Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Toontown Server Source Code (and tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thanks for whoever posted the thread, great help!
I can program just fine, and I've done a few of my own mods to the game, and mostly it works. But I can't for the life of me figure out what file to give my friend to attempt to log on?
I've developed a whole lot in the actual game though!

Your friend needs the folder that you use to connect to the game. Just change the start_game_localhost's IP to your IP and it'll work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I can not for the LIFE of me get Astron to compile...

Cmake first couldnt find yaml-cpp even though it WAS in the directory.. Now it can't find boost -_-.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Increase TCP Buffer Size.bat is not in the ToontownInfiniteRetro folder, it's in the TTISource folder.

I know, but the instructions say: "7c) Go into "ToontownInfiniteRetro" and then run "Increase TCP Buffer Size.bat" as administrator."

I only pointed this out because it went against the directions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well, i followed the instructions perfectly and still got The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) after running start_astron_server.bat on Windows 8.1 :(

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What are the ports to forward in order to have other people connect without Hamachi? I know a few, but I'm not sure if they are all of them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've fixed step 7c) - sorry for not posting here much, I've been busy with various other things.

ports are 7197 7199 7198

I do believe you only need port 7198 open for clients to connect. Having all the ports open is bad, I know that for a fact - would not recommend it especially if you are going to make the server public.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I run start_astron_server, give me a dll missing error (MSVCP120.dll). If I use a downloaded dll the error changes to (0xc000007b).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
When I run start_game_localhost.bat it runs well, but it will stop doing anything once it says "(all display modules loaded.)" It doesn't open toontown or anything else. Help Please.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I do not take credit for this

Source code download ( )

1) Download the source
2) Extract the source somewhere (right click > extract all). If you don't have that option, (a much better winrar alternative)
3) Go into the TTISource\ folder
4) Install python-2.7.msi inside that folder
5) Install vns_full.exe inside that folder
6) Copy or cut the "Panda3d_1.9.0" from that folder into your C:\ directory.
7) This step requires a few parts (for the TCP buffer patch)
7a) ( or look it up for Windows 8 ).
7b) Reboot your computer after turning UAC off (if already off, ignore this).
7c) Go into "TTISource" and then run "Increase TCP Buffer Size.bat".
8 )Turn UAC back on (or keep it off) and reboot (you MUST reboot after running the patch)

Now you're ready to start the server!
9) Go into "ToontownInfiniteRetro" and then run the following with administrator in this order:
9a) start_astron_server.bat
9b) start_uberdog_server.bat
9c) start_ai_server.bat (this is basically the "district" server, in layman's terms)

NOW WAIT FOR THE DISTRICT TO START. It will take a little bit to create all the objects.
If you get a "Unable to send datagram after connection is closed." error, you likely didn't run the TCP buffer patch correctly.

Now you're ready to play!
10a) If you just want to play singleplayer and you have the server on your own computer, you can go into "ToontownInfiniteRetro" and run "start_game_localhost.bat"

10b) If you want to play the game privately with a few friends, you can go into "ToontownInfiniteRetro" and edit "start_game_localhost.bat" with your server's IP (easiest way is to google what is my IP in my opinion)

Now you need to make yourself admin![/size] (or watch the video above)
11a) Easy method: Go into ToontownInfiniteRetro\astron\astrondb\ and open each yaml file with notepad. Look for one that looks similar to this, but with your own username:
Code:
id: 100000009
class: Account
fields:
  CREATED: "\"Sun Jun 22 22:30:02 2014\""
  LAST_LOGIN: "\"Sun Jun 22 22:30:02 2014\""
  ACCOUNT_ID: "\"usernamehere\""
  ACCESS_LEVEL: 0
  ACCOUNT_AV_SET: "[0, 0, 0, 100000010, 0, 0]"
  ESTATE_ID: 0
  ACCOUNT_AV_SET_DEL: "[]"
11b) Edit the line next to "ACCESS_LEVEL" from 0 to 700.

12) Now, relog into the game - and try typing ~ghost in the chat.
I didn't need to run the increase TCP buffer size for some odd reason. Weird right?

What are the ports to forward in order to have other people connect without Hamachi? I know a few, but I'm not sure if they are all of them.
Hamachi didn't work for my server, did it work for yours?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could someone please write a quick tutorial on how to compile Astron? I have been trying to SINCE THIS SOURCE WAS POSTED! Thanks to anyone who helps~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back