Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MEGA GUIDE] Rose Server Setup + Compiling + SQL & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i used the Osrose files before and they suck they crash every 30 minutes so if these files aren't improved i don't recommend anybody to use it, and the job quest work

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i used the Osrose files before and they suck they crash every 30 minutes so if these files aren't improved i don't recommend anybody to use it, and the job quest work

OSrose are the best files, and the only files I believe. Maybe you screwed up the last files..these are excellent. Anyways if you have a problem with them, take it up with them ^_^.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i see some changes in the server so maybe these are stable:)

Reaction score
I did test it, it works, you can do it, it's at:

For those noobs complaining about rapidshare.

Put the link in there, and then download it.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
-Element, I'll change the Web CMS to yours.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
heey Akai? you sayd this server was stable right? well it isn't got 10 players online to test it and it crashed. I don't know what you did to make it this way, but is sucked

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
by the way, i'm blingiej not inaproo he's a good friend so im using his account.

and you sayd everything was oke
thatmysql file isn't right you can't have a varchar tabel with a lengthe of 1000 or 3000 or do i use the wrong stuff

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't double post. Second they aren't my files, so don't tell me my files suck, because they're not mine ^^. I've had 30 people on the server, and it doesn't crash. Something on your end.

For your MySQL explain your error better, a "varchar" table with a lenght of a 1000..are you trying to make a table? The SQL is meant to stay the way it is I believe, you do not need to add any tables.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well the problem is, when is upload the SQL file is says error a varchar row can't be longer then 255. That why i've changed it to 255.

i think that could be the problem

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did you fix your problem, or not?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes i did, but i don't know if it will have any effect on the Wserver maybe that will make the server crash

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'm going to sleep see you in about 4 ours

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Akai, I'm having problems with Navicat MySQL. I'm completely new to this, but I'm following your steps completely. Right off the bat I get an error from the "localhost" connection I make saying it cannot connect.

This may be a stupid question, but please help me address the problem. Thanks much.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you need to leave the password section empty

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do leave it empty, still not able to connect at all. Says "cannot connect to MySQL on connection "localhost" ".

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
vincent_adreas, you need to install MySQL.

Link:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have it installed, I figured out the problem. For some reason it looked like the password was empty but I must have accidently hit tab or something.

I appreciate the help, if I have any other questions I'll be sure to ask. Thanks much =).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
try some random things and test it with "test connection" with this way you will find the right connection.

by the way: CTRL + ALT + del >> processes>> try to find something with MySQL.exe if there is 1 your mysql is on if you can't find it start or restart your MySQL program

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
got 4 people online and the server is still working, i putt all the files(even the uncompiled files) in the same map to make sure everything is there. hope it is as stable like you sayd:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back