• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Luascript run help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I'm wondering if there's a way to initiate server luascripts using chat or macros, without having GM rights.
I know that any script can be run using "/gm ? runplot/pcall", but is there a way to run such scripts without GM?

I've tried to find in the source code of the client/server the parameters responsible for launching such scripts from GM and got utterly confused. My C++ knowledge at this point leaves much to be desired. I ask for your help.

So what I want to implement is the launching of a script for a "Convenient Mailbox" (OpenMailBoxByItem("CHECK")) or auction (OpenAC()) without using an item, but with a command in the chat such as: "/s ? mail" or a macro.

I would be grateful for any help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know if I understood your question correctly, but I know a macro so that you can open the bank, mailbox and auction house without GM rights.

/run TimeFlagFrame:Show()

1689754111385 - Luascript run help - RaGEZONE Forums

then it should look like this :D

All you have to do is pay the rent with diamonds so you can open it..

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know if I understood your question correctly, but I know a macro so that you can open the bank, mailbox and auction house without GM rights.
Thank you for your response, but that's not quite what I wanted to implement.I'm interested in launching any scripts (not just mail/auction), without GM rights, using simple commands(for my custom scripts), for example:
/s ? mail
/s ? auc
I understand that this might be unsecure, but protection can be implemented in the Lua scripts themselves

I've found a part of the code that handles the execution of GM commands in the chat, but I can't figure out how to implement the running of luascripts without GM rights.
1689783445770 - Luascript run help - RaGEZONE Forums

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Not sure

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you mean open the interface for them ?

Code:
/run AuctionFrame:Show()
/run AuctionFrame:Hide()
/run MailFrame:Show()
/run MailFrame:Hide()

Anything with-in the games UI can be made visible or hidden this way, you just need to find the frame name.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do you mean open the interface for them ?

Code:
/run AuctionFrame:Show()
/run AuctionFrame:Hide()
/run MailFrame:Show()
/run MailFrame:Hide()

Anything with-in the games UI can be made visible or hidden this way, you just need to find the frame name.
Thank you for your response. However, it's not what I need. When using your method, the UI does open, but it doesn't work because there is no server request being made.

I want to implement the execution of any server script (located in the luascript folder) using commands in the chat. For example, it would be very interesting to implement a function that the guild/group leader could use to summon its members to their location, like ( /s ? inviteparty).

Currently, I can only execute these scripts if I have administrator privileges. Therefore, I want to find a way to execute them through chat commands for everyone(not all of them sure).

I understand that this requires some modification to the client/server source code

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
00010.lua

function Test_Shop_Open()
OpenShop()
end

/gm ? runplot Test_Shop_Open

This opens the bank and works. If your aim is to run this for the player without a GM, this seems unlikely. If it is possible, I think this can be described as a vulnerability.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
you can open it but it does not work UNLESS you are a GM .....

Upvote 0
Back