• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Runes of magic scripts

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This man are not ch4 luas.. these are ch5 ones :D Awesome release. Thx very much

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok its not completely ch5 but most of the things from chapter 5 are finished (dwarfs for example). There are only some things which arnt finished in this version. Ch5 was released in 2012. As you can see the scripts were updated some months before ch5 came out so most things were made.

Edit:
Now i know why you think 3500 files...because of virus screenshot. No its wrong he had exactly the same amount and the same scripts like we have... trust me he was lying to you

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok its not completely ch5 but most of the things from chapter 5 are finished (dwarfs for example). There are only some things which arnt finished in this version. Ch5 was released in 2012. As you can see the scripts were updated some months before ch5 came out so most things were made.

Edit:
Now i know why you think 3500 files...because of virus screenshot. No its wrong he had exactly the same amount and the same scripts like we have... trust me he was lying to you

I dont know its a ch5 lua some skills of Warden not work ..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im not 100 percent sure what works and what doesnt but its a pretty close version to ch5.You still have to use ch4 client because your bins are still ch4. This wont change untill someone uploads updated bins.... and i dont think this will happen in the future.
But i mean we are an community lets try to make this thing work cmon :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
so what is the recommend client? :D

I use 4.0.6 but if some scripts are newer, do I profit from a 4.0.11 client for example?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont know which changes have been taken on client source code from version 4.0.6 to 4.0.11 . If its any graphical improvement: Take the never one. I think the updates more or less updated the fdbs and not the client source code that much that you feel any difference with a never client. So to come to a solution: Decide which number sounds better and take this client. Its just my guess maybe there were some awesome improvements but i think this doesnt matter. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, uh, I hate having to ask this since I figured so much else out on my own, but has anyone figured out where to actually PUT the luascript files so the server will pick them up? Since we can't stuff them inside an FDB as far as I know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yay, now everybody opens a useless RoM Private server so it's just a matter of time until runewaker changes the game engine so we can't use the resource anymore!
Great!
Thank you!...................................

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ingfred dont cry you have ch6 so relax ok? With old clients we will be able to use these files as long as we want... i think your a bit frustrated no being th only cool kid in town :D?!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ingfred dont cry you have ch6 so relax ok? With old clients we will be able to use these files as long as we want... i think your a bit frustrated no being th only cool kid in town :D?!
Can you even imagine how many people are going to start their own stupid private server project even if they have no clue about what they're doing. People who are able to manage their own public server shouldn't have needed any help from RageZone anyway.
I guess I don't need to mention how stupid your last sentence was.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hahha u are so stupid :D ye sure all start private server to 80% working lua dont kidding me many off us dont know how to fix something so.... For me its for Ducking fun set up this and more of server sharing here so relax ^^ don;t poop u pants guys

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you even imagine how many people are going to start their own stupid private server project even if they have no clue about what they're doing. People who are able to manage their own public server shouldn't have needed any help from RageZone anyway.
I guess I don't need to mention how stupid your last sentence was.
:D Seems like you want to flame me because im getting sick of all the people who are like: Mimimi now everyone opens up private servers... Who cares? I have to say i dont care because this is chapter 4, this is quiet buggy and even with the right server you will have many problems. I think everyone knows that so there is no real reason to be that way. Obvious isnt it ? I dont know who you think about but i have no 200gb ram server in my basement. Maybe you have?! People are crying because they dont want others to have these files ok? And this is a development forum so noone should cry if files are realesed. If you are a person like this you better should leave this forum.

W1n5t0n

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yay, now everybody opens a useless RoM Private server so it's just a matter of time until runewaker changes the game engine so we can't use the resource anymore!
Great!
Thank you!...................................

Its us problem don't ya ?? XD

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I just want to say thank you to the source. ROM was the first MMO I was introduced to and invested a lot of time and money into the game. I don't ever plan to create a server for public access. But I am very happy to have built a personal server where I can indulge in nostalgia with.

Again, big thanks and thumbs up to the person who made this available.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i don't cry because any files are released. I cry because MY files are released. But yea, have fun with chapter 4.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ignoring the little ragefest up above...
[strike]So, ah, any tips on how to setup the directories now that we have the luascripts?[/strike]
Forget all that, figured it out:
domo said:
anyways back on topic you do not have to run scripts to FDB you simply just have to open up your global ini
and add this:
LuaPath = "C:\Rom\Resource\LuaScript"
IsLoadfdbLuaScript = 0
IsLoadTxtLuaScript = 1

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i don't cry because any files are released. I cry because MY files are released. But yea, have fun with chapter 4.
Ohh its YOUR files... you wrote them yourself. I did not know this. I see if this are YOUR files i am so sorry for you :( :( :´(

Back