• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Release] Vana (A TitanMS Fork) [ITEM BUFF] [Recruiting]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you download?

There's no NORMAL link, and I tried "Save Link As.." but thats htm

I have SVN but how do u download Lol?

crackbaby said:
Bug when I scroll an item I get like stats on equips 6913 hands. LOL

Patched and Fixed in the head revision (credit to doyos)

(though, I haven't tested it yet haha) Curse those uninitialized variables..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Edit: AGH I keep finding out things on my own, nvm i was looking @ wrong folder XD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok! Can I get some help back on my ooollllldddd problem? I still cannot make a character(says I can't use this name even though I've tried about 20 different random combinations of letters), and when I make one in Navicat or Query Browser, I get to char select screen, attempt to log in, and then I get this
pawitp - [Release] Vana (A TitanMS Fork) [ITEM BUFF] [Recruiting] - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok! Can I get some help back on my ooollllldddd problem? I still cannot make a character(says I can't use this name even though I've tried about 20 different random combinations of letters), and when I make one in Navicat or Query Browser, I get to char select screen, attempt to log in, and then I get this

Can't help you without a stack trace and a copy of the local variables at the time of crash.

Next time it happens, copy the call stack window, move a level up into the vana source (by double clicking the call stack) and tell us what line that's on. Also don't forget to provide the local variables. And you say it's an old problem, so does that mean you're using an old version of the source? If so, that could be part of your problem. Also, have you modified your database structure to the most recent format using the .sql files?

Just a few points to touch on

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can't help you without a stack trace and a copy of the local variables at the time of crash.

Next time it happens, copy the call stack window, move a level up into the vana source (by double clicking the call stack) and tell us what line that's on. Also don't forget to provide the local variables. And you say it's an old problem, so does that mean you're using an old version of the source? If so, that could be part of your problem. Also, have you modified your database structure to the most recent format using the .sql files?

Just a few points to touch on

This is a problem I've had since rev 295. I'll try to get that info for you. 1 sec.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm... what was the point of using lua files for NPCs? I see no advantage there... If someone knows why/if it's better to use lua's instead of cpp's, please tell me.

I want to just code them in C++, but want to be able to update Vana around the lua NPCs as well... Time to get to work I guess...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
.....Umm...There wasn't anything in the call stack window. It just stayed blank.

EDIT: wait do I pick abort, retry, or ignore when I get the error? (btw, theres nothing in the call stack if I don't click anything either so...)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm... what was the point of using lua files for NPCs? I see no advantage there... If someone knows why/if it's better to use lua's instead of cpp's, please tell me.

I want to just code them in C++, but want to be able to update Vana around the lua NPCs as well... Time to get to work I guess...
Well, For one they lua files arent affected by updates. For example, we all had really nice servers with custom NPC's in titanms rev8, but when .54 came along, there was no way to keep the old npc's. Keeping them in LUA files means they arent part of the core ccp files anymore. I don't know if that's the real reason but it's a definite bonus. Also, it's more organized.

Also, bug: You can't unequip items.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, For one they lua files arent affected by updates. For example, we all had really nice servers with custom NPC's in titanms rev8, but when .54 came along, there was no way to keep the old npc's. Keeping them in LUA files means they arent part of the core ccp files anymore. I don't know if that's the real reason but it's a definite bonus. Also, it's more organized.

Also, bug: You can't unequip items.
Just close the pet window for now and you'll be able to unequip items.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
...at this rate I might have to use Titan...no one has a clue about what my problem is. D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just close the pet window for now and you'll be able to unequip items.
Thanks, I think I've read that before. Silly me. Anyways, have you started working on pets yet?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
...can I get some help on this? Seriously. 1. My friends are gonna start getting pissed soon. 2. I'd like to make some new developments in maple over the summer while I'm learning C++ (maybe even /ask to/ join the vana team?), and it would help if I could actually run the server so I can see my results.
If I attempt to make a char the normal way:
pawitp - [Release] Vana (A TitanMS Fork) [ITEM BUFF] [Recruiting] - RaGEZONE Forums

If I make a character in Query Browser or Navicat:

Note1: Its an old SS, but I'm currently running either 344 or 345 with the same results.
Note2: I get that error after double-clicking on my character (maybe I should put equips on him?)
Note3: The assertion error points at NOTHING in the call stack.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can any1 teach me how to get the amount of money the person has? if i wanna assign his money to a variable, how would i do it? something like this in the lua file?
PHP:
int money = (not sure about this part)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
TehSkull: Post the full structure of your MySQL database. There are many changes in the SQL database that need to be made, and most likely you left one out or something. So PM me the structure of your user database. To get these do `explain tablename` for each table(ie: users, characters, items, equip, etc) in the user portion of the database then paste the results into a PM and send it to me. Cheers.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
...can I get some help on this? Seriously. 1. My friends are gonna start getting pissed soon. 2. I'd like to make some new developments in maple over the summer while I'm learning C++ (maybe even /ask to/ join the vana team?), and it would help if I could actually run the server so I can see my results.
If I attempt to make a char the normal way:

If I make a character in Query Browser or Navicat:

Note1: Its an old SS, but I'm currently running either 344 or 345 with the same results.
Note2: I get that error after double-clicking on my character (maybe I should put equips on him?)
Note3: The assertion error points at NOTHING in the call stack.

Completely delete maplestory off your pc (uninstall/delete the folder)
then reinstall maplestory i had the exact same bug as soon as i reinstalled it worked >.~

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
duck you vana you close the Ducking Ruezu's repack you also leeching ppl file and complain Ruezu 1word for u duck OFF
Leeching from what? Wouldn't it be moreso that Ruezu was leeching from Vana, seeing that he just took a bunch of stuff+Vana and repacked it?

Overall though, we have no hard feelings towards Ruezu so if you would please go to bed that'd be nice. You have school in the morning.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Leeching from what? Wouldn't it be moreso that Ruezu was leeching from Vana, seeing that he just took a bunch of stuff+Vana and repacked it?

Overall though, we have no hard feelings towards Ruezu so if you would please go to bed that'd be nice. You have school in the morning.
Nice one Doyos. I'm just a bit sad that pvp was never released.

Back