Skyscraper City Map 

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Oct 21, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
8
Hello ,

I've been working on a map for quite a while now and decided to make a few screen shots and post them here
to ask for the community's opinion.
I'm about 85% with the map in general not counting interiors,
I've build my studio using the AllRight source with studio fix.
below is the result of 1,5 weeks of non stop mapping.
Will release final map once i've done enough testing (or positives reviews or well build critisism ) :ott1:

 
Its not done yet
first release will be at cggaming.net.

if intrested in the map pm me,
have a suggestion for the map? let me know
it will be released soon
 
I do like your attention to details. but it's a shitty map.

>airport in middle of the town? where's the logic in that

>housing placement is bad. + there is a lot of other smaller issues that simply are not logical.

Just because you can put things in wherever you want, you shouldn't put things in where you want.

But as I said, I do like your attention to detail, add me on skype ( agency_agent_47 ) I might have a nice deal for you (it's mapping related)
 
I do like your attention to details. but it's a shitty map.

>airport in middle of the town? where's the logic in that

>housing placement is bad. + there is a lot of other smaller issues that simply are not logical.

Just because you can put things in wherever you want, you shouldn't put things in where you want.

But as I said, I do like your attention to detail, add me on skype ( agency_agent_47 ) I might have a nice deal for you (it's mapping related)

The airport is on the edge of town :P but yea it does not make perfect sense in some places.
In what way is the housing placement bad? ill like to know
Ill add you to skype when i get the chance ,

thanks for responding.
 
I do like your attention to details. but it's a shitty map.

>airport in middle of the town? where's the logic in that

>housing placement is bad. + there is a lot of other smaller issues that simply are not logical.

Just because you can put things in wherever you want, you shouldn't put things in where you want.

But as I said, I do like your attention to detail, add me on skype ( agency_agent_47 ) I might have a nice deal for you (it's mapping related)
You hammer his work and then expect him to add you to Skype to do a project for you. You are a complete fucking asshole.You never have anything good to say about anything anyone does here and yet you expect them to kiss your ass...GROW UP !
 
The airport is on the edge of town :P but yea it does not make perfect sense in some places.
In what way is the housing placement bad? ill like to know
Ill add you to skype when i get the chance ,

Well you add a lot of similar houses on a single lot. Which in reality is never like that because everyone likes to have their personal property, personal back yard etc. (look at the housing plan in outskirts of Campos City where the big super market is for better understanding of what I am trying to say.) If it's a map that mainly consists of the town itself, I suggest moving the airport outside completely (eg: || [town]). This will give you more flexibility to improve both areas and give more tactical opportunities on both sides + you can edit the space in between to your liking (whether it's military checkpoints, etc.)

If you plan to add grass on a surfaces that wouldn't usually have grass on, (roads, concrete) I suggest adding cracks and other kind of decals so you give it a more realistic feel to it.

And thank you for understanding that my post was not flaming or "hammering", but simply constructive criticism like certain people have.

You hammer his work and then expect him to add you to Skype to do a project for you. You are a complete fucking asshole.You never have anything good to say about anything anyone does here and yet you expect them to kiss your ass...GROW UP !

As you can see, he took it as a constructive critism, did not attempt to flame or attacked me like you just have. I never said that I have a project for him, I just said that I'm interested in his work, because I obviously don't think it's bad, it's just the little things that don't make it as good as it could/should be. Telling me to grow up using caps lock makes me wonder how old you exactly are + telling an adult to "grow up" because of constructive criticism is plain stupid.
I saw from screenshots what he can do. And he can do things well and there's room for minor improvement that add a lot more to the outcome than people expect. I have years of experience in mapping and modeling, so give me one reason why I shouldn't suggest someone that, in my eyes, has potential to be better to do better? You wrote an off-topic trash post that made no sense nor did contribute to anything. hmmm...
 
The map does not seems to load in the AllRight source we are using.
The map has been put on hold till we can fix the loading issue.

It seems to be a problem with my map (tough i cannot figure out what)
When joining the game it loads , then returns to loading game data en surprise the main menu agian.
 
Last edited:
The map does not seems to load in the AllRight source we are using.
The map has been put on hold till we can fix the loading issue.

It seems to be a problem with my map (tough i cannot figure out what)
When joining the game it loads , then returns to loading game data en surprise the main menu agian.

I'll try to help you out when I get home if you won't be able to fix it in meantime
 
You hammer his work and then expect him to add you to Skype to do a project for you. You are a complete fucking asshole.You never have anything good to say about anything anyone does here and yet you expect them to kiss your ass...GROW UP !
> he isnt an asshole
> hes straight up, no bullshit
> he was simply stating how it could be improved
 
latest version of my map can be downloaded from here:
it doesn't seem to be loading for some reason but if you feel like having a crack at it be my geust
and let me know how you fixed it and what server it is love to play on my own map :)
i've stopped working on it for now.
Link for downloading :
 
latest version of my map can be downloaded from here:
it doesn't seem to be loading for some reason but if you feel like having a crack at it be my geust
and let me know how you fixed it and what server it is love to play on my own map :)
i've stopped working on it for now.
Link for downloading :

It would be nice if you have uploaded files on mega.co.nz . Some people feel like safer download from there. Too bad you've stopped working on it, maybe someone will fix the bug and you'll be able to play on the map you have done, meanwhile why not make a better map? Don't worry, everything will be all right. Cheer up!

Thanks :)
 
It would be nice if you have uploaded files on mega.co.nz . Some people feel like safer download from there. Too bad you've stopped working on it, maybe someone will fix the bug and you'll be able to play on the map you have done, meanwhile why not make a better map? Don't worry, everything will be all right. Cheer up!

Thanks :)

Will start a new project for fun , got no server to host it on atm or to test (except local tests)
Also will use mega next time.
 
Back