• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Section Crackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i see. Since you explained it that way, then I agree with you. One or two templates is plenty. they all look the same to me anyway or they are ripped from WoW pservers or whatever, lol!

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah right, too much work for everyone right?

Not at all, the section gets a few releases a week. Maybe we should enforce some rules on the quality of the release, but is mod approval the way to go?

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Approval team anyone?
And it does work for the MU section so I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Approval team anyone?
And it does work for the MU section so I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

It does sound like an idea that would work, and then have some official threads to keep the number of bad quality releases down.

Official source snippets thread, it would be a pain to get them all together, but it would remove all the threads on very small simple things which dosen't require an entire thread for itself. It would not be permitted to post in the thread unless you want to contribute to the thread, and when the snippet is added to the thread, the post is deleted. The thread Dell made died because it was a pain to look through 72+ pages for snippets.

Official source release thread, RaGEZONE certified. One for each version.

Official precompiled bins, RaGEZONE certified. One for each version.

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've only seen comments with "section is going less good", but to me it seems that it has increased.
We've got a new Moderator, new Sections and some new developers on the section.

Zero tolerance for noob questions ain't a good idea, cause 1% of all the noobs turn out to be developers.

So lets use the word "improving" instead of "reviving"?=)

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's 1% we can spare, I mean people that don't know how to read instructions and don't have the knowledge to use executable files don't belong in a development forum.

Reactions: 404
the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not having that 1% means we are not getting new developers, and old ones will leave = dead flyff.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Developers = People who know what they are doing.
You are missing the point, if people fail to read guides, fail to use the search button, fail to google, etc, they don't have anything to do here until they learn to do stuff themselves.
Most of the GOOD developers in this section began somewhere else, learning from their own experiences.
And even then, those GOOD developer who began here did not get the majority of help on this forum.

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Even though that might be correct, some people need some help in the beginning in order to get better and higher, and im saying this out of experience.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The help section is for development related issues still and not helping some people that are like "HOW I MAKE SERVEEER I COMPILE AND GET ERROR HOW I FIX".

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The help section is for development related issues still and not helping some people that are like "HOW I MAKE SERVEEER I COMPILE AND GET ERROR HOW I FIX".

Need help or willing to help? Flyff help has all the answers.

I don't think it's just for development issues. Though I would rather suggest people use the search button more. Pretty sure 90% of help threads posted nowadays have already been posted in the help section or are stuck in the Archives.

I think having moderators approving "proper" release threads would just piss other members off.

"Your release isn't good enough to be posted here."

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't understand what you kids keep bitching about, are you too blind to realize it's not anyones fault, neither the moderators - nor the sections.
The main problem is the fact that there's a VERY low amount of people ready to contribute for this section. I mean face it, how many serious developers are out there on the scene? 3, 4?
And how many of them are ready to contribute their hard work to some community that's just full of leechers? Exactly...

This section was, is and will be dead, deal with it.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, this section has turned away from everything it's supposed to be.
It's not a development section anymore, it's a "COME HERE FOR FLYFF FILES AND SETUP" section.
The help section is not nearly related to development, all is just stupid questions about how to setup by people not doing any kind of development.

If anyone wants this section to become what it has potential to be, I suggest that you instate zero-tolerance on this kind of stuff.
Help section should be development related, Release section should have REAL releases that adds to the game and not re-releases, etc.

It's sad looking back to the caali days, 3 different emulators where developed and caali's files where thriving and destroyed.
Then everyone just had it I guess.

I blame poor management of the section. *cough*modsdosomethingpls*cough*

This is very relevant to the section and if you want to delete the thread, give me a perfectly good reason why.
I agree.
Its more help/leech then development.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's 1% we can spare, I mean people that don't know how to read instructions and don't have the knowledge to use executable files don't belong in a development forum.

I was once like that. Back when Fame was the only Flyff server I didn't even know how to download it, where to look, what to do when I downloaded it, etc. When I joined Ragezone it took me days to figure out how to set up a Caali server and where to look.

Now I work for one of the top 3 Flyff servers and I know all there is to know about servers and map development. So before you say they don't belong, try to realize that not everybody is going to magically be able to run a private server within day one. Some people find this forum when they already know how to code, manage databases or work with servers, others find this server straight from playing Flyff and having no talent.

Give people chances, that one person who can't read a topic or fix bugs can turn out as the best developer in this community.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Exhibit A:
spikensbror - Section Crackdown - RaGEZONE Forums
:thumbup:

LOLED. :p

Just a hilarious photo.

Also, we're not getting any way with this. Everyone is to stuck'd up with their own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back