Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I finaly got the new Machine head :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I finally got it after waiting a while to listen to it and ... they got better again hehe.
I can't believe how Robert Flynn is just getting so much better you can feel that they got the influences from ideas that they had in there last album Throught The Ashes Of Empires except that they bettered it.
So much more technique you really wonder how does robert play guitar and sing in the same time.

Anyways there new album was really cool in my opinion.

What do you guys think about it?

My favorite song is Halo. What is yours?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
don't have it yet :( and i really like machine head. gonna edit this psot after i hear the album :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's okay. I don't agree with you on the fact that they've gotten better though. I think their old stuff is the best. But, that's just my opinion.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the new machine head album is amazing and pure genius on 2 levels
1st level - They have shown they can take any riff from a band and just rip the poop out of it
2nd level - They know how to bring out an album that can just say "we dont care"

The new machine head album does not have influences from there last album it has influences, from iron maiden, slayer, pantera, judas priest. I could go on, but they took nere enough every idea and just changed it, listen closly.

Also if you listen closely to the lyrical conten in aesthtics of hate - it is clearly about dimebag darrel. A book was writen called aesthetics of hate, and it was all about some bloke saying dimebag was poop, blar blar, the lyrics in the song are basically telling that write to duck off.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the new machine head album is amazing and pure genius on 2 levels
1st level - They have shown they can take any riff from a band and just rip the poop out of it
2nd level - They know how to bring out an album that can just say "we dont care"

The new machine head album does not have influences from there last album it has influences, from iron maiden, slayer, pantera, judas priest. I could go on, but they took nere enough every idea and just changed it, listen closly.

Also if you listen closely to the lyrical conten in aesthtics of hate - it is clearly about dimebag darrel. A book was writen called aesthetics of hate, and it was all about some bloke saying dimebag was poop, blar blar, the lyrics in the song are basically telling that write to duck off.
Just because the lyrics are telling the writer to duck off doesn't make it genius.

And also, both of your levels of genius describe just about every underground metal's levels of genius. And the influences are always going to be the 4 greats of Thrash (Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, and Pantera) along with Priest and Maiden. That's just the way metal bands style their music, except for Black/Death Metal.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just because the lyrics are telling the writer to duck off doesn't make it genius.

And also, both of your levels of genius describe just about every underground metal's levels of genius. And the influences are always going to be the 4 greats of Thrash (Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, and Pantera) along with Priest and Maiden. That's just the way metal bands style their music, except for Black/Death Metal.

indeed you are correct, but the way i was trying to explain it, was they have taken every catchy and amazing riff from bands such as those and put it into there songs. They have basically sat there and wrote there whole album based on the last 50 years of music

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
indeed you are correct, but the way i was trying to explain it, was they have taken every catchy and amazing riff from bands such as those and put it into there songs. They have basically sat there and wrote there whole album based on the last 50 years of music

Once again. What band doesn't do that? I mean, ffs everyone takes riffs from influential groups such as Maiden and Priest. It's the way they put the music together and exploit their own style that makes them truly great. And IMHO I don't think Machine Head did it with this CD. I like their older stuff better.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I wont be arguing I like it xD
Well the bands that don't copy other groups are often the ones that make it out. Because we are all looking for new.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
but what do you define as new, nothing can ever be new, its just re-invented :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well in the 60 metal didn't exist.
That is new. When the punk movement came out after all the old school bands then the heavy metal movement came after and that is what started now days metal but there are forms that are starting to change. But I can admit that we are having a hard time to get out of metal ^^

Back