Regarding this section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laziness and a lack of passion are some of the worst factors you can have in a position of authority.

Yes it is. However. Lazyness is something everyone get once their first mission is done. The problem is that most people let this Lazyness overcome to complete inactiviness.
A little lazyness for a short while ain't something bad. It gives the users some space. Sadly our current moderators couldn't handle that type of lazyness.
 
Yes it is. However. Lazyness is something everyone get once their first mission is done. The problem is that most people let this Lazyness overcome to complete inactiviness.
A little lazyness for a short while ain't something bad. It gives the users some space. Sadly our current moderators couldn't handle that type of lazyness.

Hm, you have a point, I hadn't thought about it like that. I think I'd fit more into that category. I'm lazy sometimes, but I don't usually become inactive because of it.

On a side note: Sometimes I wish I could handle the random stupid things that are done in this forum. Like someone necro-ing a thread that's over a year old, just to say the links are dead. I simply HATE that.

(btw, if I sound undecided on whether or not I want to be a mod, that's because I am.. lol xD)
 
Last edited:
Hm, you have a point, I hadn't thought about it like that. I think I'd fit more into that category. I'm lazy sometimes, but I don't usually become inactive because of it.

On a side note: Sometimes I wish I could handle the random stupid things that are done in this forum. Like someone necro-ing a thread that's over a year old, just to say the links are dead. I simply HATE that.

(btw, if I sound undecided on whether or not I want to be a mod, that's because I am.. lol xD)

Necro-ing ain't always something bad. When it comes to releases and tutorials, if it's still a working tutorial or release with working links etc then it aint bad if someone brings up the post.
Help threads, General threads etc shouldn't be necroposted. But active tutorials, releases, showcases etc should be. same goes with development.
 
Necro-ing ain't always something bad. When it comes to releases and tutorials, if it's still a working tutorial or release with working links etc then it aint bad if someone brings up the post.
Help threads, General threads etc shouldn't be necroposted. But active tutorials, releases, showcases etc should be. same goes with development.

Ok, I should have been more specific. I meant really old Release threads, that get necro posted just to say the links are dead. If they're old enough, it's less likely that anyone can re-upload them.
 
ShadowDragon42 and Adler. From viewing almost every single user here in pressured situations and seeing the section users for the past year (a year in 21 days).

Every user here who lives up to the standards have been caught in flame wars, so that's not a factor to put too much stress on.
Adler is putting so much pressure on an unbiased moderation, which is one of the most important things for good moderation. While being a bit of a rebel in the section at times, I think his points are important factors.

ShadowDragon42 has shown a lot of dedication in the section and answering numerous of help threads. I'd at anytime vouch for him. Being very patient with most users. Also one of the users who rarely crosses the line in flame wars, which takes a lot taking the atmosphere in the section in consideration.

For my inactivity, I apologize and should have reported out later that I was not having much time to moderate and leaving it all on Error 404. Especially lately, the section requires someone to check on the section multiple times a day, which I sadly wont be able to do anymore. I also want to thank the users who actually took the time to send me critique over PM. Even if it were complains, it still was nice to know that some users do actually care about how the section is moderated.
 
Allright so i just have to say this after i did read all other reactions.
I think there needs to be 1 very important and golden rule considering hiring anynone on a mod function in a world with servers who compete with eachother:

- People are ONLY able to moderate on ragezone if they are not a part of any server's staff.
Of course the reason is obvious: Interests.

I hope MentaL you consider this. Becuz without calling names. I think (aswell as you know) that putting someone in a position like on Ragezone and being a staff member of a private server, that interests can take the overhand above the general rule of thinking. You cannot expect them to be impartial.

Furthermore, i'm still mad people biatched my release some time ago (I hope you can remember this MentaL). And i think that this was a wrong descision. Surely after you placed it back and a mod removed it again the same day. I felt there were certain interests and certain people involved in this process. So my advice would be to consider the rule i described above, AND check with your current moderators wether they have no interests outside of ragezone (or working for or being paid by a private server).

I love this section and allthrough i did not come online much after the incident, i'm very glad that this section excists in it's form. Also, no i am not for easier going bad talks. English is a very useful and resourceful language. If you cannot say what you want to say in normal english, than it's merely a proof of incompetence than a valid reason to use curses. I totally do not see any reason to allow curses if they are not needed.

Good day everyone.
 
Allright so i just have to say this after i did read all other reactions.
I think there needs to be 1 very important and golden rule considering hiring anynone on a mod function in a world with servers who compete with eachother:

- People are ONLY able to moderate on ragezone if they are not a part of any server's staff.
Of course the reason is obvious: Interests.

I hope MentaL you consider this. Becuz without calling names. I think (aswell as you know) that putting someone in a position like on Ragezone and being a staff member of a private server, that interests can take the overhand above the general rule of thinking. You cannot expect them to be impartial.

Furthermore, i'm still mad people biatched my release some time ago (I hope you can remember this MentaL). And i think that this was a wrong descision. Surely after you placed it back and a mod removed it again the same day. I felt there were certain interests and certain people involved in this process. So my advice would be to consider the rule i described above, AND check with your current moderators wether they have no interests outside of ragezone (or working for or being paid by a private server).

I love this section and allthrough i did not come online much after the incident, i'm very glad that this section excists in it's form. Also, no i am not for easier going bad talks. English is a very useful and resourceful language. If you cannot say what you want to say in normal english, than it's merely a proof of incompetence than a valid reason to use curses. I totally do not see any reason to allow curses if they are not needed.

Good day everyone.

Sorry, no. A lot of the moderators here work for private servers. If MentaL were to implement that rule, he would have to fire half of his staff team.
 
It appears ur not a staff member nor MentaL, i'm not sure why you answer my request for him :o.
If firing half of his staff team is needed to get the problems he is feeling in this sectoin go over than that is a good compromize actually.
 
I'm fully capable of answering an obvious question. Anybody else on this forum could tell you the same thing. Firing half of his staff team isn't a smart idea. You don't need to passively oppose MentaL's interest in me either. Just straight up say that you don't want me as a moderator and state the reasons why.
 
Last edited:
You ignored my post.

that's what usually happens when I am on Rz with my phone.

The reason I did not vouch for you is because I don't like people who are in it for the money. I like and support people who moderate on their free will, people who cant judge directly, but can look into both sides of the problem. I hate people who are staff somewhere else, yet it is not enough power for them so they try to be on top of everyone. If you wouldn't be part of any server staff, you'd get my full support :)
 
that's what usually happens when I am on Rz with my phone.

The reason I did not vouch for you is because I don't like people who are in it for the money. I like and support people who moderate on their free will, people who cant judge directly, but can look into both sides of the problem. I hate people who are staff somewhere else, yet it is not enough power for them so they try to be on top of everyone. If you wouldn't be part of any server staff, you'd get my full support :)

Re-read my edited post then reply again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back