Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Should i Release RoseOnline Official Source Code ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The IROSE source is useless to us. The only source I won't release is the one we use now.

I have no idea who mathzone is but if he's somehow got an/the IROSE source and he releases it then there's no need for me to put anything out!

Noooooo, you should still RELEASE it!!!! hahah :p, he hasn't showed he has anything either, or well I haven't seen anything that shows he has source to anything :|

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The source that was released here is in fact the same leaked a while ago, but cleaned up I think, and added the twRose server source.., but the actual i-rose has not been released yet. Matt from arua will ultimately release it, if this new guy Mathzone doesn't release it. Which now just becomes a waiting game :|

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What is difference from this source and the EVO Rose?

If you are referring to the source released here, its the very same source.
If you are referring between Irose source and Evo source is basically the source of two different ROSE games

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think u are a NoobyMATTFanBoy or show us some screenshot about ur supposed code/release.

It's people with that attitude which make me dislike the ROSE community - it's so vile sometimes. This is why I tend to stick to my own game in the past and not bother posting on RZ/OSROSE/etc.

I don't have anything to prove to anyone in this community, but just for my friend:

Left shows me fixing/upgrading the IROSE projects to VS2012, just like I said I would do. The middle shows random stuff and right shows the original, untouched / unedited IROSE source code dating back to 2003/2004.

What is difference from this source and the EVO Rose?

There both from the exact same base source code - but their structure has been changed as it's been passed around. I suspect MeGaMaX got ahold of the source code and just threw it out there - he probably doesn't know the difference between IROSE, Pre-Evo and Evo.

Reaction score
Left shows me fixing/upgrading the IROSE projects to VS2012, just like I said I would do. The middle shows random stuff and right shows the original, untouched / unedited IROSE source code dating back to 2003/2004.

Would you mind creating vs 2010 projects? I don't plan to install vs 2012 and I have my reasons for that. :)
It shouldn't be too much work to do it myself, but also for other people out there who don't know a lot about programming but have vs 2010 installed.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Actually the source that megamax release is the source that i bought from sevenhearts team for 2K USD which is pretty useless in anysense. its like they dont provide any assistance at all. i thought he will help me to run and fix all necessary things but he hang me in the balance. which is not good if you are a costumer. if he is thinking 2k USD is not big. well hope he realize something. i am just keeping my mouth shut. because i dont want any fight or flames around here. but really its really hard to work for 2k usd and hope he will help me with thing SOON!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Actually the source that megamax release is the source that i bought from sevenhearts team for 2K USD
"sevenhearts" is a typo right?

which is pretty useless in anysense. its like they
is it "they" or only "he"?
dont provide any assistance at all. i thought he will help me to run and fix all necessary things but he hang me in the balance. which is not good if you are a costumer. if he is thinking 2k USD is not big. well hope he realize something. i am just keeping my mouth shut. because i dont want any fight or flames around here. but really its really hard to work for 2k usd and hope he will help me with thing SOON!
You have been swindled, come on tell me his/their name(s) it will make you feel better.

The reason I would like to know is when I sign a NDA I take it seriously and I expect the same from my partners.
If you want you can pm me.

At this moment I don't know whom I can trust.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Btw its ICON. i really want to get my money back. because he gave some useless poop.

Did you recently buy it from him? Have you tried reversing it?

The reason the code was leaked in the first place was because of him and members of his team. Only two groups of people were given access to the code and resources as far as I'm aware and it wasn't me/my group who leaked anything out - only one person who was on our team got parts of the Client, no past or present staff have access to anything like that. I'm sure wibow himself could confirm ( saw him viewing the topic earlier :wavey: ). People wonder why I trust no-one!

Back to the point, I think we're all waiting for 'mathzone' to release something. It's like Christmas came early but so far Santa hasn't delivered.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The reason the code was leaked in the first place was because of him and members of his team. Only two groups of people were given access to the code and resources as far as I'm aware and it wasn't me/my group who leaked anything out - only one person who was on our team got parts of the Client, no past or present staff have access to anything like that. I'm sure wibow himself could confirm ( saw him viewing the topic earlier :wavey: ). People wonder why I trust no-one!

Back to the point, I think we're all waiting for 'mathzone' to release something. It's like Christmas came early but so far Santa hasn't delivered.

Welp, maybe everyone else,but im waiting for you to release it :[ lol, that mathzone guy thinks your tintin or whatever the duck lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:closedeyes::closedeyes::closedeyes::closedeyes::closedeyes::closedeyes::closedeyes:

The reason the code was leaked in the first place was because of him and members of his team. Only two groups of people were given access to the code and resources as far as I'm aware and it wasn't me/my group who leaked anything out - only one person who was on our team got parts of the Client, no past or present staff have access to anything like that. I'm sure wibow himself could confirm ( saw him viewing the topic earlier ). People wonder why I trust no-one!

I may be wrong, but I think titan's source come from somewhere else. They had an half working game/world server, with no login and missings networks' part... I think it doesn't come from xadet, who leaked your sources to brett and maybe exjam in the past!

You trust SirKane at least :cheers:

Edit: yeah I can also confirm that you were a Ducking paranoid back when I was in your team ...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Even if Project2003_old ever does leak, it would be highly inferior to any of it's derivatives by multiple years' worth of work. People keep saying how it would somehow revitalize Rose, while in all actuality it would further thin the existing population of Rose players across hundreds of minorly customized servers, with no 3D content of their own to speak of other than some tinkered with client files and maps consisting of already existing objects rearranged on some heightmap with inaccurately baked lighting.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Even if Project2003_old ever does leak, it would be highly inferior to any of it's derivatives by multiple years' worth of work. People keep saying how it would somehow revitalize Rose, while in all actuality it would further thin the existing population of Rose players across hundreds of minorly customized servers, with no 3D content of their own to speak of other than some tinkered with client files and maps consisting of already existing objects rearranged on some heightmap with inaccurately baked lighting.

While I do agree on this. I do think it'll help this section. I'm not talking about the servers. This section is repeating itself over and over. As completely relies on the few "real" developers it has. This is consisting of less then 10 people. Releasing a properly working source code might give random "real" developers a reason to join this section and increase the development to rose online. I kinda tried to do so with a non-working source(I couldn't get the working one at the time) and see if somebody is interested in making it work. Which didn't happen and so the section repeated itself relying on the "real" developers to make it work. Which the "real" developers didn't want to bother to do as they had a working version or something different or no time to do so. I currently consider a handful of people in this section to be worthy of having the name "real" developer. I'm not saying any names, but people know who they are. I don't think years of work should apply to a section with a lot of "real" developers, it would apply to a section with a handful of "real" developers. I've been around long enough that I can say this with certainty.

As for the releases that are made nothing really shines out most of this is already released.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back