Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MEGA GUIDE] Rose Server Setup + Compiling + SQL & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
And after 9 minutes it disconnected... again

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Akai the hero!!! havent tried yet... but went thru the guide, shows how much pains uve taken to write this :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just updated the topic with new Fullserver Files and a new DEV C++ 4.9 link. The old DEV C++ was 4.0, now I updated the client to 4.9

These new Fullserver files includes the ver 133 STB files. The main post has this link to, but for your convience I'll post the link here to. So please update to these files (This includes the EXE's, dlls, STBs) etc.

Link:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Akai, I'm trying to use Element's CMS for the Webserver, but I can't seem to get it to work with Xampp. I type in "http://localhost" after extracting the files and editing the config.php file, but nothing loads.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1.) Did you start "xamp_start.exe"?
2.) Did you port forward port 80?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the first one I have v 1.0 connected well, but the registration page had nothing on it. Any suggestions?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, xampp_start.exe is working fine. I got the Roseweb v1.0 to work load, but like I said - the registration page had nothing on it. Did I do something wrong?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First, don't double post. Edit your first post.

Try this Rose Online Web CMS (By -Element)
Link:

1.) Install by going to

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Akai,

Great job on the guide.

Please if you can, post in the osRose forum too.

Rob

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Akai, Ok. Sorry about the double post. To install the CMS by Element, where do I extract it to? Do I extract the files to htdocs still? I'm sorry for all the hassle - I'm extremely new to all this.

EDIT: Ok Akai, I extracted all the files within the RoseCMS folder from the rar file to HTDOCS. I went ahead an typed what you said and nothing is coming up. What's the next step to take?

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, sorry about that pal. I'm just too stupid sometimes. Got it working fine.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@rl2171 Yes I'll go post it there now.

@vincent_adreas No problem mate, and yes you want to extract it to the HTDOCS folder (go ahead and delete the old Rose Online Web first).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, new problem Akai. I'm just about finished with these steps (On the last one).

I'm having issues with this:
After the libmysql package is installed, we need to change a few lib paths. Open up your project (such as worldserver.dev, which can be found in the "worldserver" folder) Go to menu "Project>project option".
2. Go to "parameters" tab and change the "C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libws2_32.a" and "C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libmysql.a"
for you correct path.

I don't understand this at all. I get to the point of extracting the sources to a new folder on the desktop, then I open up worldserver.dev and go to the parameters tab under project options. I see what paths I'm supposed to change, but where am I directing these paths to? You just say "replace them", but I'm a little hung up on what to do from here.

Also, even with the .EXEs running for the server - the website says it's not functioning, or at least only the character server and world server are. The login server has an X.

Thanks again, this should be my last hurdle and I'll be fine.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
To make it simple. Go to the Parameters table, and delete whatever is under "Linkers" and put this

C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libmysql.a
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libws2_32.a

As for your webserver I'm not sure, double check your config file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't understand anything starting at the Dev C++ step. I really don't understand this compiling stuff. I have the sources extracted to a random folder and I have installed Dev C++ and updated with the libmysql package you said to. Beyond this, i have NO idea what I'm doing.

I'm sorry to be wasting your time like this. If you're busy, than it's nothing to worry about. I'll erase the server stuff and whatnot.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
er. does any1 get this bug.. where the monster drops an item and ur not able to pick it up??

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't understand anything starting at the Dev C++ step. I really don't understand this compiling stuff. I have the sources extracted to a random folder and I have installed Dev C++ and updated with the libmysql package you said to. Beyond this, i have NO idea what I'm doing.

I'm sorry to be wasting your time like this. If you're busy, than it's nothing to worry about. I'll erase the server stuff and whatnot.

Don't worry about it mate, I'll help you.

Ok so you've installed the libmysql package. Now follow these steps:

1.) Open up DEV C++
2.) Open a project, find your worldserver.dev (inside the worldserver folder that you extracted)
3.) After the project is open, click at the menu "Project>Project Options
4.) Click the "Parameters" tab
5.) Under "Linkers" you see two paths, something like "././././Dev-Cpp"
6.) Replace the first one with C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libmysql.a
7.) Replace the second one with C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libws2_32.a

Now you can compile by going to the menu Execute>Rebuild All.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I did all that successfuly. Thanks Akai. Now my final question is this: what to do with those sources once I've compiled all that? Do I replace what I originally extracted from the fullserver.rar with these new sources?

And then run the EXEs? Right now I have the fullserver.rar files extracted to C:\program files\triggersoft\Server. Maybe this is what is screwing things up?

Anyhow, I greatly appreciate your help thus far.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After you have compiled your sources, it will make a .exe inside the folder of that .dev

So yes you can replace your old exe with your new exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back