• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

My Graphics Sucks? GTA IV

Reaction score
His PC just sucks. That processor couldn't run it on min settings. He'd get like half a FPS.

FYI GTAIV has crappy optimization for the PC version, so you need a powerful machine.

Reaction score
Incredible that no one know that GTAIV has that bug. Sometimes that happends to me, but the way comes back in 1 min.
That issue is due to your GFX Card memory, and yes, gta iv doesnt have any pc optimization.
Since Im using the lowest configuration works well, but at high i've the same frame rate as low, lol

Reaction score
It doubt it's your graphic card

All graphics render on one thread or multiple threads connected to one

Even if you have multiple threads running your graphics for the game, and your able to run the game, it means something is wrong with your game data, because before the game starts, usually it'll load every grapic file, or load it but keep it idle untill it needs to be used

GTA (all series) has regions, so they load in a big square, so all graphics, objects, and whatnot are loaded for that map region

so i think, your GTA IV copy is broken

Reaction score
It doubt it's your graphic card

All graphics render on one thread or multiple threads connected to one

Even if you have multiple threads running your graphics for the game, and your able to run the game, it means something is wrong with your game data, because before the game starts, usually it'll load every grapic file, or load it but keep it idle untill it needs to be used

GTA (all series) has regions, so they load in a big square, so all graphics, objects, and whatnot are loaded for that map region

so i think, your GTA IV copy is broken

Nice bunch of useless facts you just threw out there, all voided if his graphics card does not meet the recommended minimum requirements. His CPU is not fast enough, he does not have enough RAM, and i think it's safe to say his GFX card is old also. It has nothing to do with the game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah it has nothing to do with my GTA Iv, its just about my graphics.

BIOS:phoenix - AWARDBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD ATHLON(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, MMX,3DNow, ~2.2 GhZ
RAM: 1024MB RAM
DirectX-Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Omg Seriously i told you im running a swedish computer im having it hard finding it!
So excuse me if its the wrong thing again:

RADEON X1600 Series
ATI Technologies Inc.
ATI Display Adapter (0x71C2)
Internal DAC(400Mhz)
1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Plug and Play Monitor.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think your PC would be able to properly play the game, Even if it did buffer everything you'd get major lag.

The processor and GFX card are both crap
And GTA 4 on 1GB of RAM?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
NVM....Im'a Buy A New PC From Alien Ware ALX X58
Desktop Perfection its called that

Really super good graphic card. i can play whatever game i want.

Its a pretty good Desktop for only 3.949$ check it out at

Here is the featured options:
Featured Options:
Intel

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
do note that the specs you give, dual SLI, core i7 extreme, ultimate are for maxed out options, which costs a lot more. the brief specs are:

core i7 processor @ 2.93 ghz 8MB cache
single Nvidia GTX280 (1GB)
3GB DDR3 ram @ 1600 mhz
1TB (2 x 500GB) SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 2 x 16MB Cache

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So if it costs? Just wanna buy it.....Isn't It Good...Now it isn't about the cost it is how good you think about it....etc...i think its an awsome pc for gaming..

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
But you could build a PC just as good for much less.
Keep that in mind.
If you have anyone who is good with hardware, ask them if you buy the parts, if they'll build it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Man... My Pc Is Really Fk'd Up My Graphics is the worst graphics on earth....From the first when i bought this computer the graphics was awsome now they are hell i dunno why! but the best thing is to buy a new pc.....Or I Could use your idea cause i got 2 Hardware-Software Shops near my house ;)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
NVM....Im'a Buy A New PC From Alien Ware ALX X58
Desktop Perfection its called that

Really super good graphic card. i can play whatever game i want.

Its a pretty good Desktop for only 3.949$ check it out at

Here is the featured options:
Featured Options:
Intel

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah it has nothing to do with my GTA Iv, its just about my graphics.

BIOS:phoenix - AWARDBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD ATHLON(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, MMX,3DNow, ~2.2 GhZ
RAM: 1024MB RAM
DirectX-Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Ewww. o_O
I'm sorry, but that RAM just makes me sad.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if ur gonna buy a computer, dont buy alienware. alienware has good specs and all, but in reality its probably not the best bang for your buck. its probably a good computer, but ur really just buying the brand name. if ur gonna buy a computer make it a dell XPS. dell has a bad reputation with some people, but its because they buy the wrong computer. the XPS line is specifically for gaming and also has a lot of room if you ever want to upgrade it. (prices are also lower and u get more bang for ur buck)

if ur gonna build a computer, make sure u dont just go for the cheapest. dont just look at the specs, look at the brand name and the quality of the product. u want ur computer to be reliable not just fast.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh ok ill try to take a look at the pc buying guide! then i will take a look at the ebay comps ;P

Back