -> /balanced ... Thought, got a bit more supportive instead of only healing
Templar -> Heavy turnover, Mainly group support now and minor-mid support damage dealer.

Avenger -> Single target oriented critical and DOT using assassin ;o DPP removed
Predator -> Strength based single target mid-heavy damage dealer with supportive skills, DPP added...

Dekan && Giant are not yet redesigned

As of temps and their blunt mastery drama :glare:

Code:
Blunt Mastery

Level 1 : 20% boost in One handed mace damage.   Lasts 18 mins.
    Level 2 : 30% boost in One handed mace damage.   Lasts 21 mins.
    Level 3 : 40% boost in One handed mace damage.   Lasts 24 mins.
    Level 4 : 50% boost in One handed mace damage.   Lasts 27 mins.
    Level 5 : 60% boost in One handed mace damage.   Lasts 30 mins.
    Level 6 : 70% boost in One handed mace damage.   Lasts 30 mins.
    Level 7 : 90% boost in One handed mace damage.   Lasts 30 mins.

You will receive bonus damage according to your Magic Attack and Intelligence.

-> Attack Speed boost removed.
-> Modifier ( -> * ( int / 1000 ) ) removed.

Marea's Hammer - Active

Level 1 : Each regular attack adds a stack which grants 1% attackspeed.
    Level 2 : Each regular attack adds a stack which grants 2% attackspeed.
    Level 3 : Each regular attack adds a stack which grants 3% attackspeed.
    Level 4 : Each regular attack adds a stack which grants 4% attackspeed.
    Level 5 : Each regular attack adds a stack which grants 5% attackspeed.
    Level 6 : Each regular attack adds a stack which grants 7% attackspeed.
    Level 7 : Each regular attack adds a stack which grants 9% attackspeed.

Lasts 10 seconds.
    30 stacks maximum.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You and I think alike on this "balance" subject. I always thought of templars as front line support. Defensive skills for themselves, healing skills and utility dps. It's clear as daylight from the blunt mastery equation.

But then as time goes on players look for more excuses to justify being OP. There can be no justification for something to be OP so you fix those "excuses" first then combat your OP disease.

We were making pretty good progress at Dark-Gamerz with balancing. Scouts were really fun PvE farmers and the self-entitled tempfags used to rage at me non-stop. I used to shower in their waterfall of tears :D

Edit: The problem with blunt mastery is the triple dip. First their magic attack goes through magic % multipliers, then it's multiplied by 1:1000 ratio with their int, then that amount gets multiplied by melee % multipliers. I mean seriously wtf?

"Pro" players and their insistence on tempfaggery pisses me off more than anything. Used to have some great slanging matches with Ajroma when I forced Beze/Ruler owners into choosing a single attack type instead of all attack heh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Indeed +1

Yurn just seen your blunt mastery thing. Seems a little drastic. All that you really need to do (because you'll be controlling stats on accessories much better than YNK) is to stop the blunt dump from being processed by melee attack %. They can have their magic attack %, they can have their int multiplier but that is it. At that point the converted amount is stuck at that and won't be processed any further.

That also has the added effect of meaning temps should use magic attack maces so the poor defenders don't have to pay inflated prices for parts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah that entire temp's blunt buff magic attack -> melee attack conversion is a great big, wiggly can of worms. It's not so easy keeping converted melee (from mag attack) out of the picture when using melee multipliers. The only solution I can see for that is limiting melee from weapons to 1x% and giving high str stats instead.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Infact, Im keeping it simple in terms of equations. Removing the int multiplier effectivly kicks out the bad part which messes up the whole thing. It aswell has a nice site effect. Before you hit 1000 int, your melee attack would have been reduced. Thats aswell why low level templar simply suck, there magic is "reduced". Kicking the multiplier out will increase the damage of temps untill they hit 1000 int, so at about level 70-80 while drastically reducing their final melee at max level. For iRohan it'll be about 4x less, since 4k int is not a big deal, while at our environment 2k will be much. Kind of the old days. This pushes templars damage to a more constant output and puts them in the low-mid supportive damage range. Additionally, they got a burst skill, in times of a hassle. (Mareas Hammer)

Just a bit of hero skill examples without telling to much secrets.

Code:
Illusive Mind - Hero

Level 1 : Grants your party members a 10% chance to block up to 1 negative effect.
    Level 2 : Grants your party members a 20% chance to block up to 1 negative effect.
    Level 3 : Grants your party members a 20% chance to block up to 2 negative effects.
    Level 4 : Grants your party members a 30% chance to block up to 2 negative effects.
    Level 5 : Grants your party members a 40% chance to block up to 3 negative effects.
    Level 6 : Grants your party members a 50% chance to block up to 3 negative effects.
    Level 7 : Grants your party members a 60% chance to block up to 4 negative effects.

Lasts 8 seconds.

Flaring Power - Hero

Level 1 : Increases your and your party members attack by 10% of your intelligence.
    Level 2 : Increases your and your party members attack by 20% of your intelligence.
    Level 3 : Increases your and your party members attack by 30% of your intelligence.
    Level 4 : Increases your and your party members attack by 40% of your intelligence.
    Level 5 : Increases your and your party members attack by 50% of your intelligence.
    Level 6 : Increases your and your party members attack by 60% of your intelligence.
    Level 7 : Increases your and your party members attack by 70% of your intelligence.

Lasts 13 seconds.

Group Intelligence Blow - Hero

Level 1 : Increases your party members intelligence by 2%.  Lasts 6 minutes.
    Level 2 : Increases your party members intelligence by 4%.  Lasts 12 minutes.
    Level 3 : Increases your party members intelligence by 6%.  Lasts 18 minutes.
    Level 4 : Increases your party members intelligence by 8%.  Lasts 24 minutes.
    Level 5 : Increases your party members intelligence by 10%.  Lasts 30 minutes.
    Level 6 : Increases your party members intelligence by 12%.  Lasts 60 minutes.
    Level 7 : Increases your party members intelligence by 15%.  Lasts 90 minutes.

Holy Shield - Hero

Level 1 : Adds a shield to you and your party members, absorbing 100% of your intelligence as damage.
    Level 2 : Adds a shield to you and your party members, absorbing 150% of your intelligence as damage.
    Level 3 : Adds a shield to you and your party members, absorbing 200% of your intelligence as damage.
    Level 4 : Adds a shield to you and your party members, absorbing 250% of your intelligence as damage.
    Level 5 : Adds a shield to you and your party members, absorbing 300% of your intelligence as damage.
    Level 6 : Adds a shield to you and your party members, absorbing 400% of your intelligence as damage.
    Level 7 : Adds a shield to you and your party members, absorbing 500% of your intelligence as damage.

Lasts 7 seconds.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nobody seems to even think about something as simple as making templars melee inflated instead of sticking with the pure melee.

I was fast reading the latest replies and somebody said something about % based stats for base attributes.
Adding them to the game would be difficult, but changing overlooked attributes such as accuracy and evasion into % based options for base stats shouldn't be a problem.

Well, the problem is that you'll need 6 unused attributes, which are kinda hard to find.
As for display purposes, all you'll need to do is edit the bins and change the attribute name to something else : Accuracy to % Strength.
The game would display % Strength : +5. It's more of a compromise, but i'm sure i can live with it if it would bring us gear diversity.

There might be an issue with the client computing the stats clientside, but if i remember correctly the base stats are calculated on the server and sent back to the client.

----

Crafting doesn't need to be removed, it needs to be revamped. Gathering is the one that needs to be removed. Ingredients would drop from mobs and the rare ingredients would drop from bosses.
No OP items, just a tiny bit better than the items available for forging.

-----

Almost forgot, fishies FFS can be edited so it's affected by DD and pdef. That would kill the skill though. You know, the best way to nerf it is to get the cooldown to something like 60 seconds, so it's used as finisher as it should be ...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now we really are all here lol. Hunin know anyone else who can come to the party? I've seen Todd (Rabbi) floating around :)

On the subject of the pure > inflated debate, that's essentially just a straight up reduction of the blunt dump by 75% which means only the most fiercely geared and buffed temps will be able to do any meaningful damage. Changing the int coefficient from 10 to 40 would have pretty much the same effect.

At the end of the day it's not any kind of problem that we all have different opinions on how to solve the balance problems. What is great is that we all acknowledge that the same problems exist.

I've yet to fully assess how my + stat system will affect templars across the board. As of now all I've done is adjust the int coefficient so that a new templar will hit the same in PvE as a "classic" max geared temp, just like I've done with other classes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've mentioned this thread to Dom (Dekon).

LOL I have to get back to work on my 'what if' tools for testing out stats/attribs without hacking into database records.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Go go go. I need to get back to watching numbers fly across the screen repeatedly, then writing numbers down, then changing numbers, then...

Oh the World Cup has started. That'll do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well for my purposes a normal stacking like with other classes simply does the job for templars, reducing damage to low-mid supportive and letting other classes do the damage. No more uncontrollable powercurve throught a fucked up modifier. ;)

Oh and 3:1 Brasil

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now we really are all here lol. Hunin know anyone else who can come to the party? I've seen Todd (Rabbi) floating around :)

On the subject of the pure > inflated debate, that's essentially just a straight up reduction of the blunt dump by 75% which means only the most fiercely geared and buffed temps will be able to do any meaningful damage. Changing the int coefficient from 10 to 40 would have pretty much the same effect.

Yeah, but they'll still be able to brag about their double negative melee

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really don't see Brazil winning the WC. Croatia are a good team and the manager for their qualifiers was a massive player for my town's football club. Igor Stimac ftw.

I see what you're doing with your stacking and well done with the hero skill set (still working with Aries and Semi?). It all depends if your Unity engine provides fluid gameplay to allow stacks to work properly. Liking the party emphasis as well.

Upvote 0
Back