Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project Tomare // Custom EVERYTHING // Shockwave // Lua/Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tomare

Alright so, I've been bored lately and looking for something to do. This started the other day when I thought of creating a Habbo v5 server. I started work on that, coded up to Public Rooms, but that's not really the point here. Right now this thread isn't to show the server itself in development, it's the client. Information regarding the server will be added at a later point, as it develops.

Information

What is it?
Well, funny you should ask! It's actually a multi-version server, complete with client modification. The thread will be updated with information about the server later, this is more to explain the client side of things and give examples about how you'd code for it.

Code for it?
Yep. The server will be completely opensource. I'm not too sure about the client yet, however both will be available. I say the client. There'll be a client modified for each shockwave version. But that's not what I meant. What I meant was, the server has a plugin system. In fact, it has two! It supports .NET plugins and Lua scripting.

You keep talking about multiple versions?
The server (and client(s)) will support multiple versions, but not in a config file kind of way. They will work together. Someone could be on v1 and someone else could be on v39 talking to eachother inside of the game. Features that aren't included in earlier versions will either be added or simply ignored (maybe a notification of some kind).

CMS?
Least of my concerns. If someone wants to write one for this they can be my guest.

SQL?
and SQLite (SSO login won't work, but you can still use the final shockwave versions due to modifications).

What will the client modifications let me do?
Anything. First of all you can run lingo code. No big deal there really. But you can shove images into the client, custom windows, notifications, features, rooms, games, badges, furniture, etc. You can also disable any feature of the game. This means for a roleplay server you can disable the navigator and even remove the icon.

What's better is that you can write simple scripts in Lua and have them run on the client. I'll go into more detail about how that works later. Right now as I've been working on it I've added the stuff shown in the below screenshot. Only the MP3 player actually works, the rest is just to show you what can be done, but it was in the actual client.

Code examples?
Not so much yet. It's all in a sort of testing stage. But I will show you how to create a window in C# and send it to the client.
Code:
Window window = new Window(WindowTypes.Basic); // same as you see on alerts and stuff. Can also set x and y, but with this it goes to the default position. By default it has no title, but again you can set one.
window.AddButton(name, this, text, callback, x, y, width, height);
window.AddText(name, this, "This button will do something!", x, y); // width&height are optional.
window.SendTo(userId); // can also do window.SendToAll() if needed
// will also need handling code for the button.

Release date?
No clue, I've been working on this for a few days and I only restarted it today.

Note: the server in the screenshot is an unfinished v9 server. I haven't coded pathfinding for it yet. This will be used as the base, and other versions will be added to it. The stuff for the custom client is working.
Jexius - Project Tomare // Custom EVERYTHING // Shockwave // Lua/Plugins - RaGEZONE Forums

Extra information: The client takes advantage of the code already inside of Habbo. I won't bore you by going into any detail, but it has stuff for windows, packets, etc already. Oh, and I will let you write a custom encryption for your server. The code is there already. Katie (Macheath) will also be doing random things for this, she did the images seen in the screenshot.

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tomare

Alright so, I've been bored lately and looking for something to do. This started the other day when I thought of creating a Habbo v5 server. I started work on that, coded up to Public Rooms, but that's not really the point here. Right now this thread isn't to show the server itself in development, it's the client. Information regarding the server will be added at a later point, as it develops.

Information

What is it?
Well, funny you should ask! It's actually a multi-version server, complete with client modification. The thread will be updated with information about the server later, this is more to explain the client side of things and give examples about how you'd code for it.

Code for it?
Yep. The server will be completely opensource. I'm not too sure about the client yet, however both will be available. I say the client. There'll be a client modified for each shockwave version. But that's not what I meant. What I meant was, the server has a plugin system. In fact, it has two! It supports .NET plugins and Lua scripting.

The server (and client(s)) will support multiple versions, but not in a config file kind of way. They will work together. Someone could be on v1 and someone else could be on v39 talking to eachother inside of the game. Features that aren't included in earlier versions will either be added or simply ignored (maybe a notification of some kind).

CMS?
Least of my concerns. If someone wants to write one for this they can be my guest.

SQL?
and SQLite (SSO login won't work, but you can still use the final shockwave versions due to modifications).

Anything. First of all you can run lingo code. No big deal there really. But you can shove images into the client, custom windows, notifications, features, rooms, games, badges, furniture, etc. You can also disable any feature of the game. This means for a roleplay server you can disable the navigator and even remove the icon.

What's better is that you can write simple scripts in Lua and have them run on the client. I'll go into more detail about how that works later. Right now as I've been working on it I've added the stuff shown in the below screenshot. Only the MP3 player actually works, the rest is just to show you what can be done, but it was in the actual client.

Code examples?
Not so much yet. It's all in a sort of testing stage. But I will show you how to create a window in C# and send it to the client.
Code:
Window window = new Window(WindowTypes.Basic); // same as you see on alerts and stuff. Can also set x and y, but with this it goes to the default position. By default it has no title, but again you can set one.
window.AddText(name, this, "This button will do something!", x, y); // width&height are optional.

Release date?
No clue, I've been working on this for a few days and I only restarted it today.

Note: the server in the screenshot is an unfinished v9 server. I haven't coded pathfinding for it yet. This will be used as the base, and other versions will be added to it. The stuff for the custom client is working.
Jexius - Project Tomare // Custom EVERYTHING // Shockwave // Lua/Plugins - RaGEZONE Forums

Extra information: The client takes advantage of the code already inside of Habbo. I won't bore you by going into any detail, but it has stuff for windows, packets, etc already. Oh, and I will let you write a custom encryption for your server. The code is there already. Katie (Macheath) will also be doing random things for this, she did the images seen in the screenshot.

Looks nice, good luck!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mana?

This reminds me of a anime.

Goodluck.

All the best,
Zak

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing. Good luck with it :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Mana?

This reminds me of a anime.

Goodluck.

All the best,
Zak

I just told him a bunch of things that he should show for the screenshot, it was an example in case people wanted a fantasyRP thing.

AWA

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are you the same guy that created tMod?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Maybe it'll have an advanced function to manually set the element properties?

By the way, I like the way you're creating windows and sending to client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe it'll have an advanced function to manually set the element properties?

By the way, I like the way you're creating windows and sending to client.

Probably, I see no reason why not.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm short on ideas for what to add to show you. Is there anything specific people want to see? For example: I don't know... off of the top of my head... a custom Hatsune Miku furniture that plays a Hatsune Miku song when you double click it, and says the lyrics? Wow... that was really bad, but I might do it anyway.

Any actual suggestions that aren't terrible like that? D=

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry I won't be able to develop this as fast as I was expecting. I've started another project that I'll work on at the same time as this. I'm creating a CokeStudios server (not a one-day quit, not actually working thing, and not a remake). It's already working.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tomare

Information

What is it?

Code for it?

CMS?

SQL?

Code examples?
Code:

Release date?

It's nice, maby someone can design a client in C#?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Habbo is client-side game.
Not a desktop client game.
The thing about flash and shockwave (to an extent) are that they both can be used across many platforms, unlike native C# (not mono), which can only be compiled and run on windows platforms

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project looks pretty good, I can't wait for the release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back