Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
I went ahead and updated the DBs on both the server and client side.
I’m testing directly over LAN now (no VPN) just to be safe, and I’ve made sure the time zones match up perfectly across the server and both clients.
The chat actually has that old school look now, which I honestly prefere way more, and it stopped freezing the game.
However, Whisper chat is still acting up; it just keeps saying something like "Message delivery failed."
Any ideas on what could be causing this?
P.S.
Might be worth adding this fix to the main thread under the spoilers section for anyone else running into it
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(Choose "Custom" installation)
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(Core components only)
XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(For web server)
DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)
Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
Open Command Prompt
Type ipconfig
Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
Open Command Prompt
Type ipconfig
Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
What’s inside the guides:
Part 1: A quick walkthrough on how to add the files and enable TalkService and WcfRelayHost in heroesOpTool.
Part 2: A deep dive into the technical side, how I achieved the fix and a breakdown of the interaction between services during WhisperChat packet exchange.
Important Notes:
Compatibility: This fix is specifically structured for ArtykWolf’s shared Windows 10 VM. If you plan to use it on a different server setup, pay close attention to your HostName and file paths.
Credentials:If your RCC & RCS use different SSMS credentials than those in the VM, do not simply overwrite the files (except for WcfRelayHost.exe, which I wrote from scratch). Instead, manually add the strings as shown in the PDFs or by checking the .config and .xml files in the archive directly.
UI & Stability: As suggested by memvoicam, remember to modify your Client/Server DB3s to use the older game UIs. This is crucial to prevent freezes, crashes, or errors in other channels like ALL or PARTY chat.
Archive Password: my RageZone nickname (all lowercase) " j84c3 "
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
I’ve also attached the archive directly to this post to prevent broken links in the future.
P.S.
If the fix works correctly for you after testing, feel free to add this to the top of the main thread. So far, I’ve only been able to test it on my own configuration.
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(Choose "Custom" installation)
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(Core components only)
XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(For web server)
DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)
Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
Open Command Prompt
Type ipconfig
Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
Open Command Prompt
Type ipconfig
Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.
Before starting, download and install the following in your server:
SQL Server Express -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(Choose "Custom" installation)
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(Core components only)
XAMPP -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(For web server)
DB Browser for SQLite -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(For editing .db3 files, also needed in client)
Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 -
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
(both x86 & x64)
USING MY VM:
Time Required: 0.5-1 hour | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Vindictus Private Server - Quick Setup (Pre-configured VM)
For use with the pre-configured VM image. Only IP changes required.
This configuration is for GUEST (VM SERVER) and HOST (CLIENT GAME) are in the same PC
Before You Start
Get your local IP address. We'll call this YOUR_IP.
Open Command Prompt
Type ipconfig
Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
SERVER (VM)
[Hidden content]
FROM SCRATCH WITH MY FILES:
Time Required: 2-3 hours | Tested On: Windows 10 Pro
Important: Get Your Server IP Address
You will need your LAN IP address throughout this guide. Remember it!.
To find it:
Open Command Prompt
Type ipconfig
Look for IPv4 Address (e.g., 192.168.1.100)
Note: When speaking of IPs I will refer to LOCALHOST (127.0.0.1), LAN(e.g., 192.168.1.200) or WAN(e.g., 142.7.123.34).
Regarding the chat issues mentioned recently, I’ve spent some time digging into the services and I’ve got a fix for the WhisperChat.
After spending several days digging into how the services interact and using Claude-AI to help me refine the code, I’ve finally managed to fix the Whisper chat functionality.
I’ve attached an archive containing the 4 files required for the fix. Inside, you’ll also find two PDF guides (one in Italian, one in English).
Huge thanks for sharing your files and the server!
I managed to get everything up and running and it plays like a dream. I’d tried some other files before but had a lot of issues with the Crossbow Kai—super glad to see that the Kai is actually fixed in your version!
I also set up the client/server via TailScale, so I’m already playing with some friends remotely.
Just had a quick question about this build:
The only chat that works is "ALL" Whenever I try to use Party or Whisper, the game just completely freezes up on me.