Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Serious Comp. Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 major problems with my laptop. It's windows.

First Problem:

I can't connect to the internet without an Ethernet cable in my laptop. The last time I remembered I could actuallyconnect to the internet without an Ethernet cable was before I downloaded ProXPN, found After I downloaded that everything was fine, until my computer couldn't find my modem. This is what it shows, even though I deleted proXPN from my computer:

MotherFudger - Serious Comp. Problem. - RaGEZONE Forums

I honestly don't know what the hell I did. I'm not that smart with all this software, so if anyone could help I would really appreciate it. It could make me save on buying another computer.

Second Problem:

Whenever I try to open a program, no matter what it is, a window pops up and I have to select a program to open it with. It would be a lot easier If I could just open something like Chrome without me having to select it to open. Here's an image:

MotherFudger - Serious Comp. Problem. - RaGEZONE Forums

Oh, another thing. Sometimes I would try to download or open something, and it would say that rundll32.exe is missing. I went to the website and tried to download the repair scan, but once it finished it disappeared and didn't open. I'm using Chrome, but when I use another browser it doesn't work. I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but I'm not sure what else it would be.

I will be really, really happy if somebody helped me out. I'm getting sick of not being able to really do anything on this computer.

Thanks

Reaction score
Seems like a registery problem.

Click Start, Run. Type command and press Enter. Type notepad and press Enter.
Notepad opens. Copy all the text below into Notepad.

Code:
[COLOR="Navy"]Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]
@="\"%1\" %*"[/COLOR]

Save this as fix.reg to your Desktop (remember to select Save as file type: All files in Notepad.)
Double Click fix.reg and click YES for confirm.
Reboot your computer.

----
I used the link below once too to fix the "rundll32.exe is missing" problem
Hope it works for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back