Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Making servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not intending to do this, I'm just curious.

How does one go about getting all the files in order to set up a private server. Since a good deal of the time the server files are not freely available, and it is most likely illegal to make them available to download, how is it done?

Is it a matter of just looking at all the files and seeing where all the data is being sent, then trying to recreate
where the data goes using sql? Because I assume that this would be extremely boring and time consuming. There are a couple of games I would like to see private servers for, though one looks unlikely, and one looks pretty near impossible :/

Well, as far as I know there are 3 ways too obtain server files.
1.) Buy off someone in the company
2.) Hack them.
3.) rewrite them yourself. (probably the best way because it isn't illegal)

Yes. Re-writing is the best but it's a long and a tedious procedure.
I was making the Epi 4 files for A3 recently and making them all by myself right from the core and then all of a sudden this other server comes up with Epi 5 which they bought off some official in China..
That's the reason I didnt suggest the third method..!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back