Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Psytrac's 1.4.4 release, 343 style

Reaction score
READ ENTIRELY BEFORE STARTING ANY CONFIGURATION
Edit: I didn't think this would need to be said.. apparently it does.. THIS OVER-WRITES 1.3.6

I hope this does not piss of the group of developers that have been working on these long before they got leaked, I was one of them, but seeing as so many are already out there I thought I would throw my hat in and create a release thread with easy setup, NOT FROM THE ORIGINAL FILES, as ready out of the box as 343's

First read and configure a 1.3.6 server using THIS guide:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f694/complete-pw-package-736572/

This release is built on top os 343's 1.3.6 package
DO NOT download client, or tools

second you need the server files:

You need one of these clients:

and this patch:

Tools:

Gshop edit ALPHA
Tasks editor ALPHA

Other tools you will need:

Note: pwAdmin DOES NOT FULLY WORK in order to open maps you will have to do it manually or create a .sh script
Use iweb (on port 8443) to do any character editing or server-side actions besides account editing.

Final steps:
be sure you edit table.xml in /pwserver/authd/ with your password and copy all server-side .data files in pwserver/gamed/config to your client (tasks.data, elements.data, etc. if you find it in the client folders copy it from the server. NO CONVERSION NEEDED)

Finally:
some characters will crash after being editied/created through pwAdmin, this is normal.

This is as simple a release as they come. I hope any developers out there add to 1.4.4, not take away from it.

Ozuru: Help with the original gshop errors.
Bash: gshop editor used to correctly fix gshop (editor not included with this release, because he does not want it released)
343: Aamazing 1.3.6 releases that got me started in PW development
Eistiger: First person to let me dive into 1.4.4 to develop.
(more to be written later)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you please tell me how this release is different from other 1.4.4 releases.
I'd just like to know if there are any improvements or fixes, because asgborges release isn't exactly perfect ;)

Note: tools link is broken:

fixed link:

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
Ah well was a guess anyway...still going to try it.
The tasks looked larger then fgru release...
Ty psytrac for the release also.
Dilligaf what you think of me, dear sir.

Last edited:
RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
> my release is v580 based [ files lower ] -- and ive writing .. " ... u can use 606 patch ..." --- all there releases = max client 606 [ 612 are descent ]

btw all release are same based structure exept data files and AUTH ... but my release can use pw[Admin] to manage maps ...

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
> my release is v580 based [ files lower ] -- and ive writing .. " ... u can use 606 patch ..." --- all there releases = max client 606 [ 612 are descent ]

btw all release are same based structure exept data files and AUTH ... but my release can use pw[Admin] to manage maps ...
Thanks fgru its nice you spent the effort to explain and correct my perception opposed to using degrading statements or terminology like some people here and their trolling minions.
I appreciate your time.

RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
... if this an update from 1.3.x to 1.4.x und need to write this ...

it's the same as for 1.3.6 this is meant to be an override to 1.3.6, not a compliment > wrong title ...

Reaction score
Psytrac's 1.4.4 release, 343 style = wrong ...

update from 1.3.x > 343´s release to 1.4.x ...

style:
4. Mode of presentation, especially in music or any of the fine arts; a characteristic of peculiar mode of developing in idea or accomplishing a result.
5. Conformity to a recognized standard; manner which is deemed elegant and appropriate, especially in social demeanor; fashion.

Psytrac's 1.4.4 release, 343 "recognized standard"

RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
... lol u think all the ppl here are the same thinking as u ? gz ... np > its ur guide ... sry for helping ...

THIS OVER-WRITES 1.3.6

343 use > PWServer
u use > pwserver

nothing to overwritten ...

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
ok, let me put the plainly.. 1.3.6 is UNUSABLE after using this.

he is saying yours is located at /pwserver and 343's is located at /PWServer .......If you know about linux in general, you will know that pwserver =/= PWServer...

Back