• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Development] LaStar Private Server Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well you've pretty much blocked me everywhere else. ;D

Jonny, if you check this thread often, or at all, I was wondering how you're planning on dealing with things such as quests. Lua possibly? :thumbup:

pretty much lua or xml not really sure... Theres so much useless data server side that i havnt come up with a perfect plan to do so... Its slow work when you work alone... Hopefully some people are willing to help....

i've never played latale nor do i ever plan on playing it.. I just enjoy codeing.. and learning packets...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pretty much lua or xml not really sure... Theres so much useless data server side that i havnt come up with a perfect plan to do so... Its slow work when you work alone... Hopefully some people are willing to help....

i've never played latale nor do i ever plan on playing it.. I just enjoy codeing.. and learning packets...
you really like coding huh? la tale is pretty fun you shud try it. How do you have fun doing that (even though i made a simple program with that C++ thingy its complicated:grr:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For sure well have screen shots asap of our in-game progress. And soon alpha will be available to test.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

a little question... can you give an aproximated time for when its finished?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since alpha is invite only, I most likely wont get invited. But yeah any Estimated time to when it will be open. I can't wait to hear (possibly play) about it. The first LaTale private server, gonna be so popular just like Odin.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had honestly all but given up on any chance of this happening soon. I knew eventually someone would stop claiming and actually make some progress though I am obviously still skeptical right up till I am playing it myself, but that isn't me trying to discourage you or accuse straight out just my school of thought always has been that way. Glad to hear about the relatively fast progress though. This stuff really interests me even though I have never looked into it programming is my chosen career path. Oh also can't wait for the beta to come out good luck in alpha testing when you get to it. Hopefully nothing major goes wrong and sets you back.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For sure well have screen shots asap of our in-game progress. And soon alpha will be available to test.

If I do get invited and test it out where will I report bugs, possible glitches, and ect.? and will there be a Database wipe after?:$:
I'd be glad to be a moderator for the server voluntarily...:thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow , already in aplha? Nice, this is the furthest I've seen a Latale p-server good. Keep up the good work =P

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow , already in aplha? Nice, this is the furthest I've seen a Latale p-server good. Keep up the good work =P

Haha already? Ive been watching this topic since I got hacked in ogplanet and my beta LaTale -er was gone. So these awesome people are koolio enough to code this and im soo sleepy i dont know what im talking about now. But they're doing a pretty goood job on this I'd help in anyway possible:)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I have some spare time over weekends that I wouldn't mind doing repetitive jobs in Lua/XML, either work for me.

From what I've XML should work fine, but I've never played the game myself.

Reaction score
I have some spare time over weekends that I wouldn't mind doing repetitive jobs in Lua/XML, either work for me.

From what I've XML should work fine, but I've never played the game myself.

Yah it doesnt really matter to me... Attack,skills,mobs,quest drops,items drops,npcs, portals.item mall,npc dialog... all i can think of.....I really havnt fully looked into the LDT files to see whats useable and what is not...... I havnt played latale eirther i just go by what the packets say.... Have others feeding me information that i dont know like stats and npc data and mobs etc... plus this helped me alot too...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Be great when it comes out but I'd expect very heavy traffic and plan for it early because of the sheer level to upgrade jobs a lot of people are turned off playing a lot so a private server is going to draw them fast. Good luck with getting through the rest of the progress and lets hope nothing ugly pops up.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Haha already? Ive been watching this topic since I got hacked in ogplanet and my beta LaTale -er was gone. So these awesome people are koolio enough to code this and im soo sleepy i dont know what im talking about now. But they're doing a pretty goood job on this I'd help in anyway possible:)

I mean yeah, it's been up for a while now, but after seeing lots of promising threads about peoples servers just die down, I started to think latale would never have a p-server. But now, this thread, it seems that this team is doing a good job, and the hopes of having a private server are coming back.
Also getting second job isn't that hard. People make it sound reallly hard. but I mean come on, after most latale-ers retired from maplestory, they should see how much easier this is than ms.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mean yeah, it's been up for a while now, but after seeing lots of promising threads about peoples servers just die down, I started to think latale would never have a p-server. But now, this thread, it seems that this team is doing a good job, and the hopes of having a private server are coming back.
Also getting second job isn't that hard. People make it sound reallly hard. but I mean come on, after most latale-ers retired from maplestory, they should see how much easier this is than ms.

Tru dat hibari

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
like ive said can any of you (jonny or Amiria) tell us an aproximated date for the open beta release?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm looks like a kind of hidden-street.net of MS but LaTale lol
but just adding something to this for johnny and amiria, How will you update your client? every thursday or every 2 thursdays they update their client. I think OGPlanet has the fastest updating.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When they update the clients. Much doesn't change, they only add more fashion shop items. So most likely well just have to redo the packets for that every time?

But we're working on screenshots of in-game. Jones doesn't get on during the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back