Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Retailers accepting PayPal!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So today, I went to the general store right down the street just to find out that they accept PayPal through their credit card machine now. That's awesome!

What do you guys think?
Do you guys know any stores that accept it around you?

I think it's great. They even accept unverified PayPal accounts.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Haha. I guess that's the downside to living in an area like that. I hope you don't get robbed!

Old Time Member
Reaction score
Paypal is over rated imo, i only use it for international transactions, but they still give me a sense of insecurity of my money at times..

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Paypal is over rated imo, i only use it for international transactions, but they still give me a sense of insecurity of my money at times..

It's got the worst customer service, ever. Not to mention, they can close/freeze your account without reason at virtually any time. It's horrific, and while this is neat.. if you're going to use a paypal account to pay for your groceries.. you shouldn't.

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People complain paypal closes accounts for no reason, but I've been using them for years never once had a problem, know other people who use it for their businesses for years, no problems. The people who do get their accounts frozen are people who rightfully deserve so from a certain point of view. If you're doing something sketchy then they have every right to hold your money until it gets solved. Rarely do they just take your money and never give it back knowing it was obtained legally. If so, then it's robbery, take it to court. If you don't think you have a chance in court, you further prove my point. If it's borderlineing illegal/sketchy, don't get pissy when paypal steps in to say no.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
but then...PayPal charge a lot of tax right?

I'd imagine. In reality, I'd assume that Paypal can charge their own rate for extracting money via a checkout in the grocery store, which would essentially charge more than simply transferring the money to your bank account and withdrawing the money before going grocery shopping.

Reaction score
Maybe they were just using one of these: ???

(which is a total COPY of one of THESE: )

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No it was literally built into their regular machine. :b
It's not that much more taxes, actually. I only paid $15.23 for an item that was $14.99

Reaction score
No it was literally built into their regular machine. :b
It's not that much more taxes, actually. I only paid $15.23 for an item that was $14.99

Interesting :): (about being 'built in' to their pre-existing reader)

Any "fees" they incur shouldn't be passed down to you / the consumer (IE: how having the card reader is 2.7% per swipe), they should not charge the 'customer' that 2.7% (and that may even possibly be illegal for them to do anyway [depending on the jurisdiction] IDK)... Which they clearly did not if you tendered $15.23 for an item marked $14.99 ~ that would come to 1.6% (just any "normal" taxes)...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah, Ohio taxes for you. They're even planning to raise our state taxes so I don't need PayPal taxes coming into it, too!
They probably charge the retailer that 2.7%.

Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky either way. I live in Chitcago, where the general sales tax is anywhere between 8% and 11% (depending on which county/municipality of course)...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Our taxes here are between 3% and 5%.

What is your guys minimum wage over there?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I assumed the cost of living was a little higher than ours, too.

Have you noticed any places accepting PayPal there?

Reaction score
No I have not. Then again I do most of my shopping online myself <.<

Not to mention I hate it here (hence why I called it Chitcago [to be pronounced poop-cago]) :lol:

Cook Co, IL doesn't have the nickname CROOK county for no reason. This state is SO corrupt it's not even funny. What's our new state motto, oh yea, ...

If you look at: you can see that we've had 6 governors accused of some form of wrong doing, and 4 of those 6 have been found guilty and either are or have been incarcerated!

Including the latest, Rod Blagojevich, which probably is the only one to have really gained attention on a national level since it involved "attempting to sell the former Senate seat of recently elected President Barack Obama"! Well other IL governors to 'serve time' since 1961 include: George H. Ryan, Dan Walker, and Otto Kerner, Jr.

Welcome to IL, where 4 of our last 9 governors are in prison <.<

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah! I believe I've heard about that Rod guy on the news. It's saddening how the people in power kill to get more, and the people without kill to get where the ones are killing to get more. Sickening.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Move to Ohio! I have an extra room ;)

Back