Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Login Server (Locator) Emulator

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Decided to start working on some stuff, and this is the logical first step. My Locator emulator's basically done, so I decided to go ahead and release it, along with the source code. It's essentially useless to use this instead of Locator, but I decided I should go ahead and release it as sort of a sneak preview for things to come, assuming I work on it all. Also, it might be interesting to programmers. It's written in C#.

Since I don't wanna type it all out again, I'll paste the readme here:

Readme said:
This is the first, and probably last release of my login server emulator for Gunz: The Duel servers. It's mostly to serve as a proof-of-concept and possibly a sneak preview of what's to come, if I don't get lazy and actually work on stuff, lol.

Anyway, it works like MAIET's Locator does. Configure the config.ini in the application's path (don't put quotations around the config parameters, and don't put a space before and/or after the equals signs), then start the program. It'll broadcast the server information to any clients attempting to connect, and it fetches the information from the ServerStatus table of your database just like the official one does.

Enjoy, and hopefully I'll have a lot better stuff in the future to show. This was just made for experience, for the future work, lol.

If you have problems, you can try contacting me, but I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood to help. Go ahead and give it a shot.

Also, I've only tested this with the June 2007 client/server, so I'm not sure if it'll work on other versions, I haven't looked at their protocols so there's no guarantee there. Try it out and lemme know.

-RepublicOfAstra

Here's the RAR download. The source is in the src folder, and the compiled version is in the bin folder. It's released under the GPLv3 license, which basically means you can do anything you want with it, but if you release a modified version, you MUST include the source code with your release. Enjoy.

And thanks to xXZyZXx for helping me work out some kinks in my packet handling, and for helping explain to me the process of it all so I could understand it and make it possible to code this.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Login Server (Locator) Emulator

hmm what exactly does this do?
The locator works fine for me so whats wrong with it?
eh looks like ill just have to see for myself :p

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score

...Can you not read? It's an emulator for Locator. There's nothing wrong with Locator, I just decided to write my own version of it. Hopefully I'll be successful at writing emulators for MatchServer and MatchAgent as well, meaning you won't have to use stolen software from MAIET anymore. As well, the source would be fully editable, allowing more customization than simple XML editing.

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

ah, I knew it was an emulator but I thought maybe it had some stuff the old one didn't. Well you basically answered my question thanks, and I hope your not mad, cause you do sound mad sometimes (no offense :p)

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Eh. I know I usually sound mad. I'm not though, really! D: I'm a lot less of a tightass when I'm not on Ragezone lmao

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ya, and nice it works and all. Connects smoothly and everything, hope you can emulate the MatchServer/Agent so if we make a big successful private server, Maiet/ijji cant come shut us down :D
EDIT : btw what does the !rawsql command do?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

u rox, w8ing for more updates

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hm, probobly won't use until it gets ALOT better, like almost complete editing and a whole bunch of cool features, but definetly gonna look at this + try it out. Good idea, and good luck!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

nice release looking forward to more updates
just a lil preview of wut it looks like for peeps
RepublicOfAstra - Login Server (Locator) Emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Gunz Developer / Support
Reaction score

Excellent Very nice work! 9/10 =)

Edit: I Test and Working Connection with MatchServer.. i Testing Conection with Client!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Sounds good
will have to try :D

Edit :-
Excellent job :D

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ya, and nice it works and all. Connects smoothly and everything, hope you can emulate the MatchServer/Agent so if we make a big successful private server, Maiet/ijji cant come shut us down :D
EDIT : btw what does the !rawsql command do?

The !rawsql command lets you type in an SQL query and execute it directly from your Login server to your DB. It doesn't display the information if you do a SELECT.

That might be the only update I do in the future. But since it's not too important, I won't worry about it right now, gonna go ahead and start on my MatchServer emulator today. Not sure how it'll go, but I'll release updates along the way lol

And lol, why is this a sticky? It's not too important really. Just makes your server slightly less illegal :p The only thing I'd see becoming a sticky is a MatchServer emulator release. This is more of a sneak preview.

The beer?? Its here !!!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The !rawsql command lets you type in an SQL query and execute it directly from your Login server to your DB. It doesn't display the information if you do a SELECT.

That might be the only update I do in the future. But since it's not too important, I won't worry about it right now, gonna go ahead and start on my MatchServer emulator today. Not sure how it'll go, but I'll release updates along the way lol

And lol, why is this a sticky? It's not too important really. Just makes your server slightly less illegal :p The only thing I'd see becoming a sticky is a MatchServer emulator release. This is more of a sneak preview.

This should be sticked for an couple of days, because it runs alot smoother then the original Locator

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

ya, it deserves it a sticky. Maybe when you have all 3 emulated and working you can release them all in one whole post and they can sticky that.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score

Have MatchServer, Locator and MatchAgent all merged into one~~
Easier lol =)

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Have MatchServer, Locator and MatchAgent all merged into one~~
Easier lol =)

I don't wanna merge them all into one, lol. It'd be easier for the end-user, but from a design point of view as far as programming, it'd be easier for me to do it this way.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Eww. C# Source. I'm going to steals it and turn it into Java, since I like Java better. Java= Multiplatform, so people can finally run servers on Mac and Linux and whatever the hell they have JVMs for these days, but they'll need the whole JDBC ordeal crap for databasing.

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score

lol. Well I didn't use ODBC connector, got lazy and did direct MSSQL connection. But I'm sure you could do the ODBC easily lol.

Anyway, if anyone's interested on progress. Since tomorrow's my first day of school, I didn't get to work much today on the MatchServer emulator. Got started on it. Got a few basic things like packet functions done (encryption, decryption, checksumming, etc.) and working correctly. I'll hopefully have character list working by next week. It'd probably be sooner, but I'm busy with life lol.

And I'm testing it all with the June client. I'm sure the protocol is the same with most clients, but on initial release it'll be compatible only with the June client. But I'm sure if you wanna use it on a different version, you'd just have to update the key initialization function, and maaaaybe the encryption/decryption algorithms. So I don't think it'll be too hard to get it working for other clients once I get poop working for the June client.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Eww. java emu, lol will the java one work with meny ppl? or will it fail like the L2 java emu?

Back