Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MAXimum customizations [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Fixed pikeman, YD did some mess on this class, but all good now and fits together! It was a nightmare... the horror! But I learned that I might be able to do realistic wings that will move when you breath, I totally need to test my theory some other day =P
So only archer to do and tempskrons are ready!

I got error; already fixed; but I would like to know what it does say, make no sense to me:
모델제거 오류 (Remove the model error?)
Everyone where blinking like in disco :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would guess it comes when reading the cached / compiled ASE. The interpreter thinks there is a problem with the file?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tempskron practically done.
Vormav - MAXimum customizations [WIP] - RaGEZONE Forums

Here is video of (in order):
★ Archer ★ Pikeman ★ Fighter ★ Mechanic ★

Pike need few fixes and fighter still missing last gloves (anyone willing to fix them, ).
I still need to fix few textures that look silly (mostly on archer) and that would be all for "core" of tempskron.

I might be AFC (Away From Computer ;)) for few days so for now enjoy video!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice... Do I hear Liquid Tension Experiment? ō.ô Should really be credited... but I know YT can become stropy.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No you don't :)
But YT can't recognize audio if you pitched it :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
3-year-old should be able to add it :)

Just few fixes in 6 client function and some few lines of text.
I will include all tools that I made and are needed.

I moved it to new clean client (making a guide for myself if I forget what I did ;)) and it took me 15 minutes.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Bruttaly cool =D

@Vormav: Check this crazy idea of mine :drool: (or someone maybe already had this idea xd) :
I wonder if its possible to add a 'self-ilumination' subtexture to the models, so specific parts of the texture (like the thorns coming out of the pike's shoulder pad, or the 'jewel' on the mech's shoulder pad) would shine accordingly to the lvl of aging/mix. Then some could really see what a character is 'made of' XD... I wonder if it would be viable =D...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It isn't, using the current 3D engine Fox. :(: I'd love to have Normal maps, but the only other texture layer (besides diffuse map) allowed is translucency map. (alpha) :wink:

No shine, (speculative) no glow, (emissive) no bump (normal) maps. :*:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My dream since I played Priston the first time more than 10 years :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually... I suspect speculative map would add the most visible oh and ahh for the least effort.

The "lighting" in PT is mostly pretty fake, and I suspect that emissive map would look more like a blue-screen hole in the render. XD (unless you apply blur effects after / around the edges)

Speculative could make metals "really" shiny, and give texture to silks and velvets in the costumes, and shiny slime on monsters.

I think it would be cool anyway.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I finish this project I will have a look on PT overlay age/mix, if its done on .bmp/.tga than there should not be a problem with aging armor parts however if its done on mesh only than I would need to detach parts of mesh and thats a lot of work. Maybe some tricks I have in mind will work but that will be different story :)

After this project I was thinking about visualisation of orbs for mage/prs, nothing special, just some crystal balls in hand with some nice visual effects that PT is providing but we will see.

Only priestess and mage need to be done but those 2 are a bit different from the rest so it might take bit longer.

Reaction score
When I finish this project I will have a look on PT overlay age/mix, if its done on .bmp/.tga than there should not be a problem with aging armor parts however if its done on mesh only than I would need to detach parts of mesh and thats a lot of work. Maybe some tricks I have in mind will work but that will be different story :)

The mix bitmap overlays are in the DropItem folder, they are named:
mixM_01.bmp, mixM_02.bmp, mixM_03.bmp, mixM_04.bmp, mixM_05.bmp
mixS_01.bmp, mixS_02.bmp, mixS_03.bmp, mixS_04.bmp, mixS_05.bmp

You can get some pretty funky effects going changing those images.

One funny bug, if a pike uses vanish, and his armour is mixed, you can change the mix image to a more vibrant one, and you can see the mix colour on him XD
*cough* being able to see vanished pikes in BC *cough*

I have never been able to find the age glow files though, I spent like 2 hours looking through every single bitmap and tga a year ago trying to find em. Even made a big flat weapon tosee if I could match a image to it, nothing, hes the reference I used, its +10 age glow.

I'd love to see glowing armours, get ready for a seizure!
GL.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LOL pike vanish colors XD
Age effect might have some control in .part/.ini or be coded to .exe

PS. I see stars in that flag, so I guess you are from Australia.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
@Sungam3d: I think the foreground color in the aging process is given on a plain 'rgb' process (i think that these colors are determined "in the code" or in values on some file...)..If you use "Quest Weapon Glow" in an item, it will glow just like the aging, but without the 'mixing' texture.. Maybe the aging system uses both "weapon glow" and the mix subtexture (i'm almost certain of it, at least visually)...

@Bobsobol: Mmm.. if its subtle it would be great :).. But.. i was thinking.. The mixing subtexture is like a self ilumination tex somehow (the mixing maps are rudimentary ilumination subtextures), if the mixing motion could be stopped, the maps matched and the opacity set to fade in and out, it would be much like a 'selective aging glow'.. Even though this may sound farfetched (and it really is), maybe "the secret of light maps" on priston resides on the mixing effect XD..

@Vormav: Smashing =D:thumbup1:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Isn't mix just overlay wave of colour onto existing texture? I could do that easier programmatically than with a texture file, so I doubt there is a "texture" for mixes.

Actually performing an "overlay" is not hard, and clearly PT does modify textures for certain models (mixed or aged versions of their original) before rendering to the scene... so you could have an "additive" overlay.

I still suspect that unless it's done as a "late" render, it will look like it's a permanent part of the flat diffuse map. ie. it won't look any different in game than if you had drawn it on the texture in Photoshop before you started playing.

This is where "shader model" comes into play. I think emissive maps are SM1.0 though, where normal maps are definitely an SM2.0 thing. (I think we could use Height maps before that, which aren't so effective, and I don't know that even they where available in SM1.0)

I'm pretty sure people where doing Specular maps before shader model standardisation. So I don't know if that's a DirectX specific thing or what.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You do not know how to get the parts of the armor ...
More started here for the minutes it took to help and to get just 3 '-'
Are in 3DS, MAX + texture
Highlander, Frenzy, Wyvern =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back