Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Login Server Connect Fail on GS with Router

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So i did everything that i can find in the forums, but didnt work!
I will show you some pictures that shows my work so far.
ipv4 - Login Server Connect Fail on GS with Router - RaGEZONE Forums
adress reservatio - Login Server Connect Fail on GS with Router - RaGEZONE Forums
port forward - Login Server Connect Fail on GS with Router - RaGEZONE Forums
host3 - Login Server Connect Fail on GS with Router - RaGEZONE Forums
no-i - Login Server Connect Fail on GS with Router - RaGEZONE Forums

My IP configuration so far:
D:\MuServer\Data\commonserver.cfg - WAN IP -192.168.0.225 or 127.0.0.1 (tried both..)
D:\MuServer\Data\IpList.dat - REAL IP - 77.71.***.***
D:\MuServer\Data\Lang\kor\commonloc.cfg - WAN IP -192.168.0.225 or 127.0.0.1 (tried both..)
D:\MuServer\CS - ServerInfo,ServerList - REAL IP 77.71.***.*** both files.

D:\MuServer\Data\Startup.ini :
v3v=JoinServer - WAN IP -192.168.0.225 or 127.0.0.1 (tried both..)

v7v=127.0.0.1 55970 127.0.0.1 55960 55901

ipadd=127.0.0.1 - WAN IP -192.168.0.225 or 127.0.0.1 (tried both..)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
1. u dont need loopback adapter or update ur hosts, i dont know why ppl do that before... it was weird.
2. just use ur NO-IP u did with duc and dont put mu-nobo.sytes.net put mu.nobo.sytes.net no specials characters will be read in ip in mapserverinfo.dat or other configs

3. in files everywhere put 127.0.0.1 except, mapserverinfo.dat and serverlist.dat
everywhere all other config = 127.0.0.1 ONLY.

4. why use DUC if you open ports and can use real wan ip? if u gonna use wan ip, make sure u follow this port tutorial

and for joinserver errors this

i see ur router ports opened correctly, but re-follow the portforward video tutorial better if u still have issues.
in your command prompt>ipconfig dont use ethernet virtual box, use default ethernet lan IP when open ports

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No such thing as mapserverinfo.dat in 97d+99i darksteam files.
I tried everything u said not working.
I reinstalled the sql as you do and now sql name is MYPC\SQLEXPRESS , now not only the server but also the website "couldnt connect to sql server" the website is DTweb 2.0 (r00tme v2.2).
I wonder if the problem is from my windows or something at this point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
nobo if u have no mapserveinfo in ur 97d99i then obviously u dont have to, except the rest configs i mentioned.
Well you are trying wrong, or doing the same thing, experimenting and troubleshooting in mu files is important not 'waiting for things' to be simple to be fixed, anyways this is my 97d99i tutorial with darksteam files, if it works on others it should work for you as well, so re-try this and report issues.

I never said you should reinstall the SQL, i dont know what means 'as you do' i have many tutorials videos that i installed sql and they almost all work the same way. PS: DTweb 2.0 throw it in the trash, using old stuff wont help you even if you like them, then u must learn ur self how to fix things, cuz why use old outdated stuff? use web engine, i have tutorials on youtube, showing u every step i take, if u have VPS SERVER Hosting then why it shouldnt work?

and what problem on ur windows, why u think so? what windows u have? if all apps of mu running, compatible etc, then thats nothing related to windows, its about how you do things,,

ODBC setup
sql setup
ports open/forwarding (if on vps or on your own pc home) its not the same.

this is the video of my 97d99i darksteam tutorial, i have no idea what u have, vps wise, webhost wise etc, so if u want in depth help define what u using exactly so we can think of solutions, mu server making is not magic and compatible for all windows, its a messy old butt game with buggy/incompatible programs that are re-made/re-coded by the community mostly and in a few words 's.... happens' all the time cuz everyone's different pc/windows/setup/files/configs/sql/ and all that.

so keep troubleshootingg and experimenting, maybe try a newer season to see if its files issue to you or its windows issue, cus if u can setup other season then u must be able to setup 97d99i, it only makes sense that way.

for some it tooks months to make a server (me) season 2, in 2008 all cuz of portforwarding which took me 2 months to undeerstand just to run a server that i can connect, now in 2023 it should be clear and easy to understand and fix such issues.

so be more informative of what u use,host wise, vps, no-ip or directly ur wan ip and all that or else its just a conversation me explaining things to a wall, u must decide where and how u are setting up a server, not just show us a image of rooouter how you opened ports... run the server and go to portchecker.co and put 44405, does it say success? if so, same for 55901? thats the 2 ports u need for 97d, if YES then u know its not port issue but misconfigartion, bad edit in client for ip or launcher, if ports say failed then u know its port issue, and u either fix it or run the server only locally for you with your lan IP, or get vps and save 95% of all ur time with this whole complications, u have to focus and learn it once and then u can apply that knowledge with any other files.

peace

Upvote 0
Reaction score
So i did everything that i can find in the forums, but didnt work!
I will show you some pictures that shows my work so far.
View attachment 237005View attachment 237006View attachment 237007View attachment 237010View attachment 237011
My IP configuration so far:
D:\MuServer\Data\commonserver.cfg - WAN IP -192.168.0.225 or 127.0.0.1 (tried both..)
D:\MuServer\Data\IpList.dat - REAL IP - 77.71.***.***
D:\MuServer\Data\Lang\kor\commonloc.cfg - WAN IP -192.168.0.225 or 127.0.0.1 (tried both..)
D:\MuServer\CS - ServerInfo,ServerList - REAL IP 77.71.***.*** both files.

D:\MuServer\Data\Startup.ini :
v3v=JoinServer - WAN IP -192.168.0.225 or 127.0.0.1 (tried both..)

v7v=127.0.0.1 55970 127.0.0.1 55960 55901

ipadd=127.0.0.1 - WAN IP -192.168.0.225 or 127.0.0.1 (tried both..)

D:\MuServer\Data\commonserver.cfg - don't change anything in this one (leave it 127.0.0.1) otherwise your GameServer won't know on what IPs your server applications are running.

Upvote 0
Back