• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Primady Forum Software

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As many of you know, I've tried to create a successful forum software many times, but always encountered errors and gave up. Since then, I've improved my PHP and MySQL knowledge, as well as CSS and HTML. Therefore I have all of the knowledge needed to actually finish it this time.

I'm developing it in my spare time. I'm using a version that I made before and gave up on. However, my goals for this software have changed.

A few things to note:

1. This forum software will be open source and free of charge to all.
  2. This forum software will be extremely simple, will not have many features.
  3. This forum software will have a very well developed plugin system, so people can share and develop plugins, therefore people can install things that they actually need, instead of having everything included in the default software (I will contribute plugins too).
This thread is simply to keep track of my progress (for myself and you guys).

All pages are made, they just need to be re-designed and re-coded a bit to make them better.

I'll post things that I accomplish below in posts, each day.

Please note: This will not for sure to be released. I know I have a hard time keeping promises sometimes, and give up. This is to help me learn to program (if I don't know how to do something, I'll look it up), and maybe in the end, I'll come out with a nice piece of software.

Reaction score
Hi,

As many of you know, I've tried to create a successful forum software many times, but always encountered errors and gave up. Since then, I've improved my PHP and MySQL knowledge, as well as CSS and HTML. Therefore I have all of the knowledge needed to actually finish it this time.

I'm developing it in my spare time. I'm using a version that I made before and gave up on. However, my goals for this software have changed.

A few things to note:

1. This forum software will be open source and free of charge to all.
  2. This forum software will be extremely simple, will not have many features.
  3. This forum software will have a very well developed plugin system, so people can share and develop plugins, therefore people can install things that they actually need, instead of having everything included in the default software (I will contribute plugins too).
This thread is simply to keep track of my progress (for myself and you guys).

All pages are made, they just need to be re-designed and re-coded a bit to make them better.

I'll post things that I accomplish below in posts, each day.

Please note: This will not for sure to be released. I know I have a hard time keeping promises sometimes, and give up. This is to help me learn to program (if I don't know how to do something, I'll look it up), and maybe in the end, I'll come out with a nice piece of software.

If you ever need my help, I'm always on the other side of /private.php.. ;)

I know I'm not very known around these parts, but I know my CSS, HTML, JS and PHP. If I was you I would do some research into Javascript (frameworks..) and make some features AJAX based like for instance, posting.. and such.. Also, with forum software you would want to have multiply query's for example: (http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/phoenix-cms-uberemu-compatible-687651/index16.html#post6028175)

Are you using Object Oriented Programming, if not I would strongly advise it, Also, how are you handling sessions, via the conventional way ( $_SESSION )..

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. :)

I'm just waiting for the designer to finish. He said it'll be done by the end of the week (long time to wait...).

In the meantime, I'm going to fix up the CSS, and other files. Maybe I'll work on the UserCP a bit.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the designer to make the design for the front end. He hasn't been responding to my private messages, so I'm assuming that he's given up. I may have to design it myself, which isn't that big of a problem.

While I was waiting, I've been working on the administrators control panel. I'll post updates on it later.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good Luck. This actually is free, and I hope that it is good. You can probably figure out how to make it do the effects that iP.Board has.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is still in development, I have not given up on it. Had multiple designers bail, and it's taking way longer than expected.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you need any assistance with MySQL I'd gladly help =D
Hope you succeed

Back