Natural Selection 2

I loved Natural Selection 1 back in the day, but does Natural Selection 2 live up to the name? Can anyone that has played it, vouch for it? I'm curious if it's worth my money...
 
Daedius - Natural Selection 2 - RaGEZONE Forums
I really need to upgrade my pc to play this, we gotta play some dude I love this game.
 
Ok....let me get this straight....

From the trailer it looks to be a mix of FPS and RTS?

Yeah, as the marines you have someone that can commander the game and he gets a RTS perspective of the game... commanding players to do or go w/e. The Commander's got the abilty to provide supplies to marines, upgrade and provide equipment for them, as well as having structures [be it defensive, resource gathering, research and upgrades, etc.]. Meanwhile, other marines will be playing the game as a regular FPS'er.

Aliens, on the other hand, manage their own resources without the reliance of a commander [though I think there's one implemented for them I ain't too sure though]. The aliens have numerous forms, all of which require an amount of resource... and the most crucial one for the team being the Gorge, who is the builder. The main objective of the Gorge is to build resource extrators, providing the team with faster resource gathering, and being the builder he can also build defensive structures and upgrade chambers as well as hives. For the Alien team, their abilities unlock depending on the amount of hives they currently own.

So... the game's concept is incredibly fun to play ;)

Just take a look at the Official or Dev blog I linked above in post #6.
 
Last edited:
Back