[OsRose(Evo)] Server Setup Guide

Mah chars are stucked somewhere in the Mountains when i start the game. I tried this "Spawn_dev" thing but they are still there ( also when i create a new one )... There are also mobs up there and the starter fairy thing :D Maybe a glitch on the maps ?
Any ideas ?

ok fixed the sql file now and i spawn on a ship ( wasn't that in a tree ? ) but anyways. There are no NPCs at all and there are fishes floating around on ground oO Here is the new SQL for the spawns


----------
edit:

All fixed. Just needed to use the whole 180 to dev rev pack :D
 
Last edited:
Yeah since the map changed, you need to run again all the tools to get back the NPCs, spawns and so on.

As told in our tools thread, sometimes you need to delete the old table before importing the new one.
 
Now i have another strange Problem. I can login into mah Server without any problem, but others cant oO
On localhost it works 100% even on a virtual machine that has another LAN ip BUT mah friends cant login over WAN. They all get the "Server currently under maintenance" message. The strange thing is, they use a mirrored copy of mah client Oo

Any ideas to fix that ? Maybe any way to tell the Server "Dont check the f*** version of tha client" ? :D

edit:

I forgot to say where its runnin :D
Its running on a Quad machine with 6GB RAM and Vista 64 installed. Firewall is disabled, connection is SDSL so its direct without any blocking Router or stuff.
Server ip is set to WAN and not to localhost :D

another edit / question:

How is the Itemshop managed ? Is there a tut how to make a little Itemshop thing like a script that gives every Player a random thing per week ?
 
Last edited:
Now i have another strange Problem. I can login into mah Server without any problem, but others cant oO
On localhost it works 100% even on a virtual machine that has another LAN ip BUT mah friends cant login over WAN. They all get the "Server currently under maintenance" message. The strange thing is, they use a mirrored copy of mah client Oo

Any ideas to fix that ? Maybe any way to tell the Server "Dont check the f*** version of tha client" ? :D

edit:

I forgot to say where its runnin :D
Its running on a Quad machine with 6GB RAM and Vista 64 installed. Firewall is disabled, connection is SDSL so its direct without any blocking Router or stuff.
Server ip is set to WAN and not to localhost :D
Check this tutorial:
 
Checked the tut.
All ports are open ( no ISP blocks and no Firewall etc ) and can be seen from the outside.
But still the client on other networks say "Server under maintenance" like its a wrong client version. Mah people have the same version that i connect with and for me it works fine even when i use the DNS entry ( the DNS Server is not on mah local machine ^^ ) instead of the IP for the Launcher.
Is there a way to kick the version control ?

------EDIT:---------
Found the Issue :D I should use servegame.com instead of servergame.com next time i enter a DNS...
But again another Issue ( i know i will get over the Limit with mah questions *giggles* )
Now all is in Slow Motion oO
Even when i connect local its in slowmotion. I checked CPU and RAM status but its all fine. CPU is 34% on each Core and RAM is filled 72% so i dont think thats the problem. Strange thin is, its in slowmotion on all PCs we are running it atm Oo
Im a bit confused now :D
 
Last edited:
N00bish question......what in database do I edit to make gm, admin, etc.....I think its the flags but I dont know what the flags need to be X.X

EDIT: LOL...I need to learn to BETA test before I jump to admining people......I guess I thought this server would work.....anyway...I guess the server is fine..maybe...BUT after I create and select a character, I click start and the client crashes
 
Last edited:
#1 am I going to need some kind of admin tool for that?

#2 EDIT.....fixed crash problem.....had to repair installation and ignore advice about gameguard
 
Last edited:
#1 No >.> Take a look over in you database.

ahh....now I see the confusion.....sorry...my WoW server fried so I was thinkin of the wrong word....accesslevel instead of flags......I can tell I need to edit the database.....but I dont know what to edit it to...

Simple version of question....whats the accesslevel for a gm? for an admin?
 
Ok....another newbish question....

This server is configured to be too easy...I went to liek level 15 in ten minutes! and started out with 10,000 zuly....I miss the challenge of playing..... :(:

So, what do I change the drop rates to in list_config table to make it a more....normal game?

And how to I make sure people start out with a bit less zuly?
 
There u go :P


it can cause some problems since the respawn zone isn't correct anymore and new players spawn in Junon Polis instead of Adv Plain.

Recreate your "list_respawnzones.sql" file with "spawn_dev.exe" tool from our tool svn:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2409&start=0

That should do the trick.

that seems alot of work lol im a little confusing too.
can someone shares the right and exact list_respanzones.sql for this client? thank you if you do :)
 
Back