[Release] MapleVPN - Connect to GMS from blocked areas!

I'm overrated.
Decennium
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
4,093
Reaction score
1,270
- MapleVPN -
A solution for blocked GMS connections.

Introduction.

This is something I've created to help my friends who are blocked from accessing "new" GMS accounts (created after 2008) because they should be playing in EMS. (Diamondo25's old service which is now kind of dead, so I got a permission from him to release this a while ago) served the same purpose, in a better, organized, way. MapleVPN requires one computer to operate. This computer is called the "host", which accepts all the clients and sends their packets to the original GMS server, back and forth. The host must be inside the U.S. area or around it (so it won't be blocked by Nexon). That way Nexon's servers are tricked, thinking they are accepting packets from someone located in the U.S., but they're actually far, far away, using the host to send the data.

And the best thing?.. Unlike normal VPNs, you CAN sniff packers with it!






Fraysa - [Release] MapleVPN - Connect to GMS from blocked areas! - RaGEZONE Forums

MapleVPN's Server GUI.




How to use this & how it's done.

Find someone to host the server. They must have port 18484 open, which is the inital connection port for MapleVPN. Make sure they're located in the U.S. for best results.
Use the client and insert their IP; then you'll be able to start the game and connect to them.
Enjoy!

-

The client will receieve packets from the MapleStory client and will transfer them to the host. Once the host receives your packets, it will transfer them to the original MapleStory server.
When the host receives data back, he will transfer it to your client, which will then transfer it to your MapleStory client. Acts as a "bridge".

Credits.

- Original idea and explanation on minor things.
- anhtanh95: Motivation and testing.
​
 
Last edited:
Just one thing I forgot about, the new version of it.. disappered. This one might not work when connecting to game server. Please report with results & I'll fix, thanks.
 
- MapleVPN -
A solution for blocked GMS connections.

Introduction.

This is something I've created to help my friends who are blocked from accessing "new" GMS accounts (created after 2008) because they should be playing in EMS. (Diamondo25's old service which is now kind of dead, so I got a permission from him to release this a while ago) served the same purpose, in a better, organized, way. MapleVPN requires one computer to operate. This computer is called the "host", which accepts all the clients and sends their packets to the original GMS server, back and forth. The host must be inside the U.S. area or around it (so it won't be blocked by Nexon). That way Nexon's servers are tricked, thinking they are accepting packets from someone located in the U.S., but they're actually far, far away, using the host to send the data.






Fraysa - [Release] MapleVPN - Connect to GMS from blocked areas! - RaGEZONE Forums

MapleVPN's Server GUI.




How to use this & how it's done.

Find someone to host the server. They must have port 18484 open, which is the inital connection port for MapleVPN. Make sure they're located in the U.S. for best results.
Use the client and insert their IP; then you'll be able to start the game and connect to them.
Enjoy!

-

The client will receieve packets from the MapleStory client and will transfer them to the host. Once the host receives your packets, it will transfer them to the original MapleStory server.
When the host receives data back, he will transfer it to your client, which will then transfer it to your MapleStory client. Acts as a "bridge".

Credits.

- Original idea and explanation on minor things.
- anhtanh95: Motivation and testing.
​
So basically a VPN but instead of being <insert VPN name here> Its called MapleVPN. Stupid **** like always comes from Frysa
 
you dont need to decrypt packets for this, you just need to run a . also they're so many things wrong with your code structure its not even funny :(
 
So basically a VPN but instead of being <insert VPN name here> Its called MapleVPN. Stupid **** like always comes from Frysa

You can't sniff packets with VPNs.
Darter it may not be done in the best way, but it does the job. Yes I do need to decrypt the packets for certain special headers for future things.
 
dont work the server keeps appear to be disconnected and when you insert the server ip on the client nothing happens..

Don't say it doesn't work because it does. You simply failed to use it - institutions can't be more clear.
 
I'm sorry for asking some nooby questions, but I'm not that knowledgeable in these things.
how could I use this program if I don't have a friend willing to help me with this? would I be able to use a vpn in combination with this aswell?

as I'm looking for a way to play GMS from Europe, without having to use a VPN which would change the IP on my whole computer. I only need to have a different IP for maplestory while still having my original IP for the rest of the computer...
 
Back