Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Solution against Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
iptables -A INPUT -m string --algo bm --string E2B70E -j DROP

can't test it because a module not found xpppp

If you are testing the crash tool that wont save you...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I guess it's time for me to give out my contribution here.
Has anyone ever thought about detecting the packet and blocking the IP? It's a temporary fix, but if you improve it you can make it permenant to block the packet it's self. I've seen some people autorestart/reload their loginSvr against the Version/MagicKey change packet, which felt a little dull to me because the attacker was sending packets every few seconds. However blocking the IP and looping would have made a difference for them.

And since it looks like you guys have figured some patterns as I can see, why not try doing something about it in C#? It doesn't have to be a complete proxy, rather it could be a start to a new one.

C# will make your lives easier on this one~ Just a friendly tip :p

PS: The simplest ways to do something are usually the ones you look into last.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Vala would be far better to use than C#, as it compiles to native code so can be run directly on the server. You can do everything you need with iptables, though.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Vala would be far better to use than C#, as it compiles to native code so can be run directly on the server. You can do everything you need with iptables, though.

I've never used Vala, but I've heard about it. Although, as long as it's a language that can do what we need, I guess everyone's gonna be happy :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've never used Vala, but I've heard about it. Although, as long as it's a language that can do what we need, I guess everyone's gonna be happy :p

<-- Windows builds

I use Vala all the time, now. I actually started converting Minerva to Vala a while back and noticed vast improvements.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello , just report this
iptables -A INPUT -m string --algo bm --string E2B7 -j DROP

doesn't work.

K

Komachi

hello , just report this
iptables -A INPUT -m string --algo bm --string E2B7 -j DROP

doesn't work.

Nice work perfectly!
Very Thank you

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
my idea
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags PSH,ACK PSH,ACK -m length --length 52 -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j DROP

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Still need a solution ..
I can pay for it ..

The solution has already been posted. If you can't even understand English and actually willing to pay for someone to simply write lines/do research for you then I recommend you simply shut your server down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back