Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Source] [v83] MoopleDEV | Multi Worlds | Rev 120 | Rev121 Snapshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey man in rev 121 give me error "failed due unknown error" i dont know why , can help me?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just wondering, where are the db.properties? I've been following other thread solutions to fixing the non connectivity to the database issue. My wamp works properly and I seem to have compiled the source properly through but unfortunately, I get this odd issue.

bf5776c5bcc048d1de5845c06d40302c - [Source] [v83] MoopleDEV | Multi Worlds | Rev 120 | Rev121 Snapshot - RaGEZONE Forums

Someone with a similar problem has been told "Make sure to properly configure db.properties and ServerConstants to match your database"

In my server constants my host and DB_URL were properly set. (Or so I think)
I tried my actual WAN ip from ipchicken.com in both fields with no success. I had only replaced the native ip that were written there.

From the 14 hours of nonstop messing around to make things work, I had also tried with the ip's at 127.0.0.1 with no success.

If I am in the wrong thread for this, I would like to apologize.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Just wondering, where are the db.properties? I've been following other thread solutions to fixing the non connectivity to the database issue. My wamp works properly and I seem to have compiled the source properly through but unfortunately, I get this odd issue.

Someone with a similar problem has been told "Make sure to properly configure db.properties and ServerConstants to match your database"

In my server constants my host and DB_URL were properly set. (Or so I think)
I tried my actual WAN ip from ipchicken.com in both fields with no success. I had only replaced the native ip that were written there.

From the 14 hours of nonstop messing around to make things work, I had also tried with the ip's at 127.0.0.1 with no success.

If I am in the wrong thread for this, I would like to apologize.

Wamp server does nothing to the server btw, WampServer is a web development application, which allows you to create web applications with Apache, PHP & MySQL. It doesn't affect your server by anything, it's for hosting Websites on it and making it connects to the MySQL Database for the Server you are hosting. Moving on to your error, you gonna be looking for this in your ServerConstants :
Code:
public static final String DB_URL = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/MoopleDEV?autoReconnect=true";
Editing "MoopleDev" with the schema name you chose will fix your problem. If that is correct for you, check the Database User/Pass.
That's it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wamp server does nothing to the server btw, WampServer is a web development application, which allows you to create web applications with Apache, PHP & MySQL. It doesn't affect your server by anything, it's for hosting Websites on it and making it connects to the MySQL Database for the Server you are hosting. Moving on to your error, you gonna be looking for this in your ServerConstants :
Code:
public static final String DB_URL = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/MoopleDEV?autoReconnect=true";
Editing "MoopleDev" with the schema name you chose will fix your problem. If that is correct for you, check the Database User/Pass.
That's it.

well its also possible that his SQL ports aren't open. either has to portforward them or use wamp or whatever for it (no clue how, i use xampp myself)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well its also possible that his SQL ports aren't open. either has to portforward them or use wamp or whatever for it (no clue how, i use xampp myself)

You don't really need to port forward if your using local IP or WAN IP to access your database, since it being hosted by Wampserver. As long as Wampserver is orange or green and you created your database, you just need to update your DB_URL to include your schema and the user & pass to connect to that database as Maedhros stated. Remember to build your jar and replace the existing one within your dist folder and remember to enter the correct info for your schema, user, and pass!

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

If you are using SQL Query Browser or Navicat you need WampServer then, if you are using MySQL Workbench you don't need WampServer at all.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are using SQL Query Browser or Navicat you need WampServer then, if you are using MySQL Workbench you don't need WampServer at all.

You do not need WAMP Server absolutely in order to be able to use Navicat/ SQL Query Browser or Workbench...

Also, I wouldn't recommend using WAMP server... Yes it is easy to setup and gives you a SQL server running in seconds but it is also way less secure.

I'd use MySQL Community Server and setup the SQL server from there. This way you can have full control over the server. WAMP Server is only needed if you want to host a webserver and even then you can use IIS Which works perfectly fine and even better than WAMP server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help, I finally got it to work... Like an Idiot I didn't replace the built JAR in my folder... This feels embarrassing! XD

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
why is it that when going into hide, a player that exits the map and comes back after you are in hide sees a clone of you? that clone makes them also see emotes and chat you say.

(donors, that is.)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
why is it that when going into hide, a player that exits the map and comes back after you are in hide sees a clone of you? that clone makes them also see emotes and chat you say.

(donors, that is.)

depending on how isGM is defined and whatnot, donors might see GMs. Normally if they can see that while in hide, it's something with broadcastGMMessage being sent to a donator. Try checking if it uses isGM() and what level isGM() requires for it to be sent.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hallo Kevintjuh,

I have been using MoopleDEV for my server, and have been working on it a lot to make some additional fixes, and add good support for commands (imo).
The server I was hosting is not active anymore, so I decided to release everything and make people able to use the source and other stuff however they want.

Perhaps you might want to find some of my fixes for problems you might still find in the source.
You can find the source here:

Please do note, that I have changed the source to be a source with rebirths, it is not much like vanilla MapleStory anymore.

It contains (amongst others) the following things;

• Commands and ranks set-up in a neat way (see client.command and client.command.rank)
  • Protection against some packet editting hacks (character creation, auto-ap)
  • A lot of commands and ranks (Guard rank, which are player moderators)
  • Player logging (login, levelup, commands, chat, cheaters)
  • Bug fixes

Let me know if you can use anything of it, or if you need any help.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Menno

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hallo Kevintjuh,

I have been using MoopleDEV for my server, and have been working on it a lot to make some additional fixes, and add good support for commands (imo).
The server I was hosting is not active anymore, so I decided to release everything and make people able to use the source and other stuff however they want.

Perhaps you might want to find some of my fixes for problems you might still find in the source.
You can find the source here:

Please do note, that I have changed the source to be a source with rebirths, it is not much like vanilla MapleStory anymore.

It contains (amongst others) the following things;

• Commands and ranks set-up in a neat way (see client.command and client.command.rank)
  • Protection against some packet editting hacks (character creation, auto-ap)
  • A lot of commands and ranks (Guard rank, which are player moderators)
  • Player logging (login, levelup, commands, chat, cheaters)
  • Bug fixes

Let me know if you can use anything of it, or if you need any help.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Menno

Thanks for telling me. However as you've known probably, I am slowly creating revision 121. Which will contain lots of revamps and fixes.

Appreciate it though!

Met uitzonderlijke groeten,
Kevin :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Using a clean r120 source, I am getting the in-game error on character selection ("can't log in" something, I forgot what's it called). Also, the server's console seems significantly less chatty than what I am used to from classic OdinMS forks that usually printed stack traces for every little error, so I cannot provide any technical info or quickly fix it myself - is there a hidden debug mode that I am missing?

-haha01haha01

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Using a clean r120 source, I am getting the in-game error on character selection ("can't log in" something, I forgot what's it called). Also, the server's console seems significantly less chatty than what I am used to from classic OdinMS forks that usually printed stack traces for every little error, so I cannot provide any technical info or quickly fix it myself - is there a hidden debug mode that I am missing?

-haha01haha01

If you're using a clean version it shouldn't come with any errors or whatsoever. Also it should've printed them if there were any, it is most likely a connection problem, something that blocks the connection (a firewall, a router's firewall, whatever). Also, glad to see you're still around!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

-haha01haha01
Hey there, long time no see,

That happens when it can't connect to the Channel server. This can either mean you haven't port forwarded correctly, or the ip in your source isn't correct.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there, long time no see,

That happens when it can't connect to the Channel server. This can either mean you haven't port forwarded correctly, or the ip in your source isn't correct.
Yea, I figured that out, I guess I'm just too used to the classic Odin setups with *.properties files. I poked around and found other issues in implementations of scripts, but overall it's pretty solid; definitely enough for me to work with, so good job on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back