Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MaNGOS ~Amber~ Releases 2.4.x Mangos 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE]MaNGOS ~Amber~ Releases 2.4.x

Options...
1. Use AmberGUI settings and set to the correct path
2. Edit Amber.ini with notepad or similar

We're havin the same prob here, its not extractin vmaps :(

thats wot we get if use the ExtractVmaps.bat
It doesnt work thru the gui either :(
if we use ExtAll.exe, it extracts dbc n maps but not vmaps

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ive just noticed an update o_O
dl'd, will install now

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

ExtAll.exe is running perfectly for me & is currently extracting vmaps...make sure your vmap_assembler is only 128Kb as this is the correct version for the core due to the vmaps G3D v7 patch thats been applied...its normally 136Kb

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nah , cant pass that stupid problem , mangosd.exe says that he cant find vmap dir , map dir , dbc dir and they are all there ( local disk c : \ MaNGOS \ Data \ TBC \ Vmaps;Maps;DBC )
If some1 knows how to solve that for sure , pls add me on MSN teroare23@hotmail.com
Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Installed, runnin ExtAll, will let ya kno its progress :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Updated 2 v5900.
ran ExtAll.exe it extracted dbc n maps, but not vmaps ??
Im runnin tbc2.4.1, it is a workin copy
When i run ExtractVmaps.bat, it says files to be extracted to the correct drive
working from directory is correct
then game path H:\WoW\Data is my dvd drive ???
could not open data directory for readin abortin :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

omfg... This is the most easy repack in the world and u guys cant setup a server.... have problems whit vmaps just change dir's. damm

Ps: tray play pokemons.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

u need 2 take a break mate lol

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

K so run AmberGUI & click Settings then go to Misc tab THEN select correct clientpath [ur now trapped in a loop that you can only exit by supplying the client folder as the code needs to see wow.exe before it will accept the folder selection] Then click settings again to hide the settings tabs so you can click on Tools tab - tick vmaps and hit button

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but I upgraded to 5900 last night, and I noticed that there are some items missing now. Only a couple I've seen so far, but a very high end trinket and ring are no longer in the database. Is this something to bring up here, or on the site for the UDB?

Other than that, great repack, very easy to use and configure. I love it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

That didnt work on the 1st attempt, then i realised i was runnin the latest extractors, but the previous version of the GUI, runnin the latest its workin wohoo!!!!
That seems to hav done the trick :D Thanx 4 ya efforts mate :D
I hav used 1 of ya servers b4, so i kno the error woz wid the user ie me lol
keep lucky!!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

5851-5862 replaces the Db by importing UDB rev350[5712] and then updates it to v5862 using the core sql's plus the jail patch sql so any items that have dissapeared are db corruption or core bugs. This is so the db is as close to the official release as possible.
All that said we need to contain the problems to this thread as you can expect little or no support at the official sites due to the fact its a repaq...

What items exactly? So it can be checked and fixed if its a repaq prob :winky:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The DB have another problem in the trainers, in stormwind herbalist, clothing and first aid dont have the learning proffection skill (only check in stormwind), only mining, enchanting blacksmiting are correct.

I dunno if u guys have the same problem..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

What items exactly? So it can be checked and fixed if its a repaq prob :winky:

One of the items is the Shifting Naaru Sliver, and the other was the Ring of Omnipotence. Both are drops from Sunwell, so not sure if that has something to do with it. They were there in 5851, but since getting to 5900, they went *poof*.

Not a major problem, obviously, just thought I'd mention it. :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

K everybody It would really help if you could tell me what version something worked or was present in the db if you have noticed a problem so the task is managable also v5862 contains full v350 db and this could be used as a reference for data present versus missing if it was imported to a db called ref with sqlyog/navicat. It is a fact that UDB is reworking the items to improve the transition from client updates.

Its always worth clearing ur client cache when switching between off n private servers so its syncronised as data stored here can cause various issues - obviously not the issue here as theyre not currently syncronised but still a poss if u left off @ 2.4.1 :winky:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I didn't try 5862 myself, I just did the upgrade to 5862, then ran the upgrade to 5900. As I mentioned, the two items I posted were in 5851, and not in 5900. Not sure about 5862, since I didn't actually log on that version one.

I also use a different WoW install for my private server, due to difference in patch level, so I shouldn't have an issue with cache. I hope. ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Trainers problem its in 5900 i dont try in other updates, and i clean cache folder everytime i change server vertion.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Im still gettin an error when i try n run the server
The Vmap extractor run for about hour n a half, it has 1976files 835meg in size, is that wot every1 has?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back