[Source] OrpheusMS Repack [v.83]

No editing except for the CREATE DATABASE part for my Orpheus.SQL. I added this above but, what is the best method of updating when you fix bugs? Download and overwrite or rebuild the server folder? And can I make a GM account without a GM server? (at the moment travel to orbis depends on !map)
 
I'll put it this way: just disable the GM server. It has nothing to do with being a GM. It's broken, and not made by myself.
Anyway, the most optimal way to run a server and stay up to date with mine is to use Git. That way you can pull new updates.
However, obviously, this may cause you issues with your own. You could manually merge by checking the commit logs, if you'd like.
Or you could use git and make your own fork, which will still require some merging, but it'll be git assisted merging.
 
What about debug? True or false?

Same thing with GM server set to false, its not a big deal really not having a delete NPC but I am worried this may cause other errors.

If you wouldn't mind elaborating a bit, "checking the commit logs?"

Edit: found them on your site, nevermind.
 
Last edited:
Debug should also be false unless you only want to allow accounts with a gm level of at least 4 to login. That's all debug mode does.

And I guess it's a little bit elaborate and technical, since you're not very programming-oriented, but it's essentially just following the changes I've made from the version you downloaded to the latest one.
 
Ah, I assume changes are placed in your download though? Wouldn't it be fairly easy to just re-build the server folder (for those of us who are technically impaired)? What I was wondering is, if I rebuild the folder, when I get to the database execution of the sql files will they overwrite the previous ones when the database is selected or is something else required? I'd normally just overwrite but re-build seems safer in case of some unforeseen error.

Since I followed several different tutorials at different times learning to set this up I am sorta concerned with my java files.

Here is the page I got my files from


This link
Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6

While I'm checking everything I'd like to make sure. Your folder came with ALL of the wz files right? Or do I need to have the wz files from another link and overwrite with yours?
 
Last edited:
I did another install just to troubleshoot. I get two errors when executing the .sql's.

miumiu
Untitled-1 - [Source] OrpheusMS Repack [v.83] - RaGEZONE Forums
inkwellfix
22 - [Source] OrpheusMS Repack [v.83] - RaGEZONE Forums

Reinstalled completely and everything is the same, same errors with NPC's etc. Its no big deal though, probably something on my part.

Figured out what is crashing me at East Henesys and the South West Ellinia portal. Having my pet out when I zone does it. All you have to do is deactivate the pet to zone without crash.
 
Last edited:
Autoregister error? Seems like its only allowing 1 account per ip, I can't seem to make another account. I was gonna make an account for a friend who was having trouble logging in.

package client;
Code:
import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import java.sql.ResultSet;
import java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException;
import tools.DatabaseConnection;
import tools.HashCreator;
import tools.MapleLogger;

public class AutoRegister {
	private static final int ACCOUNTS_PER_IP = 4;
	private static boolean success;

	public static boolean wasSuccessful() {
		return success;
	}

	public static boolean getAccountExists(String login) {
		boolean accountExists = false;
		Connection con = DatabaseConnection.getConnection();
		try {
			PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("SELECT name FROM accounts WHERE name = ?");
			ps.setString(1, login);
			ResultSet rs = ps.executeQuery();
			if (rs.first()) {
				accountExists = true;
			}
		} catch (Exception e) {
		}
		return accountExists;
	}

	public static void createAccount(String login, String pwd, String eip) {
		String sockAddr = eip;
		Connection con;
		try {
			con = DatabaseConnection.getConnection();
		} catch (Exception e) {
			MapleLogger.print(MapleLogger.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT, "There's a problem with automatic registration.\r\n" + e);
			return;
		}
		try {
			PreparedStatement ipc = con.prepareStatement("SELECT lastknownip FROM accounts WHERE lastknownip = ?");
			ipc.setString(1, sockAddr.substring(1, sockAddr.lastIndexOf(':')));
			ResultSet rs = ipc.executeQuery();
			if (rs.first() == false || rs.last() == true && rs.getRow() < ACCOUNTS_PER_IP) {
				try {
					PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO accounts (name, password, email, birthday, macs, lastknownip) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)");
					ps.setString(1, login);
					ps.setString(2, HashCreator.getHash(pwd));
					ps.setString(3, "[email protected]");
					ps.setString(4, "0000-00-00");
					ps.setString(5, "00-00-00-00-00-00");
					ps.setString(6, sockAddr.substring(1, sockAddr.lastIndexOf(':')));
					ps.executeUpdate();
					ps.close();
					success = true;
				} catch (NoSuchAlgorithmException e) {
					MapleLogger.print(MapleLogger.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT, "There's a problem with automatic registration.\r\n" + e);
					return;
				} catch (SQLException ex) {
					MapleLogger.print(MapleLogger.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT, "There's a problem with automatic registration.\r\n" + ex);
					return;
				}
			}
			ipc.close();
			rs.close();
		} catch (SQLException e) {
			MapleLogger.print(MapleLogger.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT, "There's a problem with automatic registration.\r\n" + e);
		}
	}
 
Last edited:
This pertains to my pet bug post on your other page.

How the hell do you do this? It happened when I logged out and back in lmao.
Multipet - [Source] OrpheusMS Repack [v.83] - RaGEZONE Forums

Check this out, look up "multipet" and let me know if its fully enabled.


Is pet evolution (like on that link with the dragons) functional? I don't see how you can do it without the dialogue choices from Garnox the Pet Scientist in NLC?
 
It works fine as long as you have the skill for it. You may need to have Garnox just be replaced with a script to auto-grant the skill to you.
 
Aye its actually Trainer Bartos in Henesys pet park that grants the skill, he is allready scripted to grant it I believe but the last step involves getting the "pet snack" from the cash shop and giving it to him. He doesn't finish the script however and take the snack (thus granting the skill). This quest is called "The Secret Method."

Is there a way to add a skill to the beginner skills for all starting characters? Follow the lead (20000024) could be added right away perhaps?

The Garnox NPC in NLC has a similar issue, his dialogue is what evolves pets. He Asks you to get a "Rock of Evolution" from the cash shop but when you do he doesn't finish the script to evolve the pet. Here is a video showing the dialogue for Garnox.

Edit: Completed the "pet evolution2" quest (quest id - 8185) by changing it to finished in the browser. Once the first quest is done any pet can be evolved using Garnox. Is there a way to set a quest to auto-complete when the script starts? That would fix the issue I think.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know if the pet revive works? If so how do you revive pets? I don't think the script is active for pet revives using the water of life from the nexon shop. Mar the Fairy in Ellinia has the dialogue for reviving pets but nothing seems to happen.
 
Last edited:
You said your able to use boats without tickets but I'm still getting this message at the harbor. I am just curous, what NPC you talk with to board the boat and what should he/she say?
1 - [Source] OrpheusMS Repack [v.83] - RaGEZONE Forums
 
I'm going to give this a try :D, aaron why don't you make all the sql's into one?

I also just realized that if you already make a database for orpheus and try to execute the main sql it won't use the already made database, you have to delete it.

You can change that by adding this line to the sql.

DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS Orpheus;
CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS Orpheus;
USE Orpheus;

Also... it seems I can't even get paste executing the sqls... is there a specific order...?
 
They're not in one SQL file because many of them are optional unless your wish is to replicate my server exactly.
Nevertheless, there is a list of them available on the wiki.
It's located here:
They're under Step 3.
 
New update supports external command loading for retroactive command updating.
If you don't want to use it, or don't know what that is, just disable it in ServerConstants.
I've also included some SQL fixes, and some other updates here and there.
ServerConstants also received a complete reformat to be a lot nicer.
 
Back