Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

[Question] Website coding services

Reaction score
Me and a friend are planning to start a website service company.
We'll provide Designs and coding. We just have a doubt or two.

How are we gonna charge? per work hour..? I can't really charge same amount from every person, since it'll be diffrent size of the projects.

Any ideas/suggestions?

That will depend on the customer. Mostly I get paid per project, but sometimes when the customer insists I will list the hours I have been working and then ask a decent amount per hour.

If the customer doesn't care then rather ask per project, that's better than per hour. (You can ask a small amount more money to the project if something took more re-search than you planned to do or whatever. You can't do that when you're doing this on hourly rate.)

That will depend on the customer. Mostly I get paid per project, but sometimes when the customer insists I will list the hours I have been working and then ask a decent amount per hour.

If the customer doesn't care then rather ask per project, that's better than per hour. (You can ask a small amount more money to the project if something took more re-search than you planned to do or whatever. You can't do that when you're doing this on hourly rate.)

I see. They could MSG you about what they need and we could work out a deal. Do you get paid after the project is done?

Ask them to request a site, Add them on msn or something or use live chat support and then work a deal out with them.

Easiest way to do this.

Based on how expensive the project is, and how trust worthy the guy is,
I Usually ask 1/3rd at the beginning,
Then 2/3 when the product is finished but still hosted on your service
And at 3/3rd I deliver the product with instructions and all.

But if it's a small project, or if it's for someone I know I just ask for 2 payments. One upfront and one at the end.

Me and a friend are planning to start a website service company.
We'll provide Designs and coding. We just have a doubt or two.

How are we gonna charge? per work hour..? I can't really charge same amount from every person, since it'll be diffrent size of the projects.

Any ideas/suggestions?

From what I see, the easiest way to charge is per work hour as you stated. However, depending on how much effort you put into it (you, personally or your team as a whole), the price should cover this and any premium stocks if used.

You should take a look around the market to find a suitable price, some designers also charge consultation fees and deposit fees, etc, but if you are starting off, you need to build a reputation, so don't do that ;)
It is also nice to know your client's budget before jumping in just to get an idea of what the outcome might possibly be.

A friend of mine has a web design company.
They do it like this
html only 100 euro or so
html + content editing 200 euro
html + mutiple admin 250 euro
html + ajax 300
and so on
Of course the more pages the higher the price. And mssql higher prices and so on.

Back