• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Private Just starting to wonder...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was just wondering what would be the next (top) Habbo Retro CMS?

Of course theres loads, but what has the Speed, Security, Features and active developers the most?

IMO: UberCMS 3 is going to be out something?

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
I've used nova developed by Leon, ever since he released it. You should consider using nova, security wise imo.

G'nome sayin'
Reaction score
IlluminaCMS is meant to be UberCMS 3.

IlluminaCMS is really nothing special and I don't think it has any feature.

Most of the developers are scared and those who don't care never finish.

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nova got to be the best CMS out there so far.

Reaction score
CMS is a Content Management System, examples of,
Joomla
Wordpress
Drupal
etc.

The core function and use of content management systems is to present information on websites.
All Habbo CMSes can be put in just 1 php file. This is not cms.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would look into creating one but I doubt anybody would be interested.

Reaction score
None of the CMS' to this day released on here care about either security or speed. I've never seen a CMS released on here that uses proper techniques to get the most out of PHP (performance wise). Many people still write their CMS' without any proper caching of static values. Or values which should not change a lot. People do not seem to realise that querying 8 times on every page load is Ducking slow. Especially on things which can be cached locally. For example UberCMS, RevCMS and IlluminaCMS a database connection is opened on every page load and a query is made for something. During this time, PHP must open a connection to the MySQL server, MySQL must process the query and respond with the data. Which in computing is not very fast. This is done for every page load, as where if you stored the data in MySQL, then cached it in RAM then that will take a huge load off the I/O, making your script faster because with MySQL that also has an overhead; seeking the data from the HDD, which unless you have a HDD is inherently slow unless you have an SSD but even if you do access to RAM is faster. Scripts are also wrote poorly. And many developers have the idea that if they write everything in OOP everything suddenly becomes faster.

As for security there isn't much nice to say either. None of the popular and most used CMS' use prepared queries and have a piss poor attempt at PDO. People rely on deprecated functions and drivers such as mysql_real_escape_string. Which can be bypassed in certain situations. The CMS' released are certainly not on par with their server counterparts. The servers are coded much better than the CMS' in this section which is very ironic considering PHP is one of the easiest, if not the easiest programming language there is.

It comes down to the fact that no one really cares about security or speed in this community. Retros will never be legal and will never be a "stable" thing people can rely on. They're dependant on Habbo which is becoming a failing business in itself, and without habbo there would be no retros. So I guess hotel owners think "why bother, this is not my future" or something along those lines.

If you want my honesty don't sit around and hold your breath. The CMS' released here will always for the most part suck. If you want a nice CMS that is fast and secure learn: Computer security, good programming practices and PHP. It's fun, educational and free. You can make your CMS to your liking and make your hotel stand out more.

Apologies for rambling, I just thought I would share my thoughts on your subject.

Reaction score
I just think that there hasn't been any progress as far CMS' go in some time now.
RevCMS is almost 2 years old now ( I think? ) and if I were to make a hotel I'd use it ( If I couldn't create one my own ). Everything that has been released since RevCMS 1.0 is basically an edit of it, poop like Illumina or failed attempts at MVC ( Example: Nova, RaGEWEB, etc ).

It's pretty sad.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just think that there hasn't been any progress as far CMS' go in some time now.
RevCMS is almost 2 years old now ( I think? ) and if I were to make a hotel I'd use it ( If I couldn't create one my own ). Everything that has been released since RevCMS 1.0 is basically an edit of it, poop like Illumina or failed attempts at MVC ( Example: Nova, RaGEWEB, etc ).

It's pretty sad.

At the end of the day it's just Habbo. The users who play the retro don't care if it's MVC or not, but speed is really important (when it comes to MySQL). :p:

Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day it's just Habbo. The users who play the retro don't care if it's MVC or not, but speed is really important (when it comes to MySQL). :p:

Sierra is very good. Someone will finish it up, of course their touch ups won't be quality work like yours, but it is still probably the best CMS/Emu in terms of the 3 S's (Speed, Security and Stability). You spent months working on that project, perfecting every single line of code, you deserve a lot more props for that even if it isn't finished.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Being primarily a web dev for the past year or so as my part-time job, i don't understand why people don't make use of frameworks such as Laravel 4 or CakePHP. People seem to care more about writing MySQL classes and MVC frameworks -- if anything that's the most boring parts. Functionality is the fun part!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I personally am using SierraCMS (which quackster made a special edition of nova) :p

It is pretty fast and quite secure.

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I personally am using SierraCMS (which quackster made a special edition of nova) :p

It is pretty fast and quite secure.

There's no such thing as "SierraCMS" its NovaCMS with queries for Sierra. Changing the queries doesn't make it a new CMS.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fine.. an edition of NovaCMS happy? but i'll still call it SierraCMS :p

Back