• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Questions & Answers - Ask all your questions

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
for glassy effect use the auto shapes and make a kind of egg on top of the sig like half of the egg showing, bucket it white then set opacity to 20%-50% that should do it ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
for glassy effect use the auto shapes and make a kind of egg on top of the sig like half of the egg showing, bucket it white then set opacity to 20%-50% that should do it ;)
Thanks Spycky,
EDIT: I cant do it 0.o

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please, can someone explain better of how you can get a glassy effect for GIMP?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've got the full version of cs2 and I'm just getting used to it... But I cannot figure out how to actually extract the images I want easily.

I usually use the polygon lasso to get rid of the stuff close to my picture, but from there I dont know where to go.

Can somebody give me some tips or a link to a tutorial that will ACUTALLY work?

Thanks much.

pɐǝpdoɹp
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You could try a Render [Planetrenders.net] Instead of using stocks when you first start PS

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Google the tut.

But, right click on the line, and then click fill in or something similar to that, and make sure the brush your using is 1-3 px hard brush.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could try a Render [Planetrenders.net] Instead of using stocks when you first start PS

It's not my first time using PS. But I dont like using other renders because they never have what i want >,<

So any tips please??

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How to smudge.. Lazy to google ^^ My smudging is like if I smudge it will be white and ruin the render + the background.. I use smudge brushes

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What is the most simplest Photoshop or GIMP tutorial???
Every single one i try, with a guide, theres going to be a part, where mine does not turn out the same,
or, its just weird,
so, if anyone can like, just find a very simple guide to start off photoshop,
pm me please >o<
not really a question, but a question and request for a simple guide
ThanXx!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is the most simplest Photoshop or GIMP tutorial???
Every single one i try, with a guide, theres going to be a part, where mine does not turn out the same,
or, its just weird,
so, if anyone can like, just find a very simple guide to start off photoshop,
pm me please >o<
not really a question, but a question and request for a simple guide
ThanXx!

http://www.sigtutorials.com/tutorials/basics/basic-grunge.html

This tutorial was very simple and helped teach me some basics... But I dont know what type of tutorial you are exactly looking for so I cant narrow it down.

This was just a basic one that I started with.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to smudge.. Lazy to google ^^ My smudging is like if I smudge it will be white and ruin the render + the background.. I use smudge brushes

Is the render that you are trying to smudge on a different layer?

Idk how good you are at photoshop, but i might be asking a stupid question if you know what you are doing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont know how to delete posts so I can merge them together, so sorry for the 3 posts in a row... :(

But here is my question...

I've been working on this picture to try and render it: http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/Prizbiz/StreetBikeRender.jpg

And as you can see, i know how to use the polygonal lasso tool pretty good, but then after all the edges are cut out, i dont know where to go from there.

Is there an easy way to make the background transparent from that point?

If not, can somebody explain what to do to make the background transparent?

I would appreciate this TONS!!!!!

Thanks

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I dont know how to delete posts so I can merge them together, so sorry for the 3 posts in a row... :(

But here is my question...

I've been working on this picture to try and render it: http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/Prizbiz/StreetBikeRender.jpg

And as you can see, i know how to use the polygonal lasso tool pretty good, but then after all the edges are cut out, i dont know where to go from there.

Is there an easy way to make the background transparent from that point?

If not, can somebody explain what to do to make the background transparent?

I would appreciate this TONS!!!!!

Thanks

You already messed up, you need to use the lasso tool around the render and once its all around press CTRL + C then paste it on a canvas the same size with a full black BG or transparent BG.

You need to duplicate the layer with the render on it.

From there use the smudge tool and smudge however you like.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you put your render/picture on top of the background for your signature? Without the black background. I don't know how? I'm using GIMP btw..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Select the whole render, cut/copy and then paste it on the tag, or whatever your making.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Select the whole render, cut/copy and then paste it on the tag, or whatever your making.

But there's still the background color there, from the render! I can't get the background showing of the signature. The render always covers the middle part.
Can anyone help?
(I want this to happen: Like put the render there and there's no background from the render, so the background is see through for the render, so you can see the real background..)
I use GIMP!!
Anyone?

p&#592;&#477;pdo&#633;p
Loyal Member
Reaction score
But there's still the background color there, from the render! I can't get the background showing of the signature. The render always covers the middle part.
Can anyone help?
(I want this to happen: Like put the render there and there's no background from the render, so the background is see through for the render, so you can see the real background..)
I use GIMP!!
Anyone?
If you got it from Planet Renders
That means you didnt login and click the image for the full size.
Thats why your getting a black background when you paste it in your photoshop.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you got it from planet renders
that means you didnt login and click the image for the full size.
Thats why your getting a black background when you paste it in your photoshop.

thanks kiki!

Back