Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Open source MMORPG engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
downloading, I already own realmcrafter, but maybe this is something.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I will start working on CHS to ENG as soon as I get my computer back, probably today!

:)

Good Luck, and don't expect anything from me, try to do your own work. (Learning purpose only)

that would be nice *__*

but how long do u need can u give a date or sth. like this? :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Dont know everything installs ok except that patch.

Going to check it out now.

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
As asked some mirror's,
I'm actually downloading at quite a high speed,

But i will mirror them on my prem account for ya :)

The patch:

The SDK:

The engine itself:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
very similar to the unreal 2.5 editor and engine setup. Very clunky, not as fluid as unreal 2.5 or torque, very limited on what you can do with the engine as far as a noob is concerned. It's a great release, but for those starting out its a opportunity. For serious developers or people experienced with coding, I don't recommend it. Couldn't quite get the sdk to install right for it, and working with the source code is basically through that editor (like unreal technology). The demo reminds me of the torque demo of the fps shooter, and it is a long way to go for functionality or customization. What you see in the demo is advanced and for beginners, you will not be able to make a replica of the demo, instead you will have to use the demo in order to create something (like on torque). Networking cannot compare to Torque engine, and as for features its got enough for the beginner.

I am no fanboy of the torque engine, but for 100.00 you get more with that than this, and the torquescript resembles C++ with tons of guidelines on it. As for Unreal 2.5 or 3.0, you cannot compare this to it, only that they did a good job making a feel like it. In all, I'd recommend getting a 100.00 engine to make games with over this, or even xna or even ogre 3d.

Reaction score
very similar to the unreal 2.5 editor and engine setup. Very clunky, not as fluid as unreal 2.5 or torque, very limited on what you can do with the engine as far as a noob is concerned. It's a great release, but for those starting out its a opportunity. For serious developers or people experienced with coding, I don't recommend it. Couldn't quite get the sdk to install right for it, and working with the source code is basically through that editor (like unreal technology). The demo reminds me of the torque demo of the fps shooter, and it is a long way to go for functionality or customization. What you see in the demo is advanced and for beginners, you will not be able to make a replica of the demo, instead you will have to use the demo in order to create something (like on torque). Networking cannot compare to Torque engine, and as for features its got enough for the beginner.

I am no fanboy of the torque engine, but for 100.00 you get more with that than this, and the torquescript resembles C++ with tons of guidelines on it. As for Unreal 2.5 or 3.0, you cannot compare this to it, only that they did a good job making a feel like it. In all, I'd recommend getting a 100.00 engine to make games with over this, or even xna or even ogre 3d.

Well, if it was as good as torque or unreal, I don't think they would release the source code :)

I believe this is why its free.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Forgot to say that you might need to set non-unicode programs to load up with Chinese PRC as default language, other ways you might get some errors...

Infinity/Divinity Dev
Banned
Reaction score
wow its do bad its not in english and maybe over time if its a SVN in china we can do a english project for it and just use a merge so were always updated.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I have both Torque I think it costs 350 now when I got was like 50 or 100 its the shader engine or thats what we called it..

I also got realm crafter....

Is there still working mmorpg kit for Torque? if not hows RC these days :(

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
game is easily translatable and sources compile 100% for me on VS2005.

Great release MenTaL

Infinity/Divinity Dev
Banned
Reaction score
The big question is there a SVN in china? Was it a paid engine is it a engine that died? I have so many questions. I'm hoping its one in constant dev where we could run a translation project.

PS Jason I got my eye on you *points a finger*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have seen this before. It's nice, but there is open source mmorpg engine from russian devs. 100% better then this. If I find a link I will post it here

I'm still waiting for that link :rolleyes:

Master Summoner
Reaction score
If anyone has begun translating this, please send me a PM. I'm not Chinese nor speak it, so I'm pretty much screwed, but it does look awesome. Might try to figure stuff out.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
the demo game is brilliant but as its all in chinease i dont have a clue what im doing when i edit or play :?:
so cant wait for the translated version if it gets done :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back