[Tutorial] Vindictus EU 1.65 Client/Server setup

So did everybody successfully update their EU client to latest? I updated mine to latest NA but got error:
"file is encrypted and not a database / null virtual machine pointer" error after changing heroes.db3 hfs 's featurematrix andchatrenewal to null, advancedui to null , ngm_disable to 1, ngm_local to 1, repacking the hfs and using it as the main database.
Haven't tried with original database hfs though, thought it would be pointless before Ein rach update this week.
Also beside client error HeroesOPtool didn't load everything properly.

Should I try with latest EU instead of NA?

You made smth wrong, check it again cuz as I said we are able for now run these files with all latest fficial clients, except KR.
 
So did everybody successfully update their EU client to latest? I updated mine to latest NA but got error:
"file is encrypted and not a database / null virtual machine pointer" error after changing heroes.db3 hfs 's featurematrix andchatrenewal to null, advancedui to null , ngm_disable to 1, ngm_local to 1, repacking the hfs and using it as the main database.
Haven't tried with original database hfs though, thought it would be pointless before Ein rach update this week.
Also beside client error HeroesOPtool didn't load everything properly.

Should I try with latest EU instead of NA?

I had that problem because of the hfs file size, making an even bigger junk file along with the heroes.db3 inside of the .hfs fixed it

For now ill be using this with the latest NA client:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/release-vindictus-1106627/index41.html#post8677929
 



Changes made:
Old UI
Old Chat
No "Login Failed" Message
Bunny Girl Set equipable

I think that's it

To Nultar: Thaks for files however with your files PlayerService crashes for me
The error log keep says s3ep5_m2, m3, m4.... xml is missing so i kept making xmls about 20 and
I just quit.

To Patchouli: Thanks for files but your hfs and db3 only location service and heroescommand boots and all services is perma-booting. Don't know what's the error. I also tried your method

To Flashfail: Thanks for advice. I made hfs for heroesdb3 a lot bigger adding 5mb picture and compressing it but didn't work +cry.

To Azuma: I've made some adjustments for example compressing the the db3 hfs folder not directly but clicking all the files and compressing them etc. the methods above and my folders are all mess XD

Much appreciation to all for adding insight and sharing updates. Computer science is too hard for me D: . I guess I'll wait a week until somebody writes up a guide and until Vindi updates Ein rach this week which is what I really wanted to try out. Of course my error reports will mean little to many but maybe someone has similar errors and can lead to good discussions hopefully.
 


You're right there you go I have uploaded my XML folder. Gvygvxvx managed to tweak the database so you don't actually need the xml files but I don't know how he did that^^
 
Btw, my db3 was originally heroescontents.db3.
However this new one is called heroes.db3.
Several times I delete heroescontents.db3 but it keeps making a heroescontents.db3 which is 0kb!!!
I don't know why and I dont know the fix and this might be reason why I get error
 
heroescontents.db3 is the name of the server database file
heroes.db3(.comp) is the name of the client database file
 
heroescontents.db3 is the name of the server database file
heroes.db3(.comp) is the name of the client database file

wow that clarifies so much! I was like did they change the database file name? Im such newb T^T
Btw thanks for xml also, everything boots fine. I will try with actual gameplay soon.



By the way how to get rid of advertisement with Delia picture Delia: Nobility's finest?
I already got rid of the starting logo splash usa bmp, but I'm not sure if we can get rid of this thing. I'm sure there wasn't anything like this
on 1.65 EU version



Just an update about the latest NA client with Nultar's files.
1. VVip effect is giving me beastly inner armor for all character. It used to give me 1, which was annoying but now so many @.@ How to get rid of all of this?
2. Nultar's files only set featurematrix ngm_disable and ngm_local to EU-gm not US-gm. So with US client I'm still seeing failed to login. If Nultar could kindly edit these files I would sincerely appreciate.(I have memory of engine error when I touched vzipflip Q.Q)
3. Delia advertisement picture pops up every time game is turned off, which is kinda of bothering(lol) cuz we can't even play delia(XD)
 
I can edit it later if you want, in the meantime could you try running the client with

vindictus.exe -stage -dev -lang en-eu-x-gm -noupdate

in your start.bat?
 




Changes made:
Old UI
Old Chat
No "Login Failed" Message
Bunny Girl Set equipable

I think that's it

Thanks for sharing nultar, I will give it a try when my EU client 1.65 is updated to latest.

You are using Gvy's march bin as well?

impunity, I will update my client today and test it :-)
 
I can't update the client, it said the service area is not in my country. anyone can upload manual patches?

EDIT: Nultar, can you upload that bin folder? cause the ones on this guide won't let me launch the client.
it gives an error about the size of the sync binary has changed, the game must re-installed. im using the EU 1.65 client to test since i can't update it to latest from my country.
do you know why this Playerservice and MicroPlayServive boots so long than before?i'm using your XML and those files provided.

nvm about the upload bin. it was the MHTW UpToDateInfor2.dat doesn't matched with the new bin lol. i replaced it but still couldn't launch the client with your heroes.db3.com. it gives the same errors as patchouli's. failed to load the uncompressed SQL/heroes.db3 errors.

EDIT2: so i decided to use the default EU client 1.65 heroes.db3.com the client launched.. but i still see the Failed to log in error. i think the heroes.db3 from the default client have this problems. causes it didn't synced. how did you guys managed to synced?
 
Last edited:
Download link to Gvy's Bins

I'm using the files in the 1 folder
 
Download link to Gvy's Bins

I'm using the files in the 1 folder


thanks nultar, I will test it out with your heroes.db3.comp now and see if the client will launch it normally :)

EDIT: sadly, none of those bins worked. all gives the same errors. what's going on? you can launched fine but I couldn't :(
 
Last edited:
Can someone help me with the cash shop service i have tried everything i could possibly think of and it still won't connect here is a pic of my cash shop service in heros tool. Does anyone know how or where to edit the port for the service?
 
Anybody got Rochlann and Yochaid(Season3 ch2 ep1) working with latest client?

I can click ep4 lugh on the map havent tried if it works tho

Ch2-1 rochlann is on the s3 map but cant click it for some reason Im sure its a bin problem

I think im using eu1.65 bin but can somebody confirm if their bin works rochlann?
 
Anybody got Rochlann and Yochaid(Season3 ch2 ep1) working with latest client?

I can click ep4 lugh on the map havent tried if it works tho

Ch2-1 rochlann is on the s3 map but cant click it for some reason Im sure its a bin problem

I think im using eu1.65 bin but can somebody confirm if their bin works rochlann?

You can create a Lugh boat but it won't be able to start (although Gvy managed to launch the boat, but the boss didn't spawn so he landed on an empty map)

I can't click on roch lann either (using latest EU Client)
 
You can create a Lugh boat but it won't be able to start (although Gvy managed to launch the boat, but the boss didn't spawn so he landed on an empty map)

I can't click on roch lann either (using latest EU Client)

Ah I see, thanks. I was wondering if it was just me that didn't work and I updated primarily from 1.65 to latest 1.69 to get the new dungeons but oh well lol. Deriving from that info, my guess is that Ein rach dungeons won't work or will need extra modifications +trial/error if we change our client to 1.70 official NA/EU a few days later when they will update it.

No delia, no lugh/rochlann, maybe no Ein rach but regardless the couple few weeks have been dream come true for me and I'm sure for many others.
 
Anyone having issue with exps not obtained after killed boss at stages? I'm using the new bin and heroescontents.db3 from this guide and original heroes.db3 from EU client 1.65 that produced the problems pluses some characters can create only with 1st slot default haircut from characters creation screen.
 
Back