Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PHP, OOP, MySQLi] sulakeWEB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've taken Jos's advice and made most of my code READABLE!

The brackets are still curled like they've always been. I've started to give out Blowfis. If anyone does want it they can PM me for it.

I started a cron job class and interface where cron's would just be classes that would be ran externally. I cut the idea because there would be no way to loop it.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've taken Jos's advice and made most of my code READABLE!

The brackets are still curled like they've always been. I've started to give out Blowfis. If anyone does want it they can PM me for it.

I started a cron job class and interface where cron's would just be classes that would be ran externally. I cut the idea because there would be no way to loop it.

Why don't you just release it in the Habbo Releases section?

Reaction score
Why don't you just release it in the Habbo Releases section?

Because I want some valued developers' opinion, and maybe some quality CMS' started.

sulakeWEB's logo:
Makarov - [PHP, OOP, MySQLi] sulakeWEB - RaGEZONE Forums

Every aspect of the logo has a meaning, because i thought it out very carefully.

The final version will be transparent, obviously but if you have any suggestions or just want to leave a comment on the logo feel free.

Reaction score
Because I want some valued developers' opinion, and maybe some quality CMS' started.

sulakeWEB's logo:

Every aspect of the logo has a meaning, because i thought it out very carefully.

The final version will be transparent, obviously but if you have any suggestions or just want to leave a comment on the logo feel free.

I'm intrigued, what's the meaning?

Reaction score
He doesn't deserve a Infraction, just a warning because he was only giving you constructive criticism.

This isn't the place to be talking about what people deserve.

Anyway, I've finished my no-js script. Ashy gave me a better idea for it so I may as well re-write it now, but I'm too tired of coding at this time.

For now if they don't have js enabled it'll just re-direct them to an error page. It'll be that if they don't have it enabled they'll just be taken to the client when logged in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I gave Jos blowfis, and he pointed out the few things I did wrong and what could be done better, overall reviews are very good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going to sleep..

Last thing i've done?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dude, it's a folder structure :blink:
And why can't he develop a MVC-based CMS? Is it because you want Rev to be the only one built on a MVC-type architecture?

Looks good Cobe, can't wait for Blowfis 1.0 to be released :laugh:

Reaction score
A folder structure ( and not even a good one ) for a MVC framework, nice!
Sounds kinda familiar...

All jokes aside, you're aiming too far for your skills. I'd try something simpler.

* CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM *

And why something simpler? Unless you've seen blowfis I doubt you know whether I can understand MVC(Yes I do..) or if I couldn't. I don't believe I'm aiming to far, I spent the whole day studying the importance of the pattern and how it goes.

Reaction score
And why something simpler? Unless you've seen blowfis I doubt you know whether I can understand MVC(Yes I do..) or if I couldn't. I don't believe I'm aiming to far, I spent the whole day studying the importance of the pattern and how it goes.

Lol, I Don't care about that MVC, I code how I want it ;)
It's just a guideline

Reaction score
Dude, it's a folder structure :blink:
And why can't he develop a MVC-based CMS? Is it because you want Rev to be the only one built on a MVC-type architecture?

Looks good Cobe, can't wait for Blowfis 1.0 to be released :laugh:

Oh no. It's not that he can't because I don't want him to, he can't because of his skills.

Yes, the folder structure is not how it is supposed to be. If he has researched about MVC for a day he should know how strict some things are and how things must be done.

I have seen Blowfis, and it's not good...

Main things that are wrong with it:

• It's rather messy, the code is all over the place like it doesn't have any structure.
  • Bootstrap should be a FILE. And then a 'Class loader' to hold the classes in an array.
  • I found a LOT of stuff are hardcoded. ( Pretty much any CSS or HTML in a PHP string counts are being hardcoded )
  • The template system is not dynamic, a lot of hardcoded stuff.
  • The MySQLi class is like any normal MySQL class... You're not using MySQLi to its fullest potential.
  • The 'final' keyword is NOT needed since no classes are extended ( In Rev it was done to experiment, later in development I just couldn't be arsed to take it out ).
  • Funny how you call a folder 'Children' when they have no parent. Being stored in an array of a class does not make them children of it.
  • I like how you get JS the same as I do

Just to name a few.

Try something simpler first, and then try out MVC when you've been studying it for a while.

Reaction score
Let's start this off.. :)
Oh no. It's not that he can't because I don't want him to, he can't because of his skills.

Yes, the folder structure is not how it is supposed to be. If he has researched about MVC for a day he should know how strict some things are and how things must be done.
Actually the folder structure is how it's supposed to be, and they don't have to all be the same way because as Jos said it's a guideline. Using MVC doesn't mean you follow every rule.

[*]It's rather messy, the code is all over the place like it doesn't have any structure.
Show me messy code, only thing I know for a fact that is messy is the brackets.

[*]Bootstrap should be a FILE. And then a 'Class loader' to hold the classes in an array.
There is nothing wrong with it being a class as far as I know.

[*]I found a LOT of stuff are hardcoded. ( Pretty much any CSS or HTML in a PHP string counts are being hardcoded )
There is no base HTML in a php string, there is a function that writes the header because that is more dynamic than putting it all in the template, and you're one to talk about this..

Something random I found in the latest RevCMS released.

[*]The template system is not dynamic, a lot of hardcoded stuff.
Second time this has been brought up, so show me a better way to do it that is 'dynamic'

[*]The MySQLi class is like any normal MySQL class... You're not using MySQLi to its fullest potential.
Already pointed that out myself.. continue;

[*]The 'final' keyword is NOT needed since no classes are extended ( In Rev it was done to experiment, later in development I just couldn't be arsed to take it out ).
Ok cool, nothing to be stressed about because it doesn't dramatically change anything or maybe it necessarily bad.

[*]Funny how you call a folder 'Children' when they have no parent. Being stored in an array of a class does not make them children of it.
If they're only used through that one class they ARE children of that class, thanks.

[*]I like how you get JS the same as I do
Get it out of your mind that people copy you..:thumbdown:

Reaction score
Up to you if you want to follow my advice and correct yourself or just deny your mistakes.

Hopefully someday you'll realize how bad it actually is.

EDIT: With joopie liking my post, I don't think he told you it was 'very good' ( if that's what you meant with your post).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Up to you if you want to follow my advice and correct yourself or just deny your mistakes.

Hopefully someday you'll realize how bad it actually is.

EDIT: With joopie liking my post, I don't think he told you it was 'very good' ( if that's what you meant with your post).

He told me it was good for my first CMS, and didn't give me as much lip as you did.

Reaction score
Ok well anyway, since Blowfis is pretty close to completion I'm going to stop sulakeWEB for maybe a few weeks(until January at least) and return to my roots.:thumbup1:

I'll probably close the thread a bit later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back