• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Runes of magic scripts

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ohh its YOUR files... you wrote them yourself. I did not know this. I see if this are YOUR files i am so sorry for you :( :( :´(

Yes, many of them i wrote on my own. Or did you think legendary pets give you ALL buffs at the same time on official? Have fun with it

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yes, many of them i wrote on my own. Or did you think legendary pets give you ALL buffs at the same time on official? Have fun with it

For u information Legendary pets not work corect on this scripts in clear 4.0 client not work give egg and evokes . with exe and info files from 4.0 to 6.1 give some buffs but is.invisible I dont know is u or someone alse but i need to know how to find Lua for Warden pets skill who evokes them (lua_dy_pethelp_check) .

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
:D Seems like you want to flame me because im getting sick of all the people who are like: Mimimi now everyone opens up private servers... Who cares? I have to say i dont care because this is chapter 4, this is quiet buggy and even with the right server you will have many problems. I think everyone knows that so there is no real reason to be that way. Obvious isnt it ? I dont know who you think about but i have no 200gb ram server in my basement. Maybe you have?! People are crying because they dont want others to have these files ok? And this is a development forum so noone should cry if files are realesed. If you are a person like this you better should leave this forum.

W1n5t0n

W1n5t0n Youre so cool :3

:D Seems like you want to flame me because im getting sick of all the people who are like: Mimimi now everyone opens up private servers... Who cares? I have to say i dont care because this is chapter 4, this is quiet buggy and even with the right server you will have many problems. I think everyone knows that so there is no real reason to be that way. Obvious isnt it ? I dont know who you think about but i have no 200gb ram server in my basement. Maybe you have?! People are crying because they dont want others to have these files ok? And this is a development forum so noone should cry if files are realesed. If you are a person like this you better should leave this forum.

W1n5t0n

W1n5t0n Youre so cool :3

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have no 200gb ram server in my basement

Is that true? I mean when i set up a private server only for me to play offline do i really need this amount of ram when i open all the zones?
My PC has "only" 16GB.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is that true? I mean when i set up a private server only for me to play offline do i really need this amount of ram when i open all the zones?
My PC has "only" 16GB.

You will need to open and close some zones depending of where you're going.

You need around 1Gb per Zone opened + 2Gb for all other Server apps + 0.5Gb for SQL Server + some for the game client.
32Gb may be enough to open main zones and play alone, but 16Bg is definitively not enough to keep everything opened.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I did not expect that RoM required so much ram.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope. you need more servers. Virtualization works very well.. runs smooth on all zones.

You will need to open and close some zones depending of where you're going.

You need around 1Gb per Zone opened + 2Gb for all other Server apps + 0.5Gb for SQL Server + some for the game client.
32Gb may be enough to open main zones and play alone, but 16Bg is definitively not enough to keep everything opened.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I don't understand why you see on this a business, runes of magic is no longer what it was, there are much better games.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Jajaja, of course, this would not be funny if is very easy the setup of server :). I have more mmorpg games besides Runes of Magic, and use less ram with all worlds opened. I will play to all games, include runes of magic, but only because I can use this games with dev privileges.

P.D: If you did'nt help me with my server, I don't know if you will help me if I enter in Arcadia PVE ;P

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Virusoutbreak for you its buisness for me and maybe the rest of us its fun... dont you forget this ?! ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For u information Legendary pets not work corect on this scripts in clear 4.0 client not work give egg and evokes . with exe and info files from 4.0 to 6.1 give some buffs but is.invisible I dont know is u or someone alse but i need to know how to find Lua for Warden pets skill who evokes them (lua_dy_pethelp_check) .

maybe a bit too late, but function lua_dy_pethelp_check doesn't exist until 6.0.5, did it came with latest versions?

Last speech I would like to share.
It's realy nice to see people are still busy with this project! How you all work so hard to figure out how Runes of Magic server works, it is quite amazing to see. Right now I have almost 6 months of experience in this, so neither am I the best in this.

As officer of , I can say: Keep this all for yourself, run your own server at home to have fun for yourself. I do like competition, but please let it be someone who realy knows what he is doing. At the moment there has been a new private server fired up online. People who don't even know what they are doing and derping about 8 years of experience. And not much improvements. It's annoying me realy much and it just wasting my time. I risked a lot to get this far, I risked my real life to get this so far. And I putted a lot money in this and the bills still coming. If you think you are able to do this too, then go for it. But for your own sake, if you have 10.000 euro in your pocket to invest on hardware, then at least you have a start margin to make it. Next is: The decent files, knowledge of managing, enterprise and marketing. Otherwise you gonna put yourself in a big money debt.

Yes, Runes of Magic server needs (for maximum effeciency) a complete rack of 24/48 servers. All services, zones, databases seperated on different servers. You have to think about an entire RACK of servers to open all zones perfectly functioning for public. You could put all services, db and zones in 1 server, but I recommend 2 servers due to heavy workload the game needs to provide the clients. All functions and all current zones, db, services, battleground, are able to be opened at minimum 128GB ram. I am not joking, this is a fact. (Please seperate your database server on a local server without public connection to protect yourself). Just a tip. I've been helped here for a couple of time too, so I would like to thank the people who did it. Also thanks to Ragezone I found the right resource to make it this far.

I wish you all good luck with this project and have much fun with your RoM server and merry christmas and a happy new year. It's a nice experience to have it for your own.

PS.
I'm not a liar. The current released LUA scripts, It is the early chapter 5 scripts, contains 2300+- scripts, compatible for 5.1.x.xxx. (don't patch further than that to prevent de-functionings). 6.1.x.xxx LUA scripts contains more then 3200 scripts and also updated/edited scripts.

nice to see someone went deep, long and hard, do you know any way to use custom code with loadstring from gm commands? such as ? pcall loadstring("code")() won't work, due stupid gm command parserm which cut off brackets or do you have scrips 6.1.x or can give contacts of those who have and probably can share/sell them? :D at least when i find how use loadstring to run custom code from gm commands i can get latest scripts

during my long investigations about loadstring found few tricks you can do:

1. hang on server, just type

/gm ? pcall dofile

and server goes into raw input mode which can't be used from client, as side effect main function loop stop working waiting for input and zone hang on, not helpfull, but funny

2. gm command /gm ? sql select "query" does not only selects, but any queryes

3. /gm ? GMCommand enables gm commands for everyone on the server, same achieved in Global.ini file with

GMCommand = 1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
help me solve "lua grabbing problem" then i can give everyone both latest GlobalDB+lua scripts

so the problem is:

lua allow grabbing due string.dump function, for example if you have

function my_funct()
--some code here
end

it can be grabbed into binary string by

local var = string.dump(my_func)

and after executed by lua idiom

assert(loadstring(var))()

and of course lua allow store bytes from dumped function to transfer it and so on, but! i don't know how execute such code from gm commands because

/gm ? pcall loadstring("any_code")()

won't work due !@#$%^& (due stupid chinese gm command parser) that assume any brackets as arguments delimiters, in this case code above will be executed as

loadstring("any_code,"","","")

rather then correct lua syntax idiom

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do it with a client that you compiled yourself maybe?

And how it changes the way server work and parse gm commands?

search in skype for login (not only name) markus.jannik, he have ch6 scripts, db, bins and give them for free

Back