Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Localhost Workshop

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Hendi48

Would greatly appreciate a v53 client when you have time. v48 one works fantastically.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Who knows you could provide us with a v53 localhost for GMS? Hendi48
Hendi48

Would greatly appreciate a v53 client when you have time. v48 one works fantastically.

v53 added.

That 4GB thing, the "GFX issues": Are you talking about that annoying problem where if you enter too many maps in a server (v83 for example), and you begin to see things disappear, ending with a crash? Would be nice to have a 4GB v83 version of that. I'm assuming it's 4GB due to something relating to it being a 32-bit program.

v83.1 4GB added. Things disappear because the client runs out of virtual address space since all the WZ files are mapped into memory. It causes allocations to fail, and you crash if it tried to allocate something important that it can't go on without. By default a 32-bit application has access to 2GB unless you set it to be "large-address aware".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've investigated this issue and was able to reproduce it with your container. It's not an issue with Wine or the 4GB client. I ran the server on WSL2 and the client natively on Windows 10. The disconnect happens because the client fails a packet verification check, meaning it received bogus data from the server. This can happen because of lacking synchronization when the server is encrypting packets concurrently. A fix that seemed to work for me in your source is to move the getPacketHeader call into the synchronized block in MaplePacketEncoder.java. Said function accesses the IV, which must always be guarded for concurrent access.

Now the interesting question is, why does the issue not occur with the existing v62 localhost? Well, that's because someone went and patched the check in the client to skip invalid packets and go to the next one. Patch the client in order to compensate for crappy servers. Can't make this poop up lol.

Wow. No wonder thepack and I got disconnected. I'm using an older version of the same server he's using https://forum.ragezone.com/f428/source-setup-maplestory-v62-v55-556322/

You've done some amazing work here, providing pristine clients to all of us.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those versions have VMProtect unfortunately. I don't know when exactly EMS started using it, but I checked v101 and it also has it.

It was already requested above. I'll do it when I run out of other versions.

TMS v72 done. I only tested it up to character selection, but should be fine ingame as well. I patched the code page jmp, so if anyone runs this client with the wrong code page and sees weird symbols at places, that's their own fault :p: . I also took the liberty to patch out an annoying EULA (?) thing that popped up on the title screen every single time.

I tested TMS v72 today decode setField encountered the problem that the mask of Character Data::Decode does not hold then got error code 5

oops is my issue sorry

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sdbgxcxcbxcb

Last edited:

DSG

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
request video of unpacking GMS v111

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@Hendi48

Could we get GMS v1.12 done? Kinda interested to see it done, since I want to play original Jett class sometimes. Thanks if so!

v1.11 Setup:
v1.12 Patcher:

Also, thanks again for going above and beyond on creating all these localhosts for the community.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think i'm missing something cuz i can't make it to work in my win7-64bits. i downloaded the 83.1 4GB exe but whenever i open it on my folder i got an error saying a dll is missing named combase.dll

Dunno what im missing or maybe it wont open on win7?

edit: also tried the another v83 one and same error pop up.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Hendi48

Could we get GMS v1.12 done? Kinda interested to see it done, since I want to play original Jett class sometimes. Thanks if so!

v1.11 Setup:
v1.12 Patcher:

Also, thanks again for going above and beyond on creating all these localhosts for the community.
they specifically wrote in the op that they cannot create a cleaned up client for versions above v111 as that's when nexon upgraded from themida 2.x to a different kind of a packer (vmprotect, then somewhere 30 versions later to themida 3.x) and they don't have a "perfect devirtualizer" for either.

although nowadays with VTIL and the vm architecture of vmprotect (although x64 being heavily documented, and absolutely destroyed), most of the information can be used for x86 apps

(VTIL, x64)
(emulation, supports x86)

i still wouldn't expect OP to do that. it'd be a very big project and might require a lot of per-binary tinkering especially for anything with the newer versions of themda

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hendi48 You could provide a localhost v19 from the BMS, I imagine the downjump is functional in this version.
BMS v19 added.

I think i'm missing something cuz i can't make it to work in my win7-64bits. i downloaded the 83.1 4GB exe but whenever i open it on my folder i got an error saying a dll is missing named combase.dll

Dunno what im missing or maybe it wont open on win7?

edit: also tried the another v83 one and same error pop up.
My bad, my unpacker had a bug at the time and I forgot to fix it manually for v83. I've replaced the v83 clients with fixed binaries that don't depend on combase.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hendi48 Thanks for the god work!

I always want to make a VMS server and i request you to make this localhost. This is the only client i get, this VMS is around 2008 and doesn't have Pirate Job, only 4th job available.

Here is the full file setup:

Thank You,

VMS v23 added. This is a rather weird specimen, the only client so far that was packed with Armadillo. It's from October 2008, but its feature level is comparable with GMS from mid-2007, around v4x (it does seem to have 4th job though, at least in WZ?).

* Version is 23, locale 7
* There's no short/string after the version in the initialization/"hello" packet
* Opcodes are 1 byte, not 2
* There's a gateway selection for North/South - I changed it so both use a single IP, 127.0.0.1 by default

Hi Hendi48

hi i'd like TMS 0.90 can you make it again?

setup:

Yes it was requested already, it's next in line.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@Hendi48

Could we get EMS v1.17, since that was the last EMS client before they merged with GMS?

They switched to XignCode and removed Hackshield in v115 btw.

Back