• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

iPanel - Advanced Retro Management (PHP 7, Laravel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
FteaP8s - iPanel - Advanced Retro Management (PHP 7, Laravel) - RaGEZONE Forums

Quick Description

iPanel was originally built to handle the many functions required by the staff members of Peace Hotel, however, this project is now going to be developed for all to use. It will feature many things not yet seen in current day administration panels such as permission based functions, multiple database handling and multiple layer authentication.

Permission System

Permissions are required to do any function within the administration panel, while the entire configuration area for it relies around the access token view_dev_config other commonly accessed functions require a token per function. An example is when you go to view the users table - you're required to have the view_users permission and when you go to edit an user account you'll need edit_users/b]

Screenshots

Open spoiler to see view screenshots URL links:

Features & Changelogs

Our current features:
  • Feature 1
  • Feature 2
  • Feature 3

Our current changelog:
Changelogs from 03-07-2016:
  • New thread format!

GitHub

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This looks really nice honestly, I like the simplistic design of the panel. Something like this could definitely ease managing a retro, wouldn't mind if this actually got released.

Reaction score
Make all the texts come from a database, easy to translate and stuff.
Multiple languages will not be supported, due to the fact it'll add a lot of data for no apparent reason for the most part and would be hard to keep. ie, permissions would need to be translated, page data, and so on while this could be easy to add it'll add too much to feature creation on my end :p

Multiple databases is supported, and the way it works is by switching the folder the ORM models and views load from, clean and simple

Reactions: pel
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice to see that you're using Laravel. Keep it up!
btw. use
Code:
-tag instead of [PHP]

Reactions: pel
Reaction score
Updates:

-News management is 100% done
-Cerberus user password resetting is done, suspending is done, and additionally a god mode so user(s) cannot be suspended by other was added.
Extra information
-Password reset will generate a random password (Uses bcrypt for this) for login, was going to use an email system to send it out but doubt users would have a valid smtp available so it just returns it so you'll have to manually give the password to said staff member via some means of communication)
-Upon password reset initial login it'll force you to change your password and log you out for re-authentication
-Suspension is middleware that checks before every request, good luck dodging it

Possible features
A system to "authorize" commits to the live database. Aka, a moderator will "request" to push changes to a news article and or user and will need to be "approved" by a superior staff member. This would be an extremely secure way to handle management, but also slow in some means. So if added, it will be optional to enable or disable as well as with a follow up permission token so an user could skip this check all together

Reaction score
Could you reformat the thread? If you click on the last edited date you can view the history.

Also what about Arcturus support :)?
I gave up on the initial thread format, I tried to reformat it and it wouldn't let me lol

That will be added in if I see enough live usage of it, so if you know of any hotels running it link me up so I can confirm :p

Reaction score
Updates:
You can now edit user badges, either by purging them or deleting a badge manually

You can also edit user inventory, however only purging and manually deleting will be supported (No adding to inventory)

A user changelog will also be added to preview what staff do to users

Staff forums will be added via the admin panel for easy discussion

Merged current build and added live feature list to readme

Last edited:
Reaction score
Someone is mad over here.
Not mad at all, just senseless to keep a development open for shits and giggles when I can sell it privately

Ever seen me release most of my Node.js work? Nicht, I released the first test project I had with it and nothing afterwards. Money is power

All jokes aside, official change log for those who follow this project :D

-Middleware is now being used for permission checking
-Beginning of multiple service management is being added
-Plus Emulator support is 80% complete

Unsure of what CMS everyone will choose to use, and each having their own hashing method. I will of course follow up iPanel with a CMS adjusted to work with it's database, but multiple hashing methods will be supported for user password resets
(BCRYPT, MD5, SHA1)

As for services, my plan is at this moment to store connection information within a databse table, this way you can add or remove as seen fit via Cerberus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back