Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World 136 on Ubuntu 8.04 Server VMware Image by Beastie ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Adding/Removing GMs and Adding CubiGold

Use the excellent BatGM v0.08a by adslpredator Originally found on MMORPG Dev

I reupped it so you dont have to register to DL it

you will have to allow BatGM to Access the Mysql database so do the following..

In phpmyadmin (after you have logged in as root) select your database (dbo) then select the privileges tab, once you have done that select "open new phpmyadmin window"
once that opens you should see the user overview page
1. select add user
2. add the following..
USER = root
HOST = IP of the comp that has BATGM on it
PASSWORD = Your Password
Retype Password = Your Password
Ignore Generate Password
3. now select for Database for user Grant all privileges on wildcard name (username\_%)
4. select check all
5. hit go

that will give you access to the MySql database from BATGM. :thumbup:

Errors found so far..

* 1HP/MP bug

To fix, simply edit the following file by typing this..

Code:
nano /PWServer/gamed/gs.conf
and changing this line
Code:
AntiCheat               = true
to
Code:
AntiCheat               = false
save and reboot server

* eth0 doesn't start

Edit the following file by typing this..
Code:
nano /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

and change the line
Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="00:0c:29:68:9e:a3", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth0"
to
Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth0"
and remove any line concerning eth1, once done, save and reboot server

To change SQL password

Code:
cd/opt/lampp/bin
./mysqladmin -u root -p password YOURNEWPASSWORD
it will ask for a password which you enter the old one which in this case it's root
this new password will have an immediate effect so here are files to edit so PW still functions correctly..

/etc/tables.xml

change line
Code:
connection name="auth0" poolsize="3" url="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/dbo?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8" username="root" password="root"/>
to
Code:
connection name="auth0" poolsize="3" url="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/dbo?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8" username="root" password="YOURNEWPASSWORD"/>

/opt/lampp/htdocs/register/config.php

change line
Code:
$DBPassword = "root";  // Database password
to
Code:
$DBPassword = "YOURNEWPASSWORD";  // Database password
Also now you can access with the new password

Changing Root password

this is very easy, just type in the command whilst being logged in as root..

Code:
passwd
it will then ask you to type in a new unix password then ask again for you to type it in for verification..

oh and I dont do MSN support n stuff, any questions will have to go thru here sorry

this i do not understand how to do lol im using vmware player like he said and this is all confusing lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@EndyBH
MySQL is already installed on the VM, you should check ip configurations / db configuration if you have errors when trying to start the server

@glh290
The first part explains how to setup batgm (a tool that enables you to add gold / gm powers to player accounts)

second part is about errors you may encounter when playing... you can try to play before, and if you encounter these errors, then use the apropriate fix to correct it (just type the commands inside the virtual machine, after you have logon...

last part is more a security concern, if you want to make your server public, you should change your passwords...

ps: to check if eth0 starts, just type "ifconfig" without the quotes in the linux prompt, and then read... you should have 2 blocs of text describing your network interfaces, you should have one called "lo" and the other "eth0"
if you only have lo, then eth0 doesn't start ;)

~Hunter~
Reaction score
ok.. my whole pc was poofed and after restart blue screen .(think VMWare not like VisTa x64 )
but i stil fix it again.. also server from first post back to normal..:D::D::D:

but i have some small probs to make it wisible for ppl from outside..

here my IP from PC (NOT from inside VMWARE)

hosts:
Code:
127.0.0.1    localhost

#-----  my server  -----

127.0.0.1    192.168.0.51:29000
127.0.0.1    192.168.0.51:3306

1.. must i put it also into my VMWARE /xamp /host ????
2. was it right type from wat i want to open???
---------------------------------
this my network:
beastie - Perfect World 136 on Ubuntu 8.04 Server VMware Image by Beastie ^^ - RaGEZONE Forums

---------------------------------
this was NETWORK from VMWARE: (ok here i need help what i have to SET from it
beastie - Perfect World 136 on Ubuntu 8.04 Server VMware Image by Beastie ^^ - RaGEZONE Forums

hope anyone clever and can help me.
SERVER works still from LOCAL.. but want open as for friends outside...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Atomic-Fox, as the image of the Beastie I check what you told me in your previous message. Now I would like to use and ask a question. Even before downloading image posted this topic I had downloaded the files separate from the server 1.3.6 and tried to create the server using a video tutorial on vietinamita that utilize VMWare 6.5 + Perfect World Server 1.3.6 + Ubuntu 7.10 + server Microsoft SQL Server 2000. Configured everything according to the tutorial. appropriate boot the server with the command Start.sh it seems everything started, but when will start the gDeliveryd he gives an error saying: gDeliveryd:: Connect to GAuth Filied! Reconnecting ... What can be? My prayer that at the beginning of it starts the boot Authd perfectly. I am doing with attempts to Image posted by Beastie and I created my image even before downloading the image of the Beastie. I really want to make my private server.

Ah! One more question. Since MySQL is already installed on the VMWare image of Ubuntu, it could be the ip 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.51

~Hunter~
Reaction score
Atomic-Fox, as the image of the Beastie I check what you told me in your previous message. Now I would like to use and ask a question. Even before downloading image posted this topic I had downloaded the files separate from the server 1.3.6 and tried to create the server using a video tutorial on vietinamita that utilize VMWare 6.5 + Perfect World Server 1.3.6 + Ubuntu 7.10 + server Microsoft SQL Server 2000. Configured everything according to the tutorial. appropriate boot the server with the command Start.sh it seems everything started, but when will start the gDeliveryd he gives an error saying: gDeliveryd:: Connect to GAuth Filied! Reconnecting ... What can be? My prayer that at the beginning of it starts the boot Authd perfectly. I am doing with attempts to Image posted by Beastie and I created my image even before downloading the image of the Beastie. I really want to make my private server.

Ah! One more question. Since MySQL is already installed on the VMWare image of Ubuntu, it could be the ip 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.51

u ONLY be need that from IMAGE and VMWare 6.5 ...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you want to build your own image, with a separate install of MSSL, it can be done (see colinux tutorials, everything about MySSL and the actual game server can be found here http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/guid...3-6-on-colinux-tutorial-with-pictures-486602/ in the "old tutorial" section)
as for the IP, it can be 127.0.0.1 if your database server is installed in the same OS as the game server
if they are in separate OS, then use the IP of the MySSL server (or MySQL server)
If the 2 servers ar on the same OS... then 192.168.0.51 will work, as long as it is the server's IP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you want to build your own image, with a separate install of MSSL, it can be done (see colinux tutorials, everything about MySSL and the actual game server can be found here http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/guid...3-6-on-colinux-tutorial-with-pictures-486602/ in the "old tutorial" section)
as for the IP, it can be 127.0.0.1 if your database server is installed in the same OS as the game server
if they are in separate OS, then use the IP of the MySSL server (or MySQL server)
If the 2 servers ar on the same OS... then 192.168.0.51 will work, as long as it is the server's IP

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yesterday again I tried to run VMWare server image posted by Beastie and saw that the principle it initializes the services, but he is repeating the same mistake, which took a Print Screen to show here in the forum. See below:

This is normal. My server is initialized and is trying to looping connecter to any service that know? Or is it an error of some service was not started? How do I resolve this error? I have to leave early does not alter any setting in the image ip just put in my VMWare is started. If such looping is normal, how soon will start my server? to give the message: "All int

~Hunter~
Reaction score
Yesterday again I tried to run VMWare server image posted by Beastie and saw that the principle it initializes the services, but he is repeating the same mistake, which took a Print Screen to show here in the forum. See below:

This is normal. My server is initialized and is trying to looping connecter to any service that know? Or is it an error of some service was not started? How do I resolve this error? I have to leave early does not alter any setting in the image ip just put in my VMWare is started. If such looping is normal, how soon will start my server? to give the message: "All int

~Hunter~
Reaction score
pleasssseee.. BEASTIE.. need help

i install ur image all works fine and no err.. (as i seen),..

i use all on one PC..so what i be need and wat i have to set as i want other can connect from outside

1. NETWORK ADAPTER :
BRIDGE / NET / HOST / CUSTOM <<?????
(if i set up to NAT i can rech LOCAL. ???)
2. EDIT / VIRTUAL NETWORK EDITOR
VMNET0: BRIDGE TO AUTOMATICLE CHOOSEN ADAPTER ??????
VMNET1:ist this my extern i need for connect to
VMNET8:eek:r this one
3. one of this was maybe VMWARE itself.. 1 / 8????
...does VMnet = eth???????

please need full set for connect from outside

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're talking about the first post of Beastie? And these steps in the first post it?

Follow-up Fix :

1.) open your /gdeliveryd/gamesys.conf
2.) find "battlefield=0"
3.) replace with "battlefield=1"
4.) restart your server =p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what im trying to say is how do i change the lines in vmware player? i type nano whatever and it gives me tons of options so i have no clue on what to do

-----------edit------------

i have got an screen shot of part what keeps on repeating

lol i found the problem in vmware i cant find the file when i type "nano /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules" i have did what you told me to do for 1hp/mp bug that part went throught but i cant seem to find that file to make the eth1/eth0 error fixed

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I fixed the problem with an alternative solution.

Code:
nano /etc/network/interfaces

Change anything that says "eth0" to "eth1". Then save and run the following.

Code:
/etc/init.d/networking restart

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yet another error when i go to edit this i will upload to ragezone this time (i have also circled and underlined the stuff im getting):closedeyes::thumbdown: im getting tired but i wont sleep till i know my dad gets here and i know he is safe lol i worry alot about airplanes hey beastie if you see this message add me on win live or msn glh291@hotmail.com i wont be on for like anothe 2 weeks after atleat 1:00 pm EST im seeing my dad and im moving to a new place so it might take a while don't expect nothing from me too soon lol

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone know if socket stones are in this release? I can't seem to find them with the element editor. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong version (MY-EN 1.3.1 patch 13)?

Edit: And yeah I searched for the equivalent of the name after checking PWDatabase. Haven't found "SkyCharm" either.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
glh290,

Try type nano /etc/network/interfaces

and not

nano /ect/network/interfaces

the name of Directory is incorrect. Replace ect by etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have some newbie questions. I've never used vmware before and I've never ran a perfect world server but I know basic bash commands .

So, I've mounted the image, started the server and then started Perfect World and failed to connect to my ip . I've edited server list .

And I have another question ... how can I upload files ? I've tried and failed connecting to my ip with putty.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi All,
I set up my connection:
IP: 192.168.0.111
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.0.1
when i connect to vmware, and type "ifconfig", it show that:
inet: 192.168.0.51
Bcast: 192.168.0.255
Mask: 255.255.255.0
but when i try "netstat" and found that no port open, it's mean that can not connect to PWserver by WinSCP.

Could some one can run Pwserver on Ubuntu Server help me to setup this stept?

Best Rgds,

OppLa

~Hunter~
Reaction score
ok ..

i ask befor..

my own ip = 192.168.1.86

VMnet0= ??
VMnet1=??
VMnet8= 192.168.0.51 <<<< NAT /local work.. is that right way??????

question .. : i have all on one pc .. so do i need all 3 VMNET ??

i find out how set local.. but can get from outdoor connect

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back