Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Source] [v83] MoopleDEV | Multi Worlds | Rev 120 | Rev121 Snapshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have one main problem sir.....

Something really wierd happend just now... the player "shiro" used #gm so i came to check it out. she said she couldnt get to NLC so i warped her there. i noticed she was level 33 and still using a lvl 10 bow but she said she was pure dex. So because maple weapons dont drop (as far as i know ill get to that again later) i was thinking of helping her out too and giving her a maple bow (level 35) till we fix the drops. she then told me that she aready has a maple bow and i asked her where she got it from? And she said "from a pig or something". Hidden street on the other hand says that the maple bow only drops from 5 mobs: " Tick-Tock, Wild Kargo, Wild Boar and Block Golem". (see here: ). The only monster that she could have killed from that list are wild boars. So i decided to test them again to see if anny maple weapons drop, but after 400 kills i found nothing.... (see provided photo) So there are 2 ways she could have gotten that bow. 1, the bow drops from other mobs (you need to check that in database or something) or she spawned the item with character creation. the last part is an exploit i dont know too much about but it involves when a player makes a character they instead of having the normal top/bottom. hold anny equipment item (and even scrolls).

Bow | MapleStory | BeforeBigBang
bbb.hidden-street.net

ultimate proof^

landed 3 30% scrolls in a row aperantly

i say shenanigans and that she spawned atleast bwg, 3 gm gfa scrolls and a maple bow

check back the logs and try and learn how its done and patch the exploit

im done for today its 3:18 am im going to bed

i just did a quick google on character creation item spawn or something and found this

"[v75+v83] Edit Your Startup Items

This lets you take your startup items (level 0 sword, tshirt, pants sandals, etc.) and make them virtually anything you want. Does not work on GMS. Some servers patched it. If you click create character and nothing happens, it's patched.

Get harepacker (google it. Watch out for fake ones with viruses). And get a PE (kitterzv75 is good)

Open HAREPACKER. Etc.wz > MakeCharInfo.img > Info > CharMale or Female (doesn't matter) > 7,6,5, and 4 are (in no order) weapons/shoes/shirt/pants

You will be editing your startup items. You can edit all the values that are in 7/6/5/4, to anything u want. flip ids with whatever the hell u want. Then save open up maple. make a new char. choose ur starter "item" that u edited. Use Mapletip.com to find IDS, or open item.wz in harepacker for IDs

Now the tricky part --> open your equipment screen. your edited item will be equipped. If it's NOT highlighted red then just drop it, pick back up and it's fully functional. if it's shaded red, don't put ur mouse over it you WILL CRASH. Grab a PE, like kitterzpe v75 just google it, and an injector no bypass is needd.

Open up PE and send these packets depending where your edited item is.

47 00 11 1A 29 00 01 F5 FF 00 00 01 00 - drop equipped weapon
47 00 DD 98 29 00 01 FB FF 00 00 01 00 - equipped shirt
47 00 21 27 2A 00 01 FA FF 00 00 01 00 - equipped pants
47 00 9B 70 2A 00 01 F9 FF 00 00 01 00 - equipped boots

Send those packets depending where your item is equipped on, pick up, it'll be fully functional.

Obviously as u cant see u wont get 10000000 of any item, but u can get virtually any item. people go apeshit over chairs so yea. Some servers the items will come out as the server has edited it to be. Example if server has a "MSI" for workglove or something, and you make a workglove, it'll be +32k stats.

Some servers when u get the items u'll see it has 15 wep att or just 1 defense instead of the normal stats, thats because it takes the place of your shoe or weapon but same stats as your crappy default item.

I found the original method from some guy posted on HH.net (it's shut down i'm not advertising). I don't think it really matters who finds private server hacks..

HArepack doesn't work with v55 or v63. If you can find something that can edit wz files of v63 and v75 then would probably work. "

im thinking this is what shes using. patch this ASAP ppl can polude the server with spawned items and scrolls and stuff
Chat Conversation End

how do i patch that?

it happen in this moopledev rev 120 people can spawn item etc without being a gm

is this true??????

if its true please help/guide on how to fix this PE or w/e
Code:
//Check for top
        if(top != 1040002 && top != 1040006 && top != 1040010 && top != 1041002 && top != 1041006 && top != 1041010 && top != 1041011) {
            return;
        }
        //Check for bottom
        if(bottom != 1060002 && bottom != 1060006 && bottom != 1061002 && bottom != 1061008) {
            return;
        }
        //Check for shoes
        if(shoes != 1072001 && shoes != 1072005 && shoes != 1072037 && shoes != 1072038) {
            return;
        }
        //Check for weapon
        if(weapon != 1302000 && weapon != 1322005 && weapon != 1312004) {
            return;
        }

*works only for explorers, I haven't done for cygnus and aran!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Your script for the scrolls only worked half. The scrolls does not disappear when you scroll itself, but when you relog they're gone and plus you still can scroll the item infinite long.

These lines work for me so I'm not sure what you did wrong.
I never had the infinite scrolling problem tough. For me it was always just a visual bug, so you must be missing something else.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just like this?

createcharacterhandle.java
kevintjuh93 - [Source] [v83] MoopleDEV | Multi Worlds | Rev 120 | Rev121 Snapshot - RaGEZONE Forums

[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/images/404_image.png[/IMG] [url]http://tinypic.com/r/16k7ua9/8

scrollhandler.java

kevintjuh93 - [Source] [v83] MoopleDEV | Multi Worlds | Rev 120 | Rev121 Snapshot - RaGEZONE Forums

[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...ot asking for much.... i am just trying....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
all i want is just make a moopledev server up....
with pe dupe all done so i can play it aswell in peace..

im not asking for much....

i am just trying....
Omg you will need to work hard then.
Theres a lot of dupe methods.
I own a 2 years server and after work hard to remove all exploits, recently I have found another dupe method...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just like this?

createcharacterhandle.java

[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/images/404_image.png[/IMG] [URL]http://tinypic.com/r/16k7ua9/8

scrollhandler.java

[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...so the same as you did, worked only half.[/B]

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i am using moopledev rev 120

dupe pe......

a guy said this to me.....

i mean the biggest ones involve roll back and fredrick
also mush shop permits
and i have multiple for packet editing as well
which come patched with most public sources such as moople dev

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
Really stupid question but, what are the different GM levels? :)

0 = Player
1 = GM
2 = admin

Is that it? ;O

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I began testing some of my things, and I noticed that a lot of the NPCs, especially crucial ones like job adv., are not implemented correctly if at all. This is awkward considering those NPCs were already implemented correctly by other Odin-based servers years ago, but I can't even copy their implementation from those servers, because many internal names have changed. There seems to be a more crucial issue here - little changes to the server infrastructure have a devastating effect on script compatibility. In addition, writing scripts for Odin in native JS is pure agony, because of the awful flow-control mechanic with the status integer. Thus, I present to you my latest creation:

HaJS - Because Abstraction is Never Enough™

What is HaJS?

HaJS is a C#-based XML to JS compiler. It allows writing XML files describing the ways NPCs should behave in a hierarchical, logical strcture. When supplied with another short, server-specific XML that describes how different features are implemented on the server, it can compile the NPC XML into native JS code that runs on any Odin-based server, while auto-generating the state logic on the fly and letting the programmer evade all that blubber. Pretty nifty, if I do say so myself.

The server-specific feature description XMLs are extremely generic and additional features can easily be declared and then used from any NPC XML, guaranteeing the extensibility of the compiler.

Awesome! Where do I get it?

As with the rest of my work, HaJS is Free and Open Source Software (under MPL 2.0), and you can get the source code from .
Additionally, check out - not only does it contain the compiled binaries (in case you are too lazy to open Visual Studio and go through the one-click, one-step, 3-seconds-long compilation process), but it also contains my sample implementation of "Grendel the Really Old" (1032001.xml), and sample configuration files for MoopleDEV120 (moople.xml) and OdinTeh75 (odinteh.xml).

Simply run the executable, insert moople.xml into the Server Configuration box, the NPC XML into the other box, click compile, and you will have a compiled 1032001.js that you can copy into your MoopleDEV scripts directory to get a working Magician 1st\2nd job adv.

I can't run the program / It does this weird error / What is a computer

Note that this is a developer grade tool - if you cannot click "Debug", find the exception, and fix it yourself, you shouldn't use this tool.

(I'm just kidding, of course, you can send me messages if you encounter any weird bugs/errors. But please take 5 minutes to try and solve it yourself beforehand - I am sick and tired of people sending me messages until this very day about not being able to start any of my software because they don't have the latest .NET installed. Oh, also, this one uses .NET 4.5.1, so make sure you have that)

Kevin - can you fix the zakum expedition guy? I need to get that and the job advancements done. The latter I'll already do myself now that I can write them in HaJS, but I looked at zakum and it seems you removed half the logic around squads and I have no idea how are we supposed to use that now.

P.S. did I already mention you need to install .NET for this to work? I don't think I did. Well, you do. of it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I click "Create" when trying to create a character, a box pops up (in-game): "Failed due to an unknown error". Then exits me out of the game. Any idea why?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So I began testing some of my things, and I noticed that a lot of the NPCs, especially crucial ones like job adv., are not implemented correctly if at all. This is awkward considering those NPCs were already implemented correctly by other Odin-based servers years ago, but I can't even copy their implementation from those servers, because many internal names have changed. There seems to be a more crucial issue here - little changes to the server infrastructure have a devastating effect on script compatibility. In addition, writing scripts for Odin in native JS is pure agony, because of the awful flow-control mechanic with the status integer. Thus, I present to you my latest creation:

HaJS - Because Abstraction is Never Enough™

What is HaJS?

HaJS is a C#-based XML to JS compiler. It allows writing XML files describing the ways NPCs should behave in a hierarchical, logical strcture. When supplied with another short, server-specific XML that describes how different features are implemented on the server, it can compile the NPC XML into native JS code that runs on any Odin-based server, while auto-generating the state logic on the fly and letting the programmer evade all that blubber. Pretty nifty, if I do say so myself.

The server-specific feature description XMLs are extremely generic and additional features can easily be declared and then used from any NPC XML, guaranteeing the extensibility of the compiler.

Awesome! Where do I get it?

As with the rest of my work, HaJS is Free and Open Source Software (under MPL 2.0), and you can get the source code from .
Additionally, check out - not only does it contain the compiled binaries (in case you are too lazy to open Visual Studio and go through the one-click, one-step, 3-seconds-long compilation process), but it also contains my sample implementation of "Grendel the Really Old" (1032001.xml), and sample configuration files for MoopleDEV120 (moople.xml) and OdinTeh75 (odinteh.xml).

Simply run the executable, insert moople.xml into the Server Configuration box, the NPC XML into the other box, click compile, and you will have a compiled 1032001.js that you can copy into your MoopleDEV scripts directory to get a working Magician 1st\2nd job adv.

I can't run the program / It does this weird error / What is a computer

Note that this is a developer grade tool - if you cannot click "Debug", find the exception, and fix it yourself, you shouldn't use this tool.

(I'm just kidding, of course, you can send me messages if you encounter any weird bugs/errors. But please take 5 minutes to try and solve it yourself beforehand - I am sick and tired of people sending me messages until this very day about not being able to start any of my software because they don't have the latest .NET installed. Oh, also, this one uses .NET 4.5.1, so make sure you have that)

Kevin - can you fix the zakum expedition guy? I need to get that and the job advancements done. The latter I'll already do myself now that I can write them in HaJS, but I looked at zakum and it seems you removed half the logic around squads and I have no idea how are we supposed to use that now.

P.S. did I already mention you need to install .NET for this to work? I don't think I did. Well, you do. of it.

This, as with all your releases, are valuable tools that contribute to not only the MoopleDev source, but the development of many others. I already played around with a few other Job Advance NPC's, because that is a valid point regarding their implementation. Your program is dead on with spitting out a working script, thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This, as with all your releases, are valuable tools that contribute to not only the MoopleDev source, but the development of many others. I already played around with a few other Job Advance NPC's, because that is a valid point regarding their implementation. Your program is dead on with spitting out a working script, thanks!

It contains all job advancement logic, including aran. It is, however, non-canon, so if you want that you are going to have to implement them yourself.
You have to get the newest version off my git to compile those. They also exemplify some of the cooler features I've added, such as asserts and function inlining - take a look at that if you are planning to make NPCs of your own.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@haha01haha Good to see you are still around! Love your software :) kevintjuh93 How goes the progress on 121? Been hovering around the forums for quite some time waiting for it :).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@haha01haha Good to see you are still around! Love your software :) @kevintjuh93 How goes the progress on 121? Been hovering around the forums for quite some time waiting for it :).

@kevintjuh93 I've been meaning to ask you Kevin how things were coming along with the server we gave you. I was on family leave since December of last year, and haven't had any messages from you. I logged into the dedi and see it's offline. Either my sponsor shut it down or we have to call OVH. Let me know and I'll get you back up and running the beta server again. My adamant apologies.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@haha01haha HaJS is simply fantastic. I just went through the process of fixing a bunch of references in scripts because I moved things around in my source, and was thinking NPCs should be more generic so that wouldn't be necessary. I could definitely see myself using this in the future when I script NPCs... Unfortunately, it's a lot more work to write up the XML for them than it is to change a few references here and there, so I'm guessing it will be a loooong time before we have a good library of XML files for NPCs.

Either way, still a very good tool, and I could see it dramatically improving scripting for Maplestory servers moving forward.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@zaczac The progress is currently very very slow. I am quite busy with school at the moment and I've gained intereset in making a bot for Clash of Clans. However, whenever I get more time, I will certainly start coding again and I will probably make a new repository so you can track all updates!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sounds good :) Real life priorities more important, the new repository sounds awesome too. Thanks again for staying with this so long!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't seem to get my server to read from the ServerConstants.java,

i put in my username and password but it doesnt change when the server goes to connect to the database, i don't use a blank password for my databases and the config will not read my edit.... even if i do Shift + F11 to clean rebuild it and it still doesnt even work.... apologies if im just stupid or something

EDIT------
Got it working after fetching a fresh SVN and recompiling,
as for people having errors logging into the GAME SERVER

Change this to your LAN IP not your WAN IP
public static final String HOST = "192.168.X.X";

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back