• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

L2O just wondering

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if somone had *C2 ENGLISH server files*.. how would that person go about releasing those files without being at risk of getting into trouble with NCsoft :thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
torrent? xdcc? but if anyone did.. feel free to email them to me! lol :)

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
scrapy to be honest I dont see any risk different from releasing c1. If you had something like hardly anyone had youd probably want to be one of the only ones for a while. Thats all. NC Soft cant do anything about someone releasing it onto irc or a torrent network.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
DamienStone said:
scrapy to be honest I dont see any risk different from releasing c1. If you had something like hardly anyone had youd probably want to be one of the only ones for a while. Thats all. NC Soft cant do anything about someone releasing it onto irc or a torrent network.

federal prosecution and possible 10+ year sentences for distribution of a stolen, licensed piece of software seems kinda risky to me - especially considering distribution doesn't benefit the leaker in any way, and all the risk is on them for the initial distribution penalties.

just my opinion, based on US law.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
youaremybitch said:
federal prosecution and possible 10+ year sentences for distribution of a stolen, licensed piece of software seems kinda risky to me - especially considering distribution doesn't benefit the leaker in any way, and all the risk is on them for the initial distribution penalties.

just my opinion, based on US law.

that scares the crap outa me to be honest, i remember about 2 years ago i was sending a pc game (gta3) to somone over a irc server.. and i got a warning from my isp stating that i was in violation of copy rights or something, was a long time ago to remember exactly how it went. but on that letter they had the date and time + filename and size.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
put them on g-mail account and make some of your friend share those files

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
or send it trough msn (those jerks never would never realize it (i have send alot illegal files and no warning SUPO (finnish FBI) are full of jerks ))

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yasmin said:
or send it trough msn (those jerks never would never realize it (i have send alot illegal files and no warning SUPO (finnish FBI) are full of jerks ))

Sending it to many people over MSN or almost any IM would be tedious...Plus MSN has crappy transfer speeds...Let alone the fact that if NCSoft found it, the method you used to send it wouldn't matter. Its the sheer fact that you DID send it.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wait for someone to get "ballsy" or bold enough to somehow anonymously release them ? Thats the step after having someone inside the company get them out, at any rate.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think sharing those big files is only possible by filesharingprograms

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have spoken with somone, and something has been worked out. better go and download your c2 clients within the next week :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
scrappy said:
i have spoken with somone, and something has been worked out. better go and download your c2 clients within the next week.

No way... thats friggen sweet if thats true. Any clues as to how or where to get it when its released?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only thing i would worry about is WHO the server files originally came from. they could have added in some stuff to identify the person who distributes it.. like barcodes on icons :) . But if it was taken without anyone knowing it should be ok. NCSoft isnt protected by the DCAA. So you WILL NOT get any letter from your isp if you share it. The only way you could get in trouble is if you post it to Usenet through your isp's service. or if you HOST the torrent. you will not get caught if you send it to someone. you wont get caught if you post it to someones ftp. just dont let thousands of people download it from your machine and your fine.

Upvote 0
Back