Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] muWlauncher Light version FREE

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Due to poor heuristic antivirus takes away the standalone mode. This is seen constantly plagued by false positives that affect users implement the launcher. From now on you will need to have dll dependencies in your client folder.

the language is selected automaticaly

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
new protection against illegal copies on news section in main post

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the dll files will don't dissapear anymore, for evade false positive alerts from antivirus detection when you use packers.

I recommend give manual attribute "System" for hide files in your client or installer build.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Next update will minimize launcher when you launch main.exe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys i have some news in the MAIN POST, i update the news about the launcher's features.

About last update:

-Fix on useless Links in the web page in central area, now you can click links and open a new window with your default browser.

-Auto hide launcher when you run the game.

-I remove the standalone mode (packed dll allinone file), like i say this mode create so much problems with antivirus false positives, now you will see improves on speed and no more problems with antivirus, but you will have so much dll on your client folder. I think is a good deal.

IMPORTANT: If your antivirus detects the content of this package as dangerous , please ignore it. It is a false positive. As i explain in NEWS section, i removed packed files for the new update, so you need to run Launcher.exe to update to the new version that is not detected anymore as a false positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, with this launcher players cannot open main.exe? Or i have to hook something?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need hook a plugin for prevent execution of main.exe without use the launcher.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm currently developing a plugin system manager.

I will work on new features like the prevent main execution and others surprises please wait some days for an official solution for your need. =)

The plugins will be added in configuration file (server.xml)

#############PLUGINS################
exeMainPrevent,otherPlugins
###################################

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Recently was enabled the new version of muWlauncher implementing the Plugin System, please try and report any bug you can found.

I test it but this is an experimental feature yet.

Actually exist only one plugin enabled (exeMainPrevent), this plugin prevent the execution of main.exe without run the launcher first.
IMPORTANT!: If you use the plugin you cannot desactivate it until the next update of the plugin.

For use experimental plugins you need REPLACE the last line with "######################" and paste this code:

#####PLUGINS################
exeMainPrevent
############################

Other example:
(original server.xml)
#####ARCHIVO DE UPDATES#####

#####PAGINA WEB#############

#####ARCHIVO EJECUTABLE#####
main.exe
#####PARAMETROS#############
/connect 127.0.0.1

And after implement plugins experimental system:
#####ARCHIVO DE UPDATES#####

#####PAGINA WEB#############

#####ARCHIVO EJECUTABLE#####
main.exe
#####PARAMETROS#############
/connect 127.0.0.1
#####PLUGINS################
exeMainPrevent

Enjoy it!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great! thanks to you, i have in mind make two more plugins, Notifications plugin for windows desktop and Blurry fonts fix for old version 99b,etc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The plugin system will be enabled very soon with enabled/disabled method for test plugins in local environments.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
New version 1.1.0.7

-New install build (packer fully deleted).​

This new build fix some installation problems with the execution and false positives from antivirus.​

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello mutizens, i need a favor, if you have free time please test muWlauncher in your operating system and send your results to private message.

If all run ok, send: All ok

Else, send a screenshot with the problem.

Thanks !

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Wiz, the launcher works fine in the 1st use, then all the "dll" disappear and the launcher does not execute "main.exe" anymore. can you check that please? TY!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok i will check it, can you tell me please more details about the operating system where you are running it and the name of the antivirus in case you have one? thanks you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You try to run the launcher turning off Nod32? Its possible that you are running an old version of the core. The core should be updated when you run the launcher.exe but nod32 maybe is blocking the updater.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys i need some information about what you think is the best implementation to the "Notifications plugin configuration", please answer the poll to me using private message.

[POLL]
How do you think is the best manner of implement configurations to a "Notification plugin"?
1.Local file configuration (updateable using the update of muwlauncher)
2.Remote file configuration (reading at muwlauncher startup from client server)
3.Hardcoded notification messages (configuration in core muwlauncher config, not updateable)

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back