• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Windows 8 will not be poop, probably going to be one of the best operating systems we have ever seen.
I'm thinking of that too because I think they want to outrule XP and make everyone turn to Windows 8 hence then XP would be history when Windows 8 is out

Reaction score
windows 8 its cool
jyap1021 - Windows 8 - RaGEZONE Forums

if u want it tell me i give u links to download by PM ;D

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Microsoft announced that the windows product line will end with 7, and that any more ventures into operating systems will have a completely new product name, and will more than likely be based in the cloud

Reaction score
Bumping: Windows 8 Developer preview now available now.

Click to check it out

Dual boot Windows 7 & 8.

Last edited:
Reaction score
but the windows properties says that its windows 8 ?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

also this is windows 8 right?

That is not.

Is:

It's actually quite nice. The Start Menu is actually the Metro UI. The Office Ribbon is on most things including folder tasks.
Etc, Etc

The login screen is way different from that. It basically shows an image with the date/time in the bottom left corner in big white letters. To unlock the computer you need to pull that image up, which it'll then automatically log you back in.

I can't take a picture of the login or the start because they are like cascaded windows that you cannot necessarily close, therefore the screensnapr will only take a picture of the background window.

If you guys want more screens, I would be more than happy to show because I am stuck with Windows 8.

I would not recommend you to dualboot with windows 8 because some bug changes your Main OS's Drive to the D drive and Windows 8 to the C Drive, and you cannot switch them..

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Windows 8? Haha.

Probably some rumour. I doubt it's true, Windows 8 would be more developed too.. Wouldn't it?

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wait till Windows 8 has its first 2 service packs, THEN maybe I may decide to get it. That will be several years down the road, by the way. As it is with all windows versions. I already have an invite to test it out, but probably wont. I just reformatted with windows 7 on my new SSD - and no way will I bother with windows 8, unless I feel like popping in one of my older 500gig drives to use for it.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Windows 8 is definitely not a rumor lol, but windows 7 is really fine, I'm not like "omfg waiting forrrr it !" .

Reaction score
Started playing around with it.

It's nice so far, it would be very nice on a decent sized tablet imo.

I like the simplicity of IE (tablet version) where it's very minimal, it has A LOT of space around it. It'll take some getting used to, especially for the start button but overall I'm liking it, looking forward for the win8 release :)

Last edited:

x42

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
._.

Windows 7 with some upgreads...
Couldn't they just call it Windows 7 SP2? ;o

Reaction score
This is the tablet type version of IE that I like.

Very basic, really want to get this type of IE for win7 lol

Btw the bottom address bar goes away as well, so it's fully full screen

Then all you do is right click and your tabs show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back